1. LGS7 - Red Light Therapy Device - 670nm
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Puberty Stopped From Peating ?

Discussion in 'Male Issues' started by cellboy, Nov 13, 2017.

1. cellboy

cellboy Member

Hey guys, I've been peating for about two years now(started when I was 16) and apart from all the great things that came up with it, there's one thing that I noticed over the last few months and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's completely normal on this diet(and lifestyle). It seems as if my puberty stopped or something. Sometimes I even feel like I'm turning back into a child, physically speaking ofc. Not that it's a bad thing but you know how society is nowadays. They're all expecting us to be grown ups since birth. That's how it is in my country anyways.
    A year ago i used to look more masculine and had denser body and facial hair. My libido was higher too. Although i wasn't very muscular like i am now, i was leaner and had a lower bf% which made my muscles look more pronounced. If i shave off my beard i could easily pass as a 14 year old boy which is kinda depressing sometimes. I've read somewhere here on this forum that it's actually estrogen that masculinizes men. I've also read a study where males with a decreased sensitivity to estrogen became eunuchoid shaped or sth like that. I didn't do any lab tests(too expensive here in austria) to see where my estradiol levels are but i'm guessing they're pretty low from all the ass and raw carrots i've eaten.
    Maybe it's low dht from coconut oil or lower prostaglandins etc.(read that they're responsible for shaping that little thing in your brain which makes fsh and lh). I'm really confused about this one and if anyone here could help me i'd be very thankful :)

2. Constatine

Constatine Member

Well what does Peating mean to you? What is your diet like? Your lifestyle?

3. OP
    cellboy

cellboy Member

For me it's implementing dr. Peat's ideas into everyday life and mastering stressful events and situations through a healthy diet and mindset.
    My diet looks as follows:
    -In the morning:
    0.5 litres of warm milk with added sugar and salt, one or two raw eggs and two glasses of oj(homemade and strained).
    -Lunch:
    Mashed potatoes with minced meat or a gellatinous soup made with lamb feet and cartillage etc.
    1 litre of warm milk with added sugar and salt and tons of coke or oj
    1 raw carrot afterwards
    -Dinner:
    same as lunch plus some more milk.
    Note that i snack with haribo gummy bears throughout the day and drink tons of coke and dont take any supplements apart from aspirin.
    Lifestyle-wise i always try to keep myself mentally stimulated with various activities such as reading, learning new things, meeting new people, exploring new places and etc.

4. TheDrumGuy

TheDrumGuy Member

I dunno man you're still growing and developing, I wouldn't mess around with all these bizarre diets. Why did you get into Peat? Most of us are here because we've screwed ourselves up badly somehow, and we're trying to fix our bodies. The risks are much greater when you're a kid, and the benefits smaller. If you screw up your development when you're young, that's it, you can never really fix it. What did your parents think when you started Peating at 16?

5. seraphim

seraphim Member

There is nothing bizarre about your diet. Looking young is a good thing you'll appreciate it way more in 10 years.

6. Soundios

Soundios Member

Your diet is spot on compared to most adults, let alone 16 year olds, peating or not. As has been mentioned, as you get older looking youthful will work massively in your favour.

7. Constatine

Constatine Member

The symptoms you are getting definitely sound like downregulated 5-ar. Coconut oil, carrots, and maybe even potatoes (though I'm unsure about this one) can all lower 5-ar. Carotenoids in general seem to downregulate 5-ar. Also I wouldn't recommend coke or gummy bears. Sugar is great but there should really be nutrients that accompany it. Also you should probably not be taking aspirin regularly at your age. A good way to boost DHT tissue and brain levels is running sprints. Your diet is also very limited which is very bad. The human body thrives on a variety of foods, not limited diets (unless you already have very bad health). You need a lot more vitamins and minerals in your diet. Shellfish (especially oysters), some leafy greens (especially kale and spinach in moderate amounts), cheeses (Gouda cheese is high in vitamin k), fruits (juices are missing large components of fruits), some mushrooms (though don't overdo it as they tend to be relatively strong 5-ar inhibitors), and even cultural foods (from healthy- long living cultures) can be good additions to your diet.

8. OP
    cellboy

cellboy Member

I got into weightlifting prior to peat and at that time I was trying to maximise my testosterone levels through diet and found a blog called anabolicmen. The author there got into peat himself and was referencing him in every one of his posts about boosting test levels and such so I looked him up on the net and found his articles. His work basically answered most of my questions I had at the time. I was amazed of how every single thing dr. Peat said worked and made total sense so I stuck with it and here I am now.
    My father was peating his whole life without even knowing it(drinking and eating tons of milk and fruits, avoiding fat, getting adequate sunlight etc.) so it wasn’t a big change here at home. My mother‘s quite the opposite though as she‘s been doing low carb high fat the last five years or so.

9. OP
    cellboy

cellboy Member

Thanks man really appreciate it. I'm definitely gonna cut off coconut oil for a while and limit my fat intake to dairy alone and see where it goes. Apart from potatoes and fruits, are there and other good sources of carbs. Bread maybe? I've heard rice lowers 5ar too.
    I bought some Gouda and Brie today to up my K intake.
    What about Sauerkraut though? It's pretty popular here in Austria and apparently it got a decent amount of vitamin K2 and some healthy bacteria along with it.
    Do you know how long it takes for the 5ar enzymes to upregulate after following your guidelines? Hopefully i wont get something similar to post finasteride syndrome. :(

10. Bobber Anderson

Bobber Anderson Member

11. kayumochi

kayumochi Member

12. OP
    cellboy

cellboy Member

Interesting...so upping my pufa intake a bit(egg yolks and chicken)and limiting aspirin should resolve my issues?