Psychopaths

Parsifal

What about people that can't stand to be touched by others? Doesn't touching and empathy increase oxytocin hormone which is bad for Peat?

Luann

Then I asked him if by maternal neglect he referred to something like not touching or talking the baby and he replied:

Yes, touching, talking, looking.
Touching: The Human Significance of the Skin

Some research has shown that the gender of the parent that abused / left the child isn't as big a deal as whether it was the same gender parent. Seems that neglect from the same gender parent is far worse for the child.

DaveFoster

Ray Peat:
I think it's usually a combination of some neurological-endocrine damage and the effect of parental, especially maternal, neglect. I think there's an interaction of learning with brain development, and like language learning after puberty, it's probably very hard for an adult to learn to have empathy. Cultures can have attitudes that resemble psychopathy, attitudes about how people should interact, degrees of xenophobia, for example.
latest

equipoise

Psychopaths actually have a degree of empathy and understand a lot of what is going on but choose to ignore it. For instance one might look them the wrong way and they will easily get rid of them, they know its "morally" wrong thing to do but they simply dont care. Shrunken frontal lobe

PolishSun

As I read somewhere, that there are people who feel too much and people who feel to little. Narcissists are the first one, psychopaths are the rest. They have different parts of the brain damaged which correspond with hyperemotionality/ hypoemotionality or those are not developed properly.

equipoise

As I read somewhere, that there are people who feel too much and people who feel to little. Narcissists are the first one, psychopaths are the rest. They have different parts of the brain damaged which correspond with hyperemotionality/ hypoemotionality or those are not developed properly.
Nah you are thinking of borderline personality disorder. BPD. Narcissists definitely lack empatht aswell

PolishSun

Nah you are thinking of borderline personality disorder. BPD. Narcissists definitely lack empatht aswell
They lack empathy, because they have too strong feelings about themselves. Of course, I do not know for sure. I understand, that some narcissists have strong overwhelming feelings which they manage to control very well, therefore it looks like they hardly have any feelings. Bipolars look like ones who have strong feelings but they do not manage to control them.

Ignoramus

I think I was 'almost' a psychopath when I was 20 or so. I was on finasteride, and I think I experienced some maternal neglect during my early development. I think general loneliness ****88 me too. My brain came up with the equation that if I became really successful then I could have friends and intimacy, so I prioritised the pursuit of success above all else. The ironic thing is that 'success' is revolting to most healthy people, and of course you end up attracting other psychopaths and create an echo chamber of depravity. It's tricky, because when you're in that perspective you cannot be convinced that the mechanism is maladaptive; it feels like a 'superpower' to not consider morality, etc.

I had a drug trip in which my perspective was completely upended, and I somehow managed to escape into a better mental state. Now reality feels more subtle, magical, fascinating and 'whole', whereas my recollection of how I used to feel was more like an oscillating rollercoaster of grandiosity and abject emptiness. I think I may have had NPD; I'm not sure.

equipoise

I think I was 'almost' a psychopath when I was 20 or so. I was on finasteride, and I think I experienced some maternal neglect during my early development. I think general loneliness ****88 me too. My brain came up with the equation that if I became really successful then I could have friends and intimacy, so I prioritised the pursuit of success above all else. The ironic thing is that 'success' is revolting to most healthy people, and of course you end up attracting other psychopaths and create an echo chamber of depravity. It's tricky, because when you're in that perspective you cannot be convinced that the mechanism is maladaptive; it feels like a 'superpower' to not consider morality, etc.

I had a drug trip in which my perspective was completely upended, and I somehow managed to escape into a better mental state. Now reality feels more subtle, magical, fascinating and 'whole', whereas my recollection of how I used to feel was more like an oscillating rollercoaster of grandiosity and abject emptiness. I think I may have had NPD; I'm not sure.

High serotonin can make you feel that way, a good acid trip can completely rewire some pathways permanently, I am pretty sure.

Nowadays whenever I meet someone interesting, with this childlike explorative energy, eager to create and not shatter what others have built upon, these individuals, more often than not, dabbled in psychedelia.

"The good humour man he sees everything he tries to"

TopG

1. abuse during childhood
2. dysfunctional family
3. loneliness

All these factors combined.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals