Protein synthesis/ muscle loss / rna dna mitochondrial damage

Lana

years ago I took metronidazole and nearly lost my life . I’m in the toxicity group where i learned to acquire thiamin and address the deficiencies it causes . It is a protozoal drug and inhibits protein synthesis. Which has caused changes to our bodies structure as I and other women in the group have gone from toned to soft and blubbery . Does anyone have any idea how to address this ? Is it time that will just maybe possibly heal . Would keto work for this kind of damage ? What induces protein synthesis again to get the body back to shape

years ago I took metronidazole and nearly lost my life . I’m in the toxicity group where i learned to acquire thiamin and address the deficiencies it causes . It is a protozoal drug and inhibits protein synthesis. Which has caused changes to our bodies structure as I and other women in the group have gone from toned to soft and blubbery . Does anyone have any idea how to address this ? Is it time that will just maybe possibly heal . Would keto work for this kind of damage ? What induces protein synthesis again to get the body back to shape

Boy the side effects of metronidazole (Flagyl) antibiotic are a lot! It doesn’t list your “blubbery” situation, how long did it take to notice this side effect?

Phosphor

If you previously took a fluoroquinolone, taking flagyl can precipitate FQAD. It happened to me; 15 YEARS after cipro, ONE flagyl precipitated FQAD. I had extensive tendon/ligament damage, extreme pain, and lost so much muscle I looked almost skeletal.
There is extensive information out there about recovery from FQAD, which can manifest in many ways. It took me nearly two years but I have muscles again. I would suggest you look at FQAD recovery even if you can't remember ever taking a fluroquinolone, because it may be quite helpful.

OP
L

Lana

Boy the side effects of metronidazole (Flagyl) antibiotic are a lot! It doesn’t list your “blubbery” situation, how long did it take to notice this side effect?
I was more concerned with getting my walk right and my anxiety reduced but I knew it had attacked my whole being . My upper arms were frozen stiff tissue under skin and it felt so bad. I’m just realising it affects protein synthesis . Massage is helping and I’ve just bought some coq10 . I put kinesiology tape on some muscles on back and on on my torso and I’ve got weeping blisters . My skin would never be weak like that usually . I’m wondering if co2 will help me

I was more concerned with getting my walk right and my anxiety reduced but I knew it had attacked my whole being . My upper arms were frozen stiff tissue under skin and it felt so bad. I’m just realising it affects protein synthesis . Massage is helping and I’ve just bought some coq10 . I put kinesiology tape on some muscles on back and on on my torso and I’ve got weeping blisters . My skin would never be weak like that usually . I’m wondering if co2 will help me

You poor thing how awful! I posted some Ray Peat quotes this morning that might give you a lead. Here is one, I will look for the….

“Hypothyroidism has been identified as a factor in all of those. Good thyroid function is necessary for resistance to bacterial infection, for regulation of blood sugar, neurotransmitters, and hormones related to mood, and for the formation of progesterone. Progesterone regulates smooth muscle tone, including the walls of veins, so that a deficiency allows veins to enlarge. It also prevents overgrowth of fibrotic tissue, and in some contexts may inhibit angioneogenesis.” -Ray Peat

I know we aren’t talking about rosacea, but some of these topical applications seem worth a try….

“The sun-damaged areas in rosacea can be directly provided with some of the protective factors by applying them topically. In the same way that topical lactate can cause vasodilation and disturbed energy metabolism (Rendl, et al., 2001), topical niacinamide, progesterone, vitamin K, and coenzyme Q10 can improve the metabolism and function of the local tissues. Riboflavin can probably be useful when applied topically, but because of its extreme sensitivity to light, it should usually be used only internally, unless the treated skin is covered to prevent exposure to light. Topically applied caffeine, even after sun exposure, can reduce local tissue damage (Koo, et al., 2007). Aspirin and saturated fats can also be protective when applied topically.” -Ray Peat

OP
L

Lana

I know we aren’t talking about rosacea, but some of these topical applications seem worth a try….

“The sun-damaged areas in rosacea can be directly provided with some of the protective factors by applying them topically. In the same way that topical lactate can cause vasodilation and disturbed energy metabolism (Rendl, et al., 2001), topical niacinamide, progesterone, vitamin K, and coenzyme Q10 can improve the metabolism and function of the local tissues. Riboflavin can probably be useful when applied topically, but because of its extreme sensitivity to light, it should usually be used only internally, unless the treated skin is covered to prevent exposure to light. Topically applied caffeine, even after sun exposure, can reduce local tissue damage (Koo, et al., 2007). Aspirin and saturated fats can also be protective when applied topically.” -Ray Peat
Thank you 🙏

I wonder if you might know anything about what happened me today . I put kinesiology tape on my shoulders to relieve nerve pain and muscle tension . When I peeled off the tape later there was huge weeping blisters . The tape is hypoallergenic and just cotton but The blisters seeped a stingy liquid and calmed down again . I dabbed some Bernadine on them . This is the fluid that is in my breasts too I would think and probably all over me . It’s very acidic. It may be the left over toxicity from the antibiotic damage

OP
L

Lana

Thank you 🙏

I wonder if you might know anything about what happened me today . I put kinesiology tape on my shoulders to relieve nerve pain and muscle tension . When I peeled off the tape later there was huge weeping blisters . The tape is hypoallergenic and just cotton but The blisters seeped a stingy liquid and calmed down again . I dabbed some Bernadine on them . This is the fluid that is in my breasts too I would think and probably all over me . It’s very acidic. It may be the left over toxicity from the antibiotic damage
Betadine I meant 🙏

Thank you 🙏

It seems common. Here is some of what I found….

Attachments

• 7FEED1B2-470F-4555-B6F4-4F8FF177CC04.jpeg
    7FEED1B2-470F-4555-B6F4-4F8FF177CC04.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 4