Psychological Effects Of Serotonin

Such_Umami

I've noticed that when I am in a stressful environment (such as work or another boring place), I tend to go to a "happy place" where I kind of daydream about cool things. This is a kind of painkiller because it helps me cope with the situation whereas if I don't daydream, I might start thinking about darker things and become depressed. I'm wondering if this is the effect of serotonin as it's considered a happy chemical by mainstream medicine. Perhaps the "happiness" is coming from escapism it offers.

If the above is correct, would a powerful way to deregulate serotonin be to not to endulge in escapism when in a monotonous environment?

It seems anytime someone needs to go to a "happy place" they are probably not happy overall then with some aspects of life.

I know when I was smaller and in family gatherings I would find solace in doing probably similar to what you describe. I don't think it is a good thing because happiness should be the default -- not the exception in the course of yearning or wishing or fantasizing only. I won't judge someone without happiness of course for seeking it out even in imagination or not (life is kind of an illusion you could say anyways) as I do it too.

I think this kind of thinking process is serotonin-related since it is serotonin possibly that is responsible for "weird behaviors" and "getting lost in your head/thoughts" and such I think if that makes sense (not judging but just my observation -- everyone is their own "weird" you can argue or say).

I know that escaping to a place of happiness means you must not be in one or else "escaping" would not make sense. I'm also not saying that people who don't do this are necessarily happy either, but there are many variations and mentalities people take on anyways.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals