Psychologically conditioned to salivate excessively at night -- how to break it?

Judd Crane

Lately I've been salivating excessively at night. This begins at the start of my winding-down routine at night, which starts with watching TV. I think this might be a remnant from before when I used to eat ice cream at this time, which I don't do anymore. I think it might be some sort of psychological conditioning, and/or that I become mindful of the salivation causing me to salivate excessively. This reasoning is based on my experience from visiting my parents, where I didn't have this issue at all despite eating the exact same foods. This I believe is because I broke my routine and/or was distracted from the salivation issue.

Any suggestions for dealing with this?

redsun

Lately I've been salivating excessively at night. This begins at the start of my winding-down routine at night, which starts with watching TV. I think this might be a remnant from before when I used to eat ice cream at this time, which I don't do anymore. I think it might be some sort of psychological conditioning, and/or that I become mindful of the salivation causing me to salivate excessively. This reasoning is based on my experience from visiting my parents, where I didn't have this issue at all despite eating the exact same foods. This I believe is because I broke my routine and/or was distracted from the salivation issue.

Any suggestions for dealing with this?
If you are trying to fall asleep but can't because of salivation, theres a certain position that your tongue needs to be in to stop salivation. If not then it will just keep increasing salivation especially because you are focusing on it.

The tip of your tongue needs to be touching the top of your bottom teeth. and the rest of the tongue should be against the roof of your mouth but the teeth thing is the most important part.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

If you are trying to fall asleep but can't because of salivation, theres a certain position that your tongue needs to be in to stop salivation. If not then it will just keep increasing salivation especially because you are focusing on it.

The tip of your tongue needs to be touching the top of your bottom teeth. and the rest of the tongue should be against the roof of your mouth but the teeth thing is the most important part.
Great tip. Thanks!