Protein sources if milk not tolerated and histamine issues ?

Motif

Much milk is not for me. Whey , rice protein are hell.
what would be protein rich food sourced that I could try ?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I had a full blown histamine problem few years ago and scared myself into limiting what foods I eat... long story short, just avoiding the super high histamine foods like fermented cheese and cured meats while supporting my system as a whole and taking thyroid, getting outside, and socializing, helped me get over it.

I ate and still eat for protein:

1) Ground beef (often with coffee, cream, sugar, and collagen).
2) Hydrolyzed collagen
3) Fage 2% greek yogurt
4) Cabbott low fat cheese
5) Oysters and seafood (the never exacerbated my histamine issues)

Good luck

rei

ruminant meat is all protein you ever need. Ground beef is surprisingly the cheapest yet also most healthy version sold compared to luxurious cuts with less collagen and fat.

rei

yes, it has the parts that are cut out from all other parts sold as solid beef.

OP
M

Motif

I had a full blown histamine problem few years ago and scared myself into limiting what foods I eat... long story short, just avoiding the super high histamine foods like fermented cheese and cured meats while supporting my system as a whole and taking thyroid, getting outside, and socializing, helped me get over it.

I ate and still eat for protein:

1) Ground beef (often with coffee, cream, sugar, and collagen).
2) Hydrolyzed collagen
3) Fage 2% greek yogurt
4) Cabbott low fat cheese
5) Oysters and seafood (the never exacerbated my histamine issues)

Good luck
You don’t have any histamine issues anymore ?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
You don’t have any histamine issues anymore ?
Pretty much, yeah.

Immediate relief came from anti-parasitic medicine and after that continued support helped with thyroid, vitamin D, etc...

Much milk is not for me. Whey , rice protein are hell.
what would be protein rich food sourced that I could try ?

I have histamine sensitivity and experience seasonal allergies. I happen to be alright with milk year round, but cheese and other fermented foods I have to be careful with around May/June.

Have you experimented with different types of white fish? The frozen packages are inexpensive, low in fat, and basically hunks of pure protein with varying amounts of minerals and vitamins. I've replaced nearly all my chicken and pork intake with white fish over the years.

Mozarella only I think
I eat Epic pork rind nachos many times a week. That particular brand has only 2.5 grams of fat and 11 grams of protein per serving. I use probly 22 grams worth and throw in a couple of ounces of cheese for a total of 35 grams of protein. Add in leftover taco meat or other protein topping and I am getting half my day's worth of protein in just that meal. I toss them in a little refined coconut to take care PUFA's and the pork rinds are a gelatin source. None of it has iron to worry about either. Do you eat meat or seafood?

Attachments

• 20210708_124153.jpg
    20210708_124153.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 21
"An easily available and inexpensive source of ketones (in the form of ketoacids, which can be converted to amino acids if they aren't needed for energy) is the juice extracted (with a centrifugal juicer) from raw potatoes, which also contains proteins and other nutrients. The juice can be scrambled like eggs, and is usually tolerated even by very debilitated people." -Ray Peat

konatowntom

"An easily available and inexpensive source of ketones (in the form of ketoacids, which can be converted to amino acids if they aren't needed for energy) is the juice extracted (with a centrifugal juicer) from raw potatoes, which also contains proteins and other nutrients. The juice can be scrambled like eggs, and is usually tolerated even by very debilitated people." -Ray Peat
I'm wondering if the potato juice has to extracted by a centrifugal juicer or will a worm gear juicer work as well?

I'm wondering if the potato juice has to extracted by a centrifugal juicer or will a worm gear juicer work as well?

I have had both juicers, and am liking the worm gear juicer better. It really separates the debri from the juice well. I keep meaning to do that potaoto scramble, so I will do it today and report back!

Hi konatowntom! I made the Ray Peat Potato Juice Scramble yesterday and put the instructions and pics on my "Easy Peaty Proteins" recipe thread on page 8.

L_C

Pretty much, yeah.

Immediate relief came from anti-parasitic medicine and after that continued support helped with thyroid, vitamin D, etc...
What anti-parasitic medicine did you take?