Pruritis ani - intense anal itching

mayku-T-meelo

I had this thing a year ago, happened every time I loaded up on potatoes or starch, sometimes I even woke up at night with an itch. Since I stopped indulging in potatoes that much, the problem solved on its own. I was wondering if I developed a nightshade allergy, because I recently observed I am sometimes sensitive to both tomatoes and peppers. Which I wasn't before too much or I haven't noticed it. But for itchiness I blamed the starch from the potatoes.

So in my case, I suspect the explanation was simply irritated bowels, because I was really having too much potatoes for a long time, every day, as a staple. I remember also that I experienced this kind of itching shortly after completely switching my diet around, when I also stopped smoking 5 years ago, which at the time made sense to me, but it went away after a while and I haven't been worrying about it.

I also remember reading that hemorrhoids are an effect of irritated intestines and I think I did had some minor bulging veins near my anus 1 year ago, they weren't huge, but I thought about it. Serotonin is also involved in any itching, so it all correlates somehow, probably manifests differently according to a person.

I was babysitting a staffordshire terrier about 3 years ago and I was feeding her every day, once a day, a big bowl of rice or pasta mixed with meat from a can (that was the instruction that I got). I do remember that a few times she was scratching her butt against the ground, you probably know what I'm talking about - when a dog sits with the bottom down, lifts up hind legs and pulls himself around with front paws, so that he wipes his butt. I've had seen it before with other dogs, so when I saw it, I didn't make much of it. In retrospect it could've been just the starch irritating her. It could be starch plus the fact that her owner was taken abruptly to psychiatric institution and I was already a second person taking care of her. She (the dog) was probably agitated a bit, even though she didn't show it at all from the start to finish, she was really energetic, kind, sweet and fun to be around. But at the time I also thought about parasites. In those two weeks that she stayed with me, she always wanted to snuggle in bed or on the couch, I couldn't throw her out, so I gave in at the very beginning of her stay. Last two or three days I developed an itch on my arm and it got me thinking it had to be scabies from the dog or that the dog provoked dust mites from my bed or something similar, so I went to my doctor to check it. He sent me away to a dermatologist, which just closed down for the weekend, so I turned around at his door. I think next day I returned the dog to the first person and after that the itch went away on its own, so I never made it to the doctor. This itch wasn't much to begin with, just thought I'd share this part also.

What I'm wondering is - is it possible that a person has any dangerous parasites in the intestines without knowing about it? I mean without any obvious signs such as itching, aches, pain or wasting? It's a kind of scary thing to imagine and I know too little about it, does anyone else have something to share? I guess in a way gut bacteria could be considered (with a bit of a stretch) as some sort of a helpful parasite, but what do you think about other microorganisms and bigger animals?

OccamzRazer

You might consider colonic hydrotherapy.

If that reveals the presence of parasites, you could try something like Humaworm.

Birdie

b6 and proper hydration has kept my dermatitis down everywhere, i had beard itch and butt hole itch, both cured. sleep has improved as well :D
That's good news. Thanks for reporting back.

PeatBull

b6 and proper hydration has kept my dermatitis down everywhere, i had beard itch and butt hole itch, both cured. sleep has improved as well :D
Hey boys how are these asses goin? I’ve scratched the skin off mine, never stops itching.
I have problem with the beard too. Someone here said it stopped with vit d, but not worked for me.
Have to try b6. Do you get the simptoms back or you cured?

joaquin

I had this problem for approximately 9 months or so. I noticed that it went after I had "covid" --can't say for sure what helped but if I had to guess it would be the homemade grapefruit peel concoction that I was consuming.

PeatBull

Tell me more about that grapefruit staff, i have a lot of grapefruits in here.
I had this problem for approximately 9 months or so. I noticed that it went after I had "covid" --can't say for sure what helped but if I had to guess it would be the homemade grapefruit peel concoction that I was consuming.

joaquin

Tell me more about that grapefruit staff, i have a lot of grapefruits in here.
Peel two or three grapefruit. Boil peels with water covering with lid for two plus hours. Drain the water into a glass jar and store in fridge. Drink a little each day for a few days. It is homemade quinine.

LadyRae

Hey boys how are these asses goin? I’ve scratched the skin off mine, never stops itching.
I have problem with the beard too. Someone here said it stopped with vit d, but not worked for me.
Pinworms? They come out at night... I'd try a tube of Ivermectin (1.87%) paste divided up over 5 days. 1 full tube treats a 1,250 lb horse...

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

So ive finally figured it out a few months ago, the b6 helped with the healing but the itching persisted. I think that its caused by ammonia in the feces, and from low quality stools that require aggressive wiping. A bidet helps, but what really solved it was including various foods that are gut protective against high protein diets. The skin needs a certain pH that varies all over the body, but is mostly acidic. Ammonia and putritative guts have a high pH that is caustic to the skin. In the shower, ALL i use is apple cider vinegar.

LadyRae

So ive finally figured it out a few months ago, the b6 helped with the healing but the itching persisted. I think that its caused by ammonia in the feces, and from low quality stools that require aggressive wiping. A bidet helps, but what really solved it was including various foods that are gut protective against high protein diets. The skin needs a certain pH that varies all over the body, but is mostly acidic. Ammonia and putritative guts have a high pH that is caustic to the skin. In the shower, ALL i use is apple cider vinegar.
Hey, great news! Stools with a lot of bile can be irritating as well. It all comes down to digestion and gut, huh?

joaquin

Pinworms? They come out at night... I'd try a tube of Ivermectin (1.87%) paste divided up over 5 days. 1 full tube treats a 1,250 lb horse...
Have you been able to do a rough calculation on dose? For me, a pill is easy to split so I have no concern about the ivermectin tablets that are 12 mg. But for this paste, what would say 1/4 teaspoon amount to?

PeatBull

Don’t think so, no signs of worms. But antiworm approach with herb helps temporarely tho. Antibiotics too. So must but endotoxin or gut problem related.

PeatBull

Looks like its working, but too soon to tell for sure. Do you boil the white “meat” from grapefruits too, or just the first layer of peel?
The taste its quite bitter, I guess it’s the quinine. By the way, we have a licor here that use to have a lot of quinine from the quine tree, but now its more sugar and less bitter. Could be good idea to mix the grapefruit broth with that liquor?
And one last thing, mighty stranger from the internet, I have actual grapefruit tree in my garden, could be something more usuefull for that tincture like leafs or something?

Peel two or three grapefruit. Boil peels with water covering with lid for two plus hours. Drain the water into a glass jar and store in fridge. Drink a little each day for a few days. It is homemade quinine.

joaquin

Looks like its working, but too soon to tell for sure. Do you boil the white “meat” from grapefruits too, or just the first layer of peel?
The taste its quite bitter, I guess it’s the quinine. By the way, we have a licor here that use to have a lot of quinine from the quine tree, but now its more sugar and less bitter. Could be good idea to mix the grapefruit broth with that liquor?
And one last thing, mighty stranger from the internet, I have actual grapefruit tree in my garden, could be something more usuefull for that tincture like leafs or something?
I do boil the white part along with the peels.
I don't drink alcohol so I can't recommend mixing it.

Apple

I do boil the white part along with the peels.
I don't drink alcohol so I can't recommend mixing it.
Do you care about the source of your grapefruit ? I know all store bought citrus here are covered with pesticides, imposible to wash out

joaquin

Do you care about the source of your grapefruit ? I know all store bought citrus here are covered with pesticides, imposible to wash out
I am almost fanatical when it comes to avoiding pesticides. However, when I can't get organic grapefruit, I will buy the conventional because its something that I consume just once every two or three months.

PeatBull

Drank a liter of this, didn’t do much for my problem. Now im trying with small doses of cascara sagrada. Lets see.

PeatBull

Anyone figured this out? Can manage to get some relieve, but not to cure the itch.