OP
Twohandsondeck
"... And it turns out that that was actually the solution. That if you drink NOTHING BUT milk, then it's a completely different digestive effect than drinking it when there are still other foods in your body."

So it seems this is not important in establishing the right gut bugs? Feeding just with milk because later on you say use resistant starch and eat two meals in addition to the milk?

The Facebook post was simplified in order to keep the focus on the story of how God has worked in my life.

The milch regimen is posted here which discusses all of the fine details of using milk to feed the colon:

"When A Turk's Bowels Move Less Than Three Times A Day, He Consults A Physician."

Within that post, raw starch is also mentioned to be able to be similarly used to lactose in order to achieve similar effect of feeding the colon. It wasn't until recently - 2-3 months after doing the milch regimen for weeks - that someone suggested adding raw potato starch into the diet as a means of increasing the amount of slow-digesting sugar that reaches the colon. By this point I have been able to eat things like spinach, bread, and fruit preserves without too much of a setback compared to the state I was in 6 months ago... As far as I can tell, I received the most benefit I could from the milch regimen and now I can eat regular meals with lean meats and leafy vegetables, so I have been with steady progress.

I still drink quite a bit of milk from day to day, so it wasn't anything crazy to add in a few tablespoons of potato starch to the usual allotment and it just happened to have an incredible effect on my overall health as I've mentioned in this thread to the point that the coloration of my face was normal upon waking. This is the first time I can remember that being the case in probably 7 years. It's a very big deal.

The facebook anecdote has me confused. Did you or didn't you drink ONLY milk and have the psoriasis abate? When did you add the RS? If those photo dates are correct how do you even know the skin condition is more generally cured? We are talking Oct 13 for the first picture correct?

Yeah, October 13 was where I was after weeks on the milch regimen and then adding in 8 ounces of spinach, some steak, 500-1,000mg of vitamin C as acerola cherry powder, and a half-dose of a whole food multivitamin daily. I think I answered the other parts of this in the first section.

Sorry if I sound negative, not my intent but please just let us know what you did and when you did it so people can decide if they want to go back to something they maybe tried in their bad ole low carb days, which would be me.

If someone has been low carb for a long time, I'm of the opinion that they need to fruit fast until their insulin sensitivity comes back to normal. The likelihood of dysbiosis also increases when bacteria are generally starved as they would be if a person is eating less than 40g of carbs a day. Just all of a sudden drinking a bunch of milk would be a disaster for the ex low-carber.

BTW, I suffer in the exact same way as you. Facial psoriasis if I drink milk which I truly love drinking and makes me feel great until things like bad bugs - given a new lease on life cause problems. I can eat cheese and that's what I do about 3 or 4 ounces a day but it doesn't feel like a food I thrive on. It gives me no problems though so I eat it for the calories and the calcium. Thanks.

Parmigiano-Reggiano was a primary food for me for a short time. I understand where you're coming from here.

All I can really say for sure is that my tongue wasn't completely clear and my bowel movements didn't lose their foul odor until I had done two doses separated by about 50 days from each other of 1 teaspoon of 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine + 1/4cup of castor oil taken together. After this time I was qualified to begin the milch regimen which is mostly milk fasting but there are many details that go along with it that it's not as easy as just buying gallons of milk and living on them as hunger hits.

Bart1

Interesting experiment.
I cured my psoriasis/seb. dermatitis by eliminating starch, nightshade, and lectins, while keeping in the milk. With meat, fruit, and milk my digestion and transit time is very good.
It's interesting how people's digestion respond differently to different treatments. Some people cure their gut issues with carnivore and others on a fruitarian diet, however, both those are not sustainable IMO. A starch free diet is much more sustainable in my experience.
If I were to introduce a lot of fiber, especially from raw tubers/grains/starches, my digestion would go downhill pretty fast as they are much more gut-irritating for me.

Isn't avoiding starch for gut problems the same as avoiding sugar with diabetes ? It isn't the starch which is the problem, it's the gut flora. So one should work on the gut to be able to properly digest starch. Just a theory, what do you think ?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Isn't avoiding starch for gut problems the same as avoiding sugar with diabetes ? It isn't the starch which is the problem, it's the gut flora. So one should work on the gut to be able to properly digest starch. Just a theory, what do you think ?
Agreed. I didn't have any food sensitivities when I was younger but developed them during a stressful period of my life. I seem to be more sensitive to lectins>nightshade>starches=some types of fiber.
Since reducing inflammatory by cutting out the starches/lectins/nightshade, my inflammation has gone down a lot and now I occasionally eat starches with no issues at all. So with time (with a good diet, low inflammation and low stress), my food sensitivities should go away and I should be able to do just fine on all food. However, I'm totally fine without starch and actually have better energy, mood, fat loss, etc., most likely due to lower inflammation.
So am I going to have starches back in my diet? Occasionally yes, but I don't feel I'm missing anything without starches. So even if I have no food sensitivities at all, I'd still not have them as a major or regular part of my diet.

Ableton

tried milk+raw starch yesterday alongside normal food intake. bad results: gas, first little acne breakouts, coated tongue
basically what I usually have from milk consumption

so now I'm sitting on some milk and decided to try milk only as a diet, no solid food, and it seems to be going a lot better from what I can tell, although I'm only like 10 hours into the diet (probably had like 1,5 Liters of milk). Gut is stabilizing, tongue still coated though, but quite minimal

maybe periodical milk diets could be something for me, lets see. gonna do 2 days only though, I'm too active for this

Bart1

Agreed. I didn't have any food sensitivities when I was younger but developed them during a stressful period of my life. I seem to be more sensitive to lectins>nightshade>starches=some types of fiber.
Since reducing inflammatory by cutting out the starches/lectins/nightshade, my inflammation has gone down a lot and now I occasionally eat starches with no issues at all. So with time (with a good diet, low inflammation and low stress), my food sensitivities should go away and I should be able to do just fine on all food. However, I'm totally fine without starch and actually have better energy, mood, fat loss, etc., most likely due to lower inflammation.
So am I going to have starches back in my diet? Occasionally yes, but I don't feel I'm missing anything without starches. So even if I have no food sensitivities at all, I'd still not have them as a major or regular part of my diet.
Yes I agree, if it works for you and you don’t crave starch and you get all your nutrients why bother. Thanks for the reply!

Michael Mohn

If you cook starch and you let it cool down, some resistant starch will form. I don't see how eating raw starch provides a benefit to cooked starch as the later will have some resistant starch too. I remember when I was young that cooled down potatoes gave me no digestive problems contrary to freshly cooked potatoes. I wonder how fibre from potatoes or oligosacchrides in milk are digested by aerobic or anaerobic bacteria?

Vinny

tried milk+raw starch yesterday alongside normal food intake. bad results: gas, first little acne breakouts, coated tongue
basically what I usually have from milk consumption

so now I'm sitting on some milk and decided to try milk only as a diet, no solid food, and it seems to be going a lot better from what I can tell, although I'm only like 10 hours into the diet (probably had like 1,5 Liters of milk). Gut is stabilizing, tongue still coated though, but quite minimal

maybe periodical milk diets could be something for me, lets see. gonna do 2 days only though, I'm too active for this
Thanks for posting

GelatinGoblin

This is a cross-post that was originally written for the laypeople on the Facebook platform.

It's put here in the defense of raw starch and an assertion that if you can't drink milk, there's likely something very wrong with your digestive tract and it should call into question whether or not there even is such a thing as "lactose intolerance."
Cutting milk from my diet was the first cause-and-effect health choice I ever made at the age of 17 because I correlated it to causing acne. As my condition worsened, I became increasingly sensitive to milk after more and more low-carb diet, drug, and enema experiences.

Every time I touched the stuff it would wreck me with bloating, brain fog, joint pain, skin flares, itching.

For 2 years I told people that I would happily trade the ability to eat all other foods if I could just regain the ability to drink milk and live on that alone.

Fast forward ten years and, though I had made substantial progress with fruit, herbs, castor oil, and turpentine... I was clearly still missing something. I was still in the darkness albeit I had a small flashlight.

Some 1 or 2 months after coming to Christ, there had finally come a day in which I truly believed that I had walked in the Holy Spirit from sun-up to sun-down and delivered all of the word(s) that I could have.

I fell asleep only for a few hours and began hour #1,508 of 'health research' back on the usual grind, this time gathering what information I could about stomach acid.

And within an hour, I came across (by the gift of God) an extensive article detailing how lactose (milk sugar) and raw starch are the only two kinds of sugars which can make it all the way to the end of the digestive tract whereby the bacteria of the colon can be fed.

Every other kind of sugar - honey, fruit, processed, etc - is absorbed quickly in the upper intestine.

There are a number of details and pre-requisites that accompany this experiment, but the basic idea is to essentially drink nothing but milk so that the starving bacteria at the end of the tube can be fed. Raw starch isolates can also be used for this purpose. It's dubbed "the milch regimen," and was practiced around the year 1920.

And so...

This was the last piece of the puzzle: feed the bacteria at the end so that the ones at the beginning will work properly again.

The pre-requisites to this were only that a person fasts on fruit until their tongue is clean and their bowel movements no longer have a putrid odor. I checked both of these boxes and dove in with nothing to lose, drinking only milk, really expecting to cripple myself... But within a few hours I knew that this was the answer.

I stayed up overnight drinking a cup of milk every 30 minutes until going into the grocery store early in the morning to pick up 2 more gallons.

I was too excited for words, so I abruptly dropped these fresh discoveries on the cashier:

I said, "I've spent the last ten years avoiding milk and telling people that if I could trade the ability to eat all other foods just to be able to live on milk, I would... And it turns out that that was actually the solution. That if you drink NOTHING BUT milk, then it's a completely different digestive effect than drinking it when there are still other foods in your body.

Then I spewed out another 30 seconds explaining why milk is inflammatory to a lot of people using scientific vernacular--

And him, being probably 19 or 20 - had a moment of insecurity as I would call it - and he condescendingly said these words with all slowness and annunciation of speech:

"You know what I heard?
That dairy... Causes acne."

And as if God were emphasizing the punchline right before my very eyes, right after he said this, one of his co-workers came fluttering over and she asked him, "I didn't hear that, what did you just say?"

And his eyes squinted low as if he were annoyed but he repeated the words again, even more pointedly but just as slowly,

"You know what I heard?
That dairy... Causes acne."
Proverbs 4:20-22

[20] My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
[21] Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
[22] For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

View attachment 19869 View attachment 19870 View attachment 19871 View attachment 19872 View attachment 19873 View attachment 19874 View attachment 19875

I'm proud of you.

Meathead

Went to the grocery store and just bought some and tried a tablespoon full. I’ll report back on any changes!

Inaut

I’ve taken two tablespoons daily and no digestive issues. I do notice increased body temp about an hour after ingestion each time

Inaut

Given that raw starch isnt food that is weird no?

I think it may have something to do with the increase in butyrate and its effect on thyroid hormone. Maybe I’m talking turkey...? Google says it takes approximately 60 min to digest starch. Resistant starch may travel quickly to the colon. I did a tablespoon again about an hour ago and I’m toasty.

Ableton

I think it may have something to do with the increase in butyrate and its effect on thyroid hormone. Maybe I’m talking turkey...? Google says it takes approximately 60 min to digest starch. Resistant starch may travel quickly to the colon. I did a tablespoon again about an hour ago and I’m toasty.
I mean I had the same but I attributed it to reincluding milk.
I will avoid milk again after I finished it and try starch alone to see what happens

Amazoniac

- The Intestinal Epithelium: Central Coordinator of Mucosal Immunity

"[..]butyrate influences the balance between intestinal pro- and anti-inflammatory mechanisms, and when this chemical communication between host and microbiota is perturbed, such as with antibiotics, this impacts on gut homeostasis. A recent report by Byndloss demonstrated that treatment with the antibiotic streptomycin depletes various commensal bacterial members, including those that produce butyrate [32]. This in turn suppresses PPAR-g signaling within IECs, reduces the intestinal Treg pool, and consequently elevates the inflammatory tone of the tissue [32,39]. As a result of lower butyrate levels, colonocyte metabolism shifts from b-oxidation to anaerobic glycolysis, which in turn elevates the pool of available nitrates and oxygen in the lumen (Figure 2C) [32]."

"Facultative anaerobes such as the Enterobacteriaceae can therefore take advantage of this newly opened niche, while obligate anaerobes such as Clostridia and Bacteroidia perish because they do not encode the machinery required for survival in the presence of oxygen-derived free radicals [40]. While these dysbiotic changes appear to mirror patients with active IBD, recent findings demonstrate that some bacterial pathogens can also elicit a proinflammatory environment to successfully overcome colonization resistance within the mammalian GI tract."​

I don't think that lack of constipation is a prerequisite for floury starches to be beneficial since they can improve it, but the improvement is a requisite for them to not turn problematic.

This seems curious:
- Milk Tongue
Adhesion of Vibrio cholerae to Granular Starches

TheSir

As a result of lower butyrate levels, colonocyte metabolism shifts from b-oxidation to anaerobic glycolysis, which in turn elevates the pool of available nitrates and oxygen in the lumen (Figure 2C)
Do I understand this correctly: when butyrate levels drop, the colon stops turning butyrate and other fatty acids into energy, and starts turning glucose into lactate, which can be used as an alternative, though undesirable, form of energy?

Amazoniac

Do I understand this correctly: when butyrate levels drop, the colon stops turning butyrate and other fatty acids into energy, and starts turning glucose into lactate, which can be used as an alternative, though undesirable, form of energy?
If I'm not wrong, lactate occurs normally at the base of the intestine where there's creation of new cells that later migrate upwards. The content of butyrate is greater next to where it's generated, closer to the tips of the surface. For being the preferred fuel, it allows oxygen to be consumed and this regulates the environment of the intestine. When fuel isn't available, oxygen won't be utilized as it should and only the proliferative metabolism remains.

Last edited: