Prozac + PMDD

braincurious

Hey there. So my OBGYN prescribed me Prozac to take during the luteal phase for extreme depressive and anxiety symptoms that occur only before my period and immediately vanish once I start my cycle.

I am 4 days in on just 2.5mg per day and feel horrible. It definitely muted the overthinking and reactiveness, but I am still anxious. Actually, I would call it irritability.

It helps in some important ways like calming the obsessive voice in my head but obviously my body is having an overall bad reaction. However, the voice in my head says you need to let it run its course. That's what doctors advise - that it takes weeks.

My questions are:

1. How would this help something hormonal? Even Katharina Dalton advises SSRI's as a form of treatment. My guess is that there is some effect on progesterone?

2. If I do decide to stop - how do I get rid of these nasty symptoms of over-activation (impaired sleep, panic, anxiety)

I so desperately want to have the rumination lessened, as the meds do, but without these feelings and part of me feels like I should just stick it out. But I also hate the idea of taking these things, even if its only 10 days per month at such a tiny dosage.

Would really appreciate any input! thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals