Psychopaths and Estrogen

J

j.

According to wikipedia:

an indication of high prenatal estrogen exposure, was a "positive correlate of psychopathy in females, and a positive correlate of callous affect (psychopathy sub-scale) in males

Study

Ben

Don't interpret this in terms of "estrogen is bad". Too much testosterone in comparison to estrogen (low digit ratio) increases the risk of autism, promiscuity, and aggressive behavior, while the opposite (high digit ratio) increases risk of psychopathy in females and callousness in males, schizophrenia, eating disorders, and anxiety-related disorders. Increasing energy availability for the fetus reduces the risk of all mental disorders. I think RP mentioned schizophrenia and autism specifically. So digit ratio doesn't matter much, the amount of energy and stress does.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How would a person determine the 2D:4D ratio?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I did! Ha ha! I like this stuff and since my mom was given DES when pregnant with me I thought mine would be high but it's low. Oh well. Now I'm going to measure my family next! Just kidding( maybe when they are asleep)!

OP
J

j.

Maybe she produced a lot of progesterone on her own. That's gotta be involved somehow too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You're probably right. I didn't get the syndrome that makes offspring sterile so maybe she had a lot of protective factors as well as youth on her side being only 20 at the time.

Ben

Feminine women have offspring with higher digit ratio, and the less feminine ones have offspring with lower digit ratio because of hormonal influences. The feminine ones would have more progesterone and estrogen, and less testosterone. Like I said, it has little or nothing to do with overall energy level, and "youthfulness" has nothing to do with it. Older women are more likely to have children with autism in particular, which is correlated with a low ratio. I felt like my post was ignored since you guys went ahead and believed a low digit ratio is a good thing. Live around autistic people for a while, I guarantee you won't find them to be healthy.

Ben

I'm not upset. Digit ratio is a 'difference' (neither high nor low are 'superior', for example it has nothing to do with general IQ but one has better skills than the other), and variations in it alter the risk of various conditions like prostate cancer, sperm count, female fertility, fungal infections, hay fever, and various mental diseases. You made this thread with the assumption that the estrogen causes some negative effect. Women have more estrogen but they live longer than men because they also have more progesterone.

OP
J

j.

Ben said:
You made this thread with the assumption that the estrogen causes some negative effect.

I just quoted what caught my attention, didn't think of any assumptions. It's wikipedia who mentions estrogen. I'm quoting them.

Women have more estrogen but they live longer than men because they also have more progesterone.

I did read Dr. Peat as well.

Ben

You should of read more about the topic then. It appears to be framed as "estrogen causes brain damage to the fetus and results in psychopathic traits". After all, we know about the negative effects of estrogen, and this would appear to be another piece of evidence against it. Hopefully nobody would take aromatase inhibitors when pregnant because of this thread.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I didn't take it too serious myself but I was curious. I kind of had fun with it and when I read a bit on the topic I could tell low ratio supposedly has its own set of problems. Interestingly my mom is sort of masculine.

OP
J

j.

Ben said:
You should of read more about the topic then.

Maybe you should mind your own business. You don't know what I read or haven't read.

Ben

It's the business of whoever browses this forum. I think you got offended because I disagreed, then you thought I was "overreacting" as you put in your own words, probably a projection of how you would feel in this situation. Your last few posts had no scientific content, nobody who browses this forum wants to read that. You're just being defensive now because you know you posted this thread too impulsively. I'm done here, my well-informed opinion on the subject can be found on the first page.

OP
J

j.

Your last few posts had no scientific content, nobody who browses this forum wants to read that.

And people want to read about you crying because you think others didn't read your post? Your whining is scientific?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals