PUFA Cause Creatinuria, Vitamin E Abolishes It

haidut

Forum Supporter
The study was done on rats with tocopherol deficiency but I think the finding about PUFA bad effect is valid regardless. More importantly, the intensity of the damage increased with increased unsaturation of the types of PUFA and adding even low doses of vitamin E to the diet (human dose of ~15mg) greatly delayed the damage done.
Ray has written that PUFAs can increase leakiness of kidney tubules and make albumin appear in the urine (proteinuria) even though the kidneys are otherwise healthy. I wonder if the process described in this study is what is responsible for both conditions.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/82/1/19.full.pdf

RobertJM

@haidut

If you might be able to spare five minutes.

If you were in a situation where your Dr confirmed that you had proteinuria from extensive urine tests, and he had decided from blood tests that your kidneys, liver, prostate, cholesterol and bloods were fine, what would you do? Probably best for the pateient to insist on what tests were done, and to insist on a copy of the results for starters? Tests for infections have also been done and everything all clear.

If this was you, would you be concerned? Is this a serious situation?

The patient has been PUFA restricting for over four years now, and has taken vitamin E at variuis points (but never religiously).

Is this the toll taken from PUFA restriction (kidneys taking a beating), or could this be caused by something else?

Thanks dude

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

If you were in a situation where your Dr confirmed that you had proteinuria from extensive urine tests, and he had decided from blood tests that your kidneys, liver, prostate, cholesterol and bloods were fine, what would you do? Probably best for the pateient to insist on what tests were done, and to insist on a copy of the results for starters? Tests for infections have also been done and everything all clear.

The patient has been PUFA restricting for over four years now, and has taken vitamin E at variuis points (but never religiously).

Is this the toll taken from PUFA restriction (kidneys taking a beating), or could this be caused by something else?

Thanks dude

I would take some niacinamide and then do a urine test 60-90 minutes later. Often proteinuria is due to elevated FFA, which makes the kidneys leak albumin into the urine. You can buy urine test strips on Amazon and do the test yourself a few times before you head over to the doctor for the "official" test.

RobertJM

I would take some niacinamide and then do a urine test 60-90 minutes later. Often proteinuria is due to elevated FFA, which makes the kidneys leak albumin into the urine. You can buy urine test strips on Amazon and do the test yourself a few times before you head over to the doctor for the "official" test.

Thanks buddy. Apologies about delay getting back to you. Do you know what would cause elevated FFAs? I for sure have foamy urine and lots of other symptoms, but I’m kind of just trying to work out what is going wrong with my body. So I must constantly be in a state of lypolosis? Basically five years of making an effort to reduce PUFA in my diet has resulted in me becoming worse off, health wise. I’m in a situation now that I thought I would be moving away from, and I’ve ended up worse off than when I first started.

To actually get PUFA out of my tissues I apparently have to reduce dietary intake down to as low as 1.5/2g per day. I confirmed this with Ray. Which, I’m sure you can appreciate, is extremely difficult to do. Plus I have the added worry of the burden that this will put on my liver and kidneys (which I guess are already pretty taxed given my current health situation) as my body tries to detoxify the PUFA and (hopefully) slowly eliminate it, if I were to try and adopt such an extreme dietary protocol.

Above you recommend taking niacinamide and then retesting. Would it pay for me to take niacinamide long term, do you think? (at a sensible dose, so it doesn’t stimulate weight gain). I am 205 ibs, and 6ft. I was 180 ibs for most of my life prior to Peat, and I never had any obvious health issues. Everything was ok. I have your tovovit as my current vitamin E supplement, but it’s hard for me to ascertain any benefit or relief of symptoms, as very little supplements give me any sort of effects these days. Would taking extremely high vitamin E doses help my body deal with the attempted elimination of the toxic PUFA sludge?

All of this would, of course, be done with a low fat diet. I think this is how I’ve gotten myself into this problematic situation in the first place (with my health). Over the last few years I have eaten too much dietary fat. Which we are all pretty guilty of on here. And it’s so easy to do. I have put on unnecessary weight (which i need to lose). I feel unhealthy at this weight (the gut alone is not a good sign), and my low androgens are perhaps a result of my ongoing worsening state of health (testosterone at 400; prolactin at 14.2; dht at 29). My TSH is 1.73.

Don’t feel obliged to medically advise me in any way, I’m just seeking some advice. I know that my own situation has been caused by myself. And my proteinuria is apparently not severe or anything (at the moment), but of course, is an early warning sign that something is going wrong with my kidneys (early signs of damage).

Would lowering lypolysis for a person coincide with a person having lower body fat? So lower body fat, lower lypolosis? Is the source of my problems down to the weight gain which has occurred in me over the last year and a half?

Cheers bro (sorry for essay)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks buddy. Apologies about delay getting back to you. Do you know what would cause elevated FFAs? I for sure have foamy urine and lots of other symptoms, but I’m kind of just trying to work out what is going wrong with my body. So I must constantly be in a state of lypolosis? Basically five years of making an effort to reduce PUFA in my diet has resulted in me becoming worse off, health wise. I’m in a situation now that I thought I would be moving away from, and I’ve ended up worse off than when I first started.

To actually get PUFA out of my tissues I apparently have to reduce dietary intake down to as low as 1.5/2g per day. I confirmed this with Ray. Which, I’m sure you can appreciate, is extremely difficult to do. Plus I have the added worry of the burden that this will put on my liver and kidneys (which I guess are already pretty taxed given my current health situation) as my body tries to detoxify the PUFA and (hopefully) slowly eliminate it, if I were to try and adopt such an extreme dietary protocol.

Above you recommend taking niacinamide and then retesting. Would it pay for me to take niacinamide long term, do you think? (at a sensible dose, so it doesn’t stimulate weight gain). I am 205 ibs, and 6ft. I was 180 ibs for most of my life prior to Peat, and I never had any obvious health issues. Everything was ok. I have your tovovit as my current vitamin E supplement, but it’s hard for me to ascertain any benefit or relief of symptoms, as very little supplements give me any sort of effects these days. Would taking extremely high vitamin E doses help my body deal with the attempted elimination of the toxic PUFA sludge?

All of this would, of course, be done with a low fat diet. I think this is how I’ve gotten myself into this problematic situation in the first place (with my health). Over the last few years I have eaten too much dietary fat. Which we are all pretty guilty of on here. And it’s so easy to do. I have put on unnecessary weight (which i need to lose). I feel unhealthy at this weight (the gut alone is not a good sign), and my low androgens are perhaps a result of my ongoing worsening state of health (testosterone at 400; prolactin at 14.2; dht at 29). My TSH is 1.73.

Don’t feel obliged to medically advise me in any way, I’m just seeking some advice. I know that my own situation has been caused by myself. And my proteinuria is apparently not severe or anything (at the moment), but of course, is an early warning sign that something is going wrong with my kidneys (early signs of damage).

Would lowering lypolysis for a person coincide with a person having lower body fat? So lower body fat, lower lypolosis? Is the source of my problems down to the weight gain which has occurred in me over the last year and a half?

Cheers bro (sorry for essay)

Chronic stress, elevated estrogen, endotoxin/inflammation, etc would all elevate baseline lipolysis. This has been covered many times by Peat and on this forum. So, my opinion still stands to use niacinamide and vitamin E. Progesterone is also anti-lipolytic. Some studies show using aromatase inhibitor also lowers baseline lipolysis, especially in overweight/obese people.

LiveWire

@haidut

Thanks dude

I don’t quite understand what you mean that your kidneys took a beating due to PUFA restriction.

Also you’re saying you’ve been peating for several years, and gained fat. Later you mention that you’ve been eating way too much fat these past few years. Did I get that right? Most people who gain fat peating usually attribute it to too much sugar. Are you attributing it to too much fat? Btw all that fat doesn’t sound too peaty.

I’m no way judging, just trying to understand your fairly interesting story.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals