Hgreen56

@Twohandsondeck
question 1: why only milk and not other dairy foods? and what kind of milk? skim milk? whole milk? butter milk? goats milk? cows milk?
question 2: why potato starch powder? why not just real potatos, and let them cooling down overnight?
question 3: so now you only eat milk and potato starch powder "meals" everyday for the rest of your life?
becease when you eat normal foods again, then you damage the good bacteria again (if I understand your story correctly)
question 4: how long did you eat only milk + potato starch?
question 5:
but the basic idea is to essentially drink nothing but milk so that the starving bacteria at the end of the tube can be fed
This was the last piece of the puzzle: feed the bacteria at the end so that the ones at the beginning will work properly again.
just adding milk to your diet will also reach the end of the tube and fed the bacteria i guess?
i dont see why you have to quid everything else...

question 6:
Are you on drugs?
Just kidding :p:

Last edited:

Inaut

What i like about the potato starch (so far) over cooked and cooled potatoes is the space in my stomach and the lack of bloating i get from it. I always get gassy after eating cooked potatoes..

generalbill

I added potato starch to my shopping list and was about to try this until reading about persorption.

If somebody has a paid subscription to view this article to tell us what happens, that would be appreciated. It shows in the first page free preview, that somebody tried this experiment. It looks like they used 200g of uncooked potato starch suspended in milk:
The Phenomenon of Persorption

This is also interesting:
The Persorption of Starch

So, it seems like it does good by feeding gut bacteria, but perhaps might do bad by plugging up blood flow and causing premature aging and maybe dementia?

It seems like bananas were meant to be eaten ripe, not green for their resistance starch. This kind of turns me off to eating tostones unfortunately.

Vinny

A raw potato in the blender would be more nutritious, no?
Had the same idea, but I think better not. The solanine, you know....

Hgreen56

i dont like Matt cook.
i was searching around his website, read this article. is says: 'Try my new PET Protocol that Lowers Prolactin and Estrogen While Raising Testosterone in Men for free right now "
when you open this aricle, scroll down to the end... you must pay $97 for this stupid protocol.

i don't trust anything what he claims on his website.

Last edited:

opson123

Instead of potato starch, you could use pure lactose. You don't have to worry about the possible persorption and it does the job just as well.

Inaut

Instead of potato starch, you could use pure lactose. You don't have to worry about the possible persorption and it does the job just as well.

I think thats a brilliant idea @opson123 . Ill try that next and no worries about starch.

OP
Twohandsondeck
question 1: why only milk and not other dairy foods? and what kind of milk? skim milk? whole milk? butter milk? goats milk? cows milk?

Any other dairy food can't be consumed in great quantities compared to milk. The goal is to get lactose to the colon, that's it. I used whole A1 milk for the first several days but eventually cut back to 2% and then would occasionally use whole milk on training days. Being sedentary while drinking upwards of 1.5 gallons of whole milk is quite the saturated fat load. I'm not sure if it impedes the liver, the gall bladder, or what, but overeating saturated fat gives me body acne for a few days in a hurry.

As far as I know it's pretty universal that goat, camel, buffalo, and any form of raw and/or unhomogenized milk is going to be easier to digest than conventional store-bought A1 milk. If you can get ahold of this stuff and it doesn't break the bank, definitely do that instead.

question 2: why potato starch powder? why not just real potatos, and let them cooling down overnight?

@Inaut and @Vinny make a couple of good points as already mentioned:

What i like about the potato starch (so far) over cooked and cooled potatoes is the space in my stomach and the lack of bloating i get from it. I always get gassy after eating cooked potatoes..

Had the same idea, but I think better not. The solanine, you know....

There's also the lectin/nightshade factor. I tried cooked potatoes on several occasions while I still had a SIBO problem and they wrecked me every time. A unique side effect was joint pain from potatoes, too.

And the fiber is not only filling which limits starch & lactose goals but is also more problematic depending on how damaged a gut already is. I don't believe any form of cooked starch can substitute for raw starch or lactose.

question 3: so now you only eat milk and potato starch powder "meals" everyday for the rest of your life?
becease when you eat normal foods again, then you damage the good bacteria again (if I understand your story correctly)

No, I've been eating "normal" foods at some point on just about every day since the October 13th initiation of adding raw potato starch in. Coffee, meat, spinach, eggs in coconut oil, bread, fruit preserves, had a quesadilla one time... I just don't consume starch or lactose too close to any of these meals and it seems fine. Food sensitivity to most of these foods has become an expectation in my life but the 200g lactose/starch combination has helped that in a huge way straight off.

question 4: how long did you eat only milk + potato starch?

The first 48 hours it was basically all of my calories. On the second day I had coffee with sugar and half and half. From there on out I had 2 meals a day including some of the previously mentioned foods. Maybe a piece of bread midday or at night.

question 5:
just adding milk to your diet will also reach the end of the tube and fed the bacteria i guess?
i dont see why you have to quid everything else...

The idea is to account for gut transit. The less cargo that's on the track, the faster the train gets to it's destination. In an especially compromised gut, this transit becomes all the more important in order to mitigate the possible inflammatory effects of the casein protein of milk... Or at least that's how Kellogg's recommendations go. Drinking only milk for a time seems to have a special effect on the GI tract that is kind of like an alkaline saturation as far as I can make of it. In my experience, the strict saturation was only necessary for a time until eating acidic foods wasn't obviously inflammatory anymore... Which was like 2 weeks+ of milk, fruit, and a few milk + honey enemas retained for 15-20 minutes.

question 6:
Are you on drugs?

Haha I think those days are passed.

I added potato starch to my shopping list and was about to try this until reading about persorption.

If somebody has a paid subscription to view this article to tell us what happens, that would be appreciated. It shows in the first page free preview, that somebody tried this experiment. It looks like they used 200g of uncooked potato starch suspended in milk:
The Phenomenon of Persorption

So, it seems like it does good by feeding gut bacteria, but perhaps might do bad by plugging up blood flow and causing premature aging and maybe dementia?

It seems like bananas were meant to be eaten ripe, not green for their resistance starch. This kind of turns me off to eating tostones unfortunately.

Maybe this is fitting for you to peruse:
Milk Tongue

Also yeah. Clever thought @opson123

Last edited:

Hgreen56

@Twohandsondeck another good thread/experiment Sir!

Resistant starch helps with magnesium retention and vitamin D levels. I’ve tried this experiment in the past but gave up on it for some reason. Am willing to give this another go as I think it could be very beneficial as there are countless accounts of success. I wonder if this will help with hair loss...?? For some reason I’m correlating this to fecal transplants restoring the “soil” (minus the poop)

Studied effects of RS to (The Potato Hack, pg. 171):

- Improve bowel health

- Lower pH

- Increase epitheleal thickness

- Kill cancer cells

- Lower postprandial glycemia

- Increase insulin sensitivity

- Reduce body weight and prevent weight regain

- Decrease inflammation in the intestines and entire body

- Reduce the risk of breast cancer and colorectal cancer

- Reduce cholesterol/triglycerides

- Increase production of brain neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin

- Remove certain pathogens from small intestine

- Preserve Vitamin D in the body

- Increase mineral and vitamin production and uptake

- Remove toxins and heavy metals from the bloodstream

- Increase satiety and regulate hunger hormones

- Reduce fat storage after meals

- Improve gut microbiome (synergy, prebiotic, symbiotic)

- Protect probiotic bacteria
Do you talk about cooked potatoes cooling potato's overnight?
or just potato starch powder?

And how much potato starch do you need to to get all these benefits?
is 5 grams enough? 50 gram? 100 gr? or you need to ditch al the other starch? etc etc

Hgreen56

Last edited:
OP
Twohandsondeck
for everyone else:
For who is interested, This website has lot of info about resistant starch. (scroll down a little)
- Animal Pharm: HOW TO CURE SIBO, Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth: Step #4 Eat BIONIC FIBER

Cool resource. I picked up some arrowroot starch the other day as it was next to the potato starch. There was also some green banana starch available too, but I didn't grab it. In addition to this I have some Heather's Acacia "tummy fiber" at the house.

Going to see about combining all of this stuff together and see what happens instead of just taking one starch isolate at a time.

generalbill

Any other dairy food can't be consumed in great quantities compared to milk. The goal is to get lactose to the colon, that's it. I used whole A1 milk for the first several days but eventually cut back to 2% and then would occasionally use whole milk on training days. Being sedentary while drinking upwards of 1.5 gallons of whole milk is quite the saturated fat load. I'm not sure if it impedes the liver, the gall bladder, or what, but overeating saturated fat gives me body acne for a few days in a hurry.

As far as I know it's pretty universal that goat, camel, buffalo, and any form of raw and/or unhomogenized milk is going to be easier to digest than conventional store-bought A1 milk. If you can get ahold of this stuff and it doesn't break the bank, definitely do that instead.

@Inaut and @Vinny make a couple of good points as already mentioned:

There's also the lectin/nightshade factor. I tried cooked potatoes on several occasions while I still had a SIBO problem and they wrecked me every time. A unique side effect was joint pain from potatoes, too.

And the fiber is not only filling which limits starch & lactose goals but is also more problematic depending on how damaged a gut already is. I don't believe any form of cooked starch can substitute for raw starch or lactose.

No, I've been eating "normal" foods at some point on just about every day since the October 13th initiation of adding raw potato starch in. Coffee, meat, spinach, eggs in coconut oil, bread, fruit preserves, had a quesadilla one time... I just don't consume starch or lactose too close to any of these meals and it seems fine. Food sensitivity to most of these foods has become an expectation in my life but the 200g lactose/starch combination has helped that in a huge way straight off.

The first 48 hours it was basically all of my calories. On the second day I had coffee with sugar and half and half. From there on out I had 2 meals a day including some of the previously mentioned foods. Maybe a piece of bread midday or at night.

The idea is to account for gut transit. The less cargo that's on the track, the faster the train gets to it's destination. In an especially compromised gut, this transit becomes all the more important in order to mitigate the possible inflammatory effects of the casein protein of milk... Or at least that's how Kellogg's recommendations go. Drinking only milk for a time seems to have a special effect on the GI tract that is kind of like an alkaline saturation as far as I can make of it. In my experience, the strict saturation was only necessary for a time until eating acidic foods wasn't obviously inflammatory anymore... Which was like 2 weeks+ of milk, fruit, and a few milk + honey enemas retained for 15-20 minutes.

Haha I think those days are passed.

Maybe this is fitting for you to peruse:
Milk Tongue

Also yeah. Clever thought @opson123

Ah, just read it. I guess, just like people take a course of antibiotics for 2 weeks, or activated charcoal when they have an upset stomach, maybe it could be fine to do 2 weeks of raw starch to heal the gut.

mangoes

so did you eat fruit only to clear the tongue first before starting the milk? how long did it take/how much fruit and how often did you eat?

Cool resource. I picked up some arrowroot starch the other day as it was next to the potato starch. There was also some green banana starch available too, but I didn't grab it. In addition to this I have some Heather's Acacia "tummy fiber" at the house.

Going to see about combining all of this stuff together and see what happens instead of just taking one starch isolate at a time.
Yep, you will be onto a winner with arrowroot, I have used it and gives me no GI issues whatsoever;
15 Extraordinary Health Benefits of Arrowroot

Ben.

The pre-requisites to this were only that a person fasts on fruit until their tongue is clean and their bowel movements no longer have a putrid odor. I checked both of these boxes and dove in with nothing to lose, drinking only milk, really expecting to cripple myself... But within a few hours I knew that this was the answer.

I stayed up overnight drinking a cup of milk every 30 minutes until going into the grocery store early in the morning to pick up 2 more gallons.

I was too excited for words, so I abruptly dropped these fresh discoveries on the cashier:

I said, "I've spent the last ten years avoiding milk and telling people that if I could trade the ability to eat all other foods just to be able to live on milk, I would... And it turns out that that was actually the solution. That if you drink NOTHING BUT milk, then it's a completely different digestive effect than drinking it when there are still other foods in your body.

I'd consider trying this... on the fruit diet for lets say 5-7days you eat nothing but fruit? What does that mean exactly? dried fruit, raw fruit, cooked fruit and fruit juice all good?

Did you supplement anything while on this limited diet?
B-Vitamin Complex? Magnesium/Calcium? Essential amino acids?

Clean tongue and stool that doesn't smell, got it ... how about the bowel movement frequency? does it realy have to be 3-4 times a day? I only had this many movements while on a vegan diet with insane amounts of fiber. I consider trying this because enemas give me (eventho only short term) relief of many symptoms. So this approach could make sense.

With this milk every 30 minutes approach you also tok 200g of resistant raw potatoe starch split trough the day ... Would pure lactose as suggested higher up be just as effective and safer?

in the milk white coating thread someone suggested honey enemas ... did someone try that approach before? Or should i be the one to try that?

Either way man im glad you found yourself something that works. Kinda envious but also happy after reading this.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Ah, just read it. I guess, just like people take a course of antibiotics for 2 weeks, or activated charcoal when they have an upset stomach, maybe it could be fine to do 2 weeks of raw starch to heal the gut.

I like that framing. Yeah, exactly.

Even still, I'm not entirely sure that a prebiotic approach (like with starch, lactose) is the best idea for someone with small intestinal problems. It might be a great therapy, but I just can't speak from experience because I had already cleared a great deal of my own small intestinal problems between herbs, castor oil, and turpentine.

What's for sure though is that if a person with a severe small intestinal infestation were to experience a backlash effect from raw starch (lactose didn't help me in the slightest), they would know immediately and from a very small sample size.

For any 2 week commitment, definitely don't continue if it immediately gives you inflammatory symptoms. The only exception I know to this rule is when Hering's law of cure comes into effect while fruit fasting... In which case keep going until the symptoms soon pass.

so did you eat fruit only to clear the tongue first before starting the milk? how long did it take/how much fruit and how often did you eat?

In accordance with Kellogg's information, a person can merely fruit fast until the tongue is clear... But in my experience, I am highly doubtful that this would have been adequate by itself considering how stupid I was in the past, living on raw meat that had been kept in a hot car for 18 hours+, doing a super duper way-too-much fasted dose of raw psychedelic mushrooms, having taken antibiotics as a kid and proceeding to live mostly off of processed food for many years thereafter, drinking to the brink of alcohol poisoning on select occasions...

To answer your question, I used fruit and herb fasting very strictly for about 3-4 weeks prior, but eventually the benefits ceased and I still had clear digestive issues. As a matter of fact, I made myself zinc deficient while fruit fasting considering how much fruit & veg was passing undigested. Fortunately the zinc of just a few oysters and some salt turned this problem around quickly.

At which point using turpentine and castor oil and undergoing another purge brought me to a point in which the milch regimen became plausible based on my tongue and bowel movements.

Either way, Kellogg is right to recommend fruit fasting before the protocol... I just don't know if that's going to be the only thing that everyone would need to do before becoming eligible.

Yep, you will be onto a winner with arrowroot, I have used it and gives me no GI issues whatsoever;
15 Extraordinary Health Benefits of Arrowroot

Oh that's cool to see... Though this is just the starch, not the whole plant. Either way it hasn't given me any grief. Very similar to the potato starch.

I'd consider trying this... on the fruit diet for lets say 5-7days you eat nothing but fruit? What does that mean exactly? dried fruit, raw fruit, cooked fruit and fruit juice all good?

Dried fruit, avocado, banana, dates (and other "sweet" fruits), squash, zucchini, cucumber are not ideal for different reasons.

I was very content to use red grapes most of the time and oranges occasionally. Orange fasting can get pretty intense though, fair warning. A small amount of steamed vegetables will slow down detox symptoms (i.e. Hering's law of cure) very well. Raw vegetables will slow it down even less-so. Rice and meat will cause the body to stop going in the appropriate direction. This is what Robert Morse teaches... And I'm not just saying it as a parrot, I experienced it first hand.

Cooked fruit is slightly less ideal than raw fruit, but I wouldn't fret it. I find stewed apples are pleasant sometimes.

Fruit juice taken alone has a propensity to throw blood sugar for a loop and incite a stress response... At least there has been a number of times that it's given me cold hands & feet, anyways. Frankly it's not satiating and difficult to modulate amounts throughout the day. Feel free to experiment obviously but it never did me any favors. The fiber from whole fruit tends to have a favorable effect for the overall goal of cleansing and bowel movements, too.

Did you supplement anything while on this limited diet?
B-Vitamin Complex? Magnesium/Calcium? Essential amino acids?

Nah. It might have been to my depraved state of health, but every supplement I tampered with worsened my symptoms around this time. Like I mentioned before, zinc can become deficient when doing a carb-only diet... I think soaked raw pumpkin seeds are much more useful for replenishing zinc during a fruit fast because they aid with anti-parasitic activity (something about them preventing parasitic adhesion to the gut lining? Idk the mechanism tbh) and do not stop "detox symptoms" like meat, beans, or any other cooked foods do.

Clean tongue and stool that doesn't smell, got it ... how about the bowel movement frequency? does it realy have to be 3-4 times a day? I only had this many movements while on a vegan diet with insane amounts of fiber. I consider trying this because enemas give me (eventho only short term) relief of many symptoms. So this approach could make sense.

Yeah I feel you there, basically the same experience here.

Unfortunately yes. During the milch regimen I really didn't want to have to do 2-3 water enemas a day, but it proved itself necessary because my gut transit was just too choo-choo train slow. On one hand they were annoying for the clean up, but on the other hand every time I completed one, I could feel noticeable improvement so that became motivating.

As a side thought, I've heard Paul Chek mention that as a part of gut rehabilitation for bodybuilders who have abused themselves with stimulants and exogenous androgens in particular, he requires them to do 3 enemas a day in order to reconstitute gut elasticity. It's like the gut has lost tone and become a limp noodle and by simply regularly forcing water in the back, the pressurization will help reconstitute normal peristalsis.

With this milk every 30 minutes approach you also tok 200g of resistant raw potatoe starch split trough the day ... Would pure lactose as suggested higher up be just as effective and safer?

I can't speak to the pure lactose approach... I would imagine that would leave you feeling hungry, so probably best not to mess with nature too much if you're planning on milk fasting. The protein and fat also have their place and who knows what other complexes are in milk that might be facilitating the process, you know?

I didn't add the potato starch until very recently upon suggestion after my diet had been able to return to a type of so-called 'balanced' normalcy for 1-2 months... For that prior time during the milch regimen it was about 1.5 gallons of milk each day with some random grapes in the middle of the day spaced at least 30 minutes from the milk increments. I don't doubt that a raw starch addition during the milch regimen would prove beneficial.

in the milk white coating thread someone suggested honey enemas ... did someone try that approach before? Or should i be the one to try that?

Rofl, yeah that was me.

Milk and Molasses Enema

I finally got smart about the basement approach after being stupid about it for so long and it worked very well. I'd wager it could benefit anyone at any time to install lactose manually into their downstairs operation, but also... Try small doses first to gauge whether it's going to be a help or hinder.

I've found 1 cup of milk + 2 cups of water + 1 tablespoon of honey warmed to body temp, retained 15-20 minutes to work just fine, but I'm sure more milk would intensify the effect despite making retention more challenging. I've also used white sugar in that mixture but it didn't seem quite as potent as with honey.

Either way man im glad you found yourself something that works. Kinda envious but also happy after reading this.

Praise God. I hope to put a flashlight on a shortcut yet for those who lend an ear to hear.

Inaut

Still maintaing about two tablespoons of PS a day. One thing I'd like to know is my bowel movements are quite good right now. Don't want to jinx it either

TheSir

I began getting increasingly loose stools and some diarrhea from 100g PS a day, which no doubt is quite a hefty dose. Could be something else too, but taking a break for now and reassessing the situation after a while.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals