Pruritis ani - intense anal itching

Cloudhands

hi all!
ive had intense anal itching that ive kind of just coped with for the past 3 years. im unsure what the cause is though. it coincided with me becoming a landscaper (being in dirt often), begining to ride a bicycle often (much pressure and sweat to the anus) and starting to read and eat in a 'peaty' way (lots of milk, oj, coffee, sugar, liver, shellfish etc).
well i no longer do any 3 of these things, i no longer consume dairy or coffee, no longer eat fruit or sugar, i still eat oysters though, and i no longer bike ride or landscape.
the problem still persists. i was wondering if anyone on here has any specific insight toward my embarrassing issue or has cured it themselves.
TIA <3

Ben.

Is it happening all day or just at night?

Have you considered parasites? I assume you have but the "playing in dirt" kinda makes this the first thing i would think off.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Is it happening all day or just at night?

Have you considered parasites? I assume you have but the "playing in dirt" kinda makes this the first thing i would think off.
all day and night, sometimes its intensified at night but im unsure if its just because im laying in darkness and my mind has nowhere else to go. what would u do to check if its a parasite/treat it if it is?

L_C

all day and night, sometimes its intensified at night but im unsure if its just because im laying in darkness and my mind has nowhere else to go. what would u do to check if its a parasite/treat it if it is?
Anti parasite treatment - clove & black walnut & wormwood...or even ivermectin

Ben.

I am no friend of any doctors, but this symptom is one where they usually readily give you a test where you will need to put tape on your butthole and the area around it overnight.

That way the eggs will be placed on the tape when these ****ers come out at night and this will be seen on a microscopy check.

Anti parasite treatment - clove & black walnut & wormwood...or even ivermectin

If you are wild you can try these and if you feel better it would be kinda sorta obvious but ... if its not parasites these remedies might just mess with your healthy gut biome and ruin digestion.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

I am no friend of any doctors, but this symptom is one where they usually readily give you a test where you will need to put tape on your butthole and the area around it overnight.

That way the eggs will be placed on the tape when these ****ers come out at night and this will be seen on a microscopy check.

If you are wild you can try these and if you feel better it would be kinda sorta obvious but ... if its not parasites these remedies might just mess with your healthy gut biome and ruin digestion.
i read about this earlier in other parts of the forum. i want to see a few more alternative theories before i go to the doctor, but i will if all else fails

Ben.

i read about this earlier in other parts of the forum. i want to see a few more alternative theories before i go to the doctor, but i will if all else fails

Good plan. It might not be parasites. And even if, there is research out there that shows that some of them are beneficial too ... so ... nuking everything might not be the solution either.

Now it might sound like a wierd idea but honey seems to help in woundhealing and bone regeneration as a antimicrobial and w/e else it provides.
Garlic with its alicin might work too (cut it or press it and let it sit for 15-30 mins so the enzymes generate enough allicin - ideally unradiated garlic (check inside of clove for a green part that shows its alive/able to sprout)).

Applying one of these or in combination to the skin overnight for a week would be a very low risk "treatment" you could try with a bandage or something. I've read off garlic baths too for certain skin conditions but i am unsure of its efficacy (not to hot because allicin is kinda unstable – 6-8 cloves that have been cut/pressed and sat for 15-30 mins put into the bath).

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Good plan. It might not be parasites. And even if, there is research out there that shows that some of them are beneficial too ... so ... nuking everything might not be the solution either.

Now it might sound like a wierd idea but honey seems to help in woundhealing and bone regeneration as a antimicrobial and w/e else it provides.
Garlic with its alicin might work too (cut it or press it and let it sit for 15-30 mins so the enzymes generate enough allicin - ideally unradiated garlic (check inside of clove for a green part that shows its alive/able to sprout)).

Applying one of these or in combination to the skin overnight for a week would be a very low risk "treatment" you could try with a bandage or something. I've read off garlic baths too for certain skin conditions but i am unsure of its efficacy (not to hot because allicin is kinda unstable – 6-8 cloves that have been cut/pressed and sat for 15-30 mins put into the bath).
ill put that one in the back pocket as well, im hesitant to put anything sticky on my booty hole before going to bed, but if all else fails then that option will superset going to the doctors lol

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

appreciate all of ur insight, did u deal with this as well?

Ben.

appreciate all of ur insight, did u deal with this as well?

I had these symptoms for weeks/months (not years like you) but im a systemic walking mess, there is almost no symptom i didn't have the past 2-3 years, i am happy that i can function well enough to go to work.

It resolved on its own but i have trowhnn many different herbs and meds that kill parasites to treat all kind of symptoms so maybe it was one of them that did the trick altough i cannot recall any correlation. Rarely it flairs up for a night but sometimes it can be simply a fungal issue due to sweat.

How is your digestion and health in general?

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

I had these symptoms for weeks/months (not years like you) but im a systemic walking mess, there is almost no symptom i didn't have the past 2-3 years, i am happy that i can function well enough to go to work.

It resolved on its own but i have trowhnn many different herbs and meds that kill parasites to treat all kind of symptoms so maybe it was one of them that did the trick altough i cannot recall any correlation. Rarely it flairs up for a night but sometimes it can be simply a fungal issue due to sweat.

How is your digestion and health in general?
not bad, i think mine may be sweat related as well. sometimes i wonder if efa deficiency can play into fungus like malessezia

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
Ivermectin seemed to restore my gut biome rather than kill it off. Just an FYI.

CiggyTardust

Sounds like it could be parasites. I've been looking into this and found Zahler Paraguard--an herbal formula that can be used to help the body expel parasites. I generally think it's best to leave things alone when it comes to digestion but this kind of herbal formula was used with great effect by the Amish for a long time and if you suffer from food sensitivities or indigestion like I do, it's probably a good idea to give it a shot. I generally try to steer clear of doctors whenever possible so I figure an herbal parasite cleanse may be a good approach rather than dealing with doctors and prescriptions.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

update: ive had pruritus ani (itchy azz hole) for around 3, almost 4, years now, and have maybe solved it. after some bouts with insomnia the past few months i took some vitamin B6 last night and had no itch, this morning the dry skin and my facial sebborrheic dermatitis was greatly reduced, and i slept much better as well. gonna try another 15mg today and then update

Jing

I get this sometimes when i do I apply fucidin cream seems to cleat it up quick.

Ben.

Ivermectin seemed to restore my gut biome rather than kill it off. Just an FYI.
Sounds like it could be parasites. I've been looking into this and found Zahler Paraguard--an herbal formula that can be used to help the body expel parasites. I generally think it's best to leave things alone when it comes to digestion but this kind of herbal formula was used with great effect by the Amish for a long time and if you suffer from food sensitivities or indigestion like I do, it's probably a good idea to give it a shot. I generally try to steer clear of doctors whenever possible so I figure an herbal parasite cleanse may be a good approach rather than dealing with doctors and prescriptions.

Ofcourse these can help immensely.

But just the same with antibiotics or probiotics, these can realy mess up a person. Hit or miss. Worth trying tho if health issues are to severe.

update: ive had pruritus ani (itchy azz hole) for around 3, almost 4, years now, and have maybe solved it. after some bouts with insomnia the past few months i took some vitamin B6 last night and had no itch, this morning the dry skin and my facial sebborrheic dermatitis was greatly reduced, and i slept much better as well. gonna try another 15mg today and then update

Thats cool. Hope this will take care of it. Looking forward to the updates.

CiggyTardust

Ofcourse these can help immensely.

But just the same with antibiotics or probiotics, these can realy mess up a person. Hit or miss. Worth trying tho if health issues are to severe.

I searched through 10,000+ reviews for Paraguard on Amazon to see what adverse effects or side effects were reported. I couldn't really find much to speak of beyond some fatigue or urgent trips to the bathroom here and there. What I did find was hundreds of glowing reviews about how expelling the worms improved their health tremendously. I generally agree with your philosophy here but everything I read about antiparisitic herb cleanses is pretty positive. Their action seems pretty gentle on the body.

Lurker

Consider evaluating the supplements you’re taking as a possible cause. I had hemorrhoids/itch for a while that turned out to be from magnesium glycinate pills I was taking. 100% relief after I stopped and started back when I took again. I was lucky to notice the difference.

OP
Cloudhands

Cloudhands

Consider evaluating the supplements you’re taking as a possible cause. I had hemorrhoids/itch for a while that turned out to be from magnesium glycinate pills I was taking. 100% relief after I stopped and started back when I took again. I was lucky to notice the difference.
b6 and proper hydration has kept my dermatitis down everywhere, i had beard itch and butt hole itch, both cured. sleep has improved as well :D

Soybean

I had anal itch too, but mine was completely caused by pooing too often (i hope due to coffee and peating but who knows), and then wiping everytime. this just irritated the skin and made it itch.

i bought a handheld bidet thing from aliexpress, now instead of wiping i spray my **** w water. then i just have to dry it off w 1 piece of paper. feels more hygienic too.

maybe you can try it with a normal water bottle

in indonesia its actually very common to do this, it is called botol chebok. and many places use bidets instead of paper.

possibly in some warmer or more tropical places they have faster metabolism or more spicy food and bc of that higher pooping frequency, in which case its more comfortable to use water. maybe its a stretch, but who knows.

this cured it completely for me btw. bit of a hassle but worth it

maybe it helps if your situation is similar

good luck! the itch sucks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals