Proteins: If You Had To Choose

Would you rather eat a diet primarily full of muscle meats but hitting the 70-100g protein recommendation or one of small amounts of dairy and shellfish but really missing the mark each day (say 40g)?

There are a lot of vegetarians in the office where I work and I must admit that they look very young, glowing and healthy and tend to have a really positive outlook on life and sharp minds.

What would be better? I want to move away from muscle meats but I really struggle to hit high enough protein numbers and, to be honest, I don't feel amazing eating copious amounts of cheese and milk each day.

Interested in hearing from others.

raypeatclips

fnQ85pL.jpg

Peater

If I had to choose between those exact scenarios - the second. More nutrients, less tryptophan.

Not saying I'm right, just personal opinion

OP
C
What's wrong with some muscle meat, some eggs, some dairy, and getting over 100G (or even more?) Both of your "options" sound bad to be honest.
Do you not think hitting that amount of protein each day would contribute towards ageing quite quickly? I'm not saying it would but 100g is a lot.

And yes both options sound bad but that's the topic... if.you had to choose and why.

raypeatclips

Do you not think hitting that amount of protein each day would contribute towards ageing quite quickly? I'm not saying it would but 100g is a lot.

Nope. I wouldn't get it from just muscle meat though with that being said. How tall are you, weight, age?

Try go lower protein for a while though, to decide for yourself. In my experience, I feel drastically better at 120g protein compared to say, 60g.

Wolf

Tyrosine before heavy muscle meats.
Enough fiber to excrete estrogens in stool.

Taotatoes

The later for sure. Meat gets stuck between my teeth, makes my digestion sluggish, requires more time to prepare and costs a lot more.

Tenacity

I think I'd rather eat the meat and find the extra calcium and nutrients elsewhere, just from a nutritional perspective. Pragmatically and economically, milk is better. That said, I think a mixed protein diet is best. Even Peat has advised people to eat meat 'fairly regularly' in one of his interviews.

There's little reason not to get enough protein from milk, also, if you're going to include it anyway (assuming you're not allergic).

lvysaur

I think dairy is a poor source of protein unless it's A2. I've noticed this when switching. Zebu cattle breeds or Guernsey are automatically A2 secretors.

Meat is pretty easy to digest if it's not red. Eggs < fish < chicken < pork < beef in order of increasing difficulty of digestion. You definitely shouldn't eat beef for every meal, but fish and chicken every day seems doable.

tara

I pick meat over dairy because I don't do well on dairy.

But I see no reason to be restricted into those two options.

Even without dairy, if it doesn't make you feel good, what about getting protein from a varied combination of seafood, organs and gelatinous cuts from ruminants, eggs, potatoes and other roots, fruits, leaves, jellies, ...?