Protein kills hunger during the next day

Serge

I discovered that after eating about 300g of protein (a kilo of beef) in the afternoon, I can go without any desire to eat for the whole next day. Even if I walk a distance of 12km as I did this evening... Can it be because the aminoacids are still in the blood in high amounts, or is it something else? On carbs I'm hungry pretty much all the time...

2.25 pounds of meat is a lot for one sitting. Is that all you had, no balancing with gelatin or a sugar source?

Thinking more about your non-hunger, Serge, reminds me of "back in the day" when I would have Mexican food for brunch. I would not be hungry 24 hours later. It wasn't a bad feeling, and I wasn't necessarily full, but knowing now more about digestion, I now realize that my body needed a lot of time to separate through all those proteins, carbs and fats. Considering that protein takes the longest to digest, around 6 hours, and that 3 to 4 ounces is considered a serving, and you ate 10 servings, I think we can imagine why you wouldn't be hungry for awhile. It is how primitive cultures lived. They acquired a big game "kill", and with no refrigeration, they feasted and weren't hungry for awhile. I don't think that is optimal for digestion, but isn't anything worrisome either.

OP
Serge

Serge

2.25 pounds of meat is a lot for one sitting. Is that all you had, no balancing with gelatin or a sugar source?
Oh, no, 1kg of beef was just an example. I fact, I had like a little over 0.5 kilo of pressure cooked beef, 300-400g of cottage cheese with dried apricots and half a dozen of boiled eggs. So it's probably is closer to 250g of protein.

I don't think that is optimal for digestion, but isn't anything worrisome either.
Good to hear :) You see, I have blood sugar issues and I appreciate the view that carbs are not a problem, but no matter how I try going super low fat - high sugar, it isn't working. Even with niacineamide. High blood sugar, always ready to eat, weight not going away, mood not so great etc... So I though, to hell with this delicate biochemistry of which I understand nothing, I am 96kg, 186cm tall so I definitely have an excess of 10-15kg on me, and it's not muscles :) I have some belly fat, but not much at all. Probably it's that visceral fat that has a bad effect on metabolism. So, the most obvious approach would be to put the weight right then see what happens with sugar tolerance.

So I upped protein (a lot!), and if I eat well under 3000k in 2 days, weight loss must be triggered. In a recent interview to some young ladies, Peat, when asked about a woman who wanted to lose weight, said something like "well, first she needs to start eating less", which was like a surprise to me, doesn't sound quite peaty :)

At the moment I haven't being eating for 36 hours, and I am not hungry at all this morning. I feel great, slept well and have plenty of energy. I feel changes in my feet neuropathy, a different feeling... sugar sometimes, even half a spoon can make my feel cold... anyways, I see no negatives yet.

Maybe today I'll try to eat more carbs, but totally a lot of food in my evening sitting. Who knows, maybe it's not the protein, but just the amount of food that matters - like your Mexican food experience? :)

Never thought I can be cold to food for so long...

Oh, no, 1kg of beef was just an example. I fact, I had like a little over 0.5 kilo of pressure cooked beef, 300-400g of cottage cheese with dried apricots and half a dozen of boiled eggs. So it's probably is closer to 250g of protein.

Good to hear :) You see, I have blood sugar issues and I appreciate the view that carbs are not a problem, but no matter how I try going super low fat - high sugar, it isn't working. Even with niacineamide. High blood sugar, always ready to eat, weight not going away, mood not so great etc... So I though, to hell with this delicate biochemistry of which I understand nothing, I am 96kg, 186cm tall so I definitely have an excess of 10-15kg on me, and it's not muscles :) I have some belly fat, but not much at all. Probably it's that visceral fat that has a bad effect on metabolism. So, the most obvious approach would be to put the weight right then see what happens with sugar tolerance.

So I upped protein (a lot!), and if I eat well under 3000k in 2 days, weight loss must be triggered. In a recent interview to some young ladies, Peat, when asked about a woman who wanted to lose weight, said something like "well, first she needs to start eating less", which was like a surprise to me, doesn't sound quite peaty :)

At the moment I haven't being eating for 36 hours, and I am not hungry at all this morning. I feel great, slept well and have plenty of energy. I feel changes in my feet neuropathy, a different feeling... sugar sometimes, even half a spoon can make my feel cold... anyways, I see no negatives yet.

Maybe today I'll try to eat more carbs, but totally a lot of food in my evening sitting. Who knows, maybe it's not the protein, but just the amount of food that matters - like your Mexican food experience? :)

Hey if you feel good don't push it. I would ride thay wave! I don't micromange my diet. I just make sure I get enough protein, vitamin C and calcium and that is it. If you want take off weight, REALLY reduce your fat intake. That is what gets that extra fat gone for me!

OP
Serge

Serge

Hey if you feel good don't push it. I would ride thay wave! I don't micromange my diet. I just make sure I get enough protein, vitamin C and calcium and that is it. If you want take off weight, REALLY reduce your fat intake. That is what gets that extra fat gone for me!
Probably 1kg of lean beef is not such a bad adea :) especially during the weight loss stage... I just bought some maasdam cheese, eggs, and liver sausage... all pretty rich in fat. Thanks for the tip, next time I'll shop wiser...

Probably 1kg of lean beef is not such a bad adea :) especially during the weight loss stage... I just bought some maasdam cheese, eggs, and liver sausage... all pretty rich in fat. Thanks for the tip, next time I'll shop wiser...
I just make sure I pare fatty things with nonfat things, like liver with nonfat milk or visa versa, fruit with whole milk. That way I don't have to give up anything, but I am not overloading with a lot of fat all in one meal.

OP
Serge

Serge

I just make sure I pare fatty things with nonfat things, like liver with nonfat milk or visa versa, fruit with whole milk. That way I don't have to give up anything, but I am not overloading with a lot of fat all in one meal.
hahaha I invented a bicycle :)

You might not be getting enough niacinamide. You may not be getting it often enough. It has a short half life and must be consumed frequently. And you may be able to do better adding some aspirin and Pyrocet. Those will lower blood sugar.

OP
Serge

Serge

You might not be getting enough niacinamide. You may not be getting it often enough. It has a short half life and must be consumed frequently. And you may be able to do better adding some aspirin and Pyrocet. Those will lower blood sugar.
I have 500mg niacinamide pills. Divide them into 5 pieces and consume during the day. I tried aspirine, saw no difference.

PurpleHeart

Thinking more about your non-hunger, Serge, reminds me of "back in the day" when I would have Mexican food for brunch. I would not be hungry 24 hours later. It wasn't a bad feeling, and I wasn't necessarily full, but knowing now more about digestion, I now realize that my body needed a lot of time to separate through all those proteins, carbs and fats. Considering that protein takes the longest to digest, around 6 hours, and that 3 to 4 ounces is considered a serving, and you ate 10 servings, I think we can imagine why you wouldn't be hungry for awhile. It is how primitive cultures lived. They acquired a big game "kill", and with no refrigeration, they feasted and weren't hungry for awhile. I don't think that is optimal for digestion, but isn't anything worrisome either.
Refrigeration is not a problem meat doesn't spoil when it's raw, you can check out how African hunter gatherer tribes make "high meat".

Although I agree that overeating and then going a couple of days without any food apart from light snacks may be how we evolved to eat.

PaRa

Ok, but does it cure insulin resistance or is it just a tool to lower BG?
Well it will lowers blood sugar like crazy

funny thing is that people claim that B3 cut their hunger while for me it makes me a food black hole, going hungry 1hour after downing 200 g carbs and 100g prot

good bulking supp lol

Refrigeration is not a problem meat doesn't spoil when it's raw, you can check out how African hunter gatherer tribes make "high meat".

Although I agree that overeating and then going a couple of days without any food apart from light snacks may be how we evolved to eat.
It depends on the kill, pork definetly spoils quickly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210727-133820_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210727-133820_Samsung Internet.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 4
OP
Serge

Serge

I had a pretty huge meal yesterday, 800g of pollock fillet alone. Plus cheese, liver sausage, cottage cheese, 100g of starch (+200g of beef) and other stuff... Anyways I'm hungry as hell today :)
I guess I need to eat clean, lost of lean beef and maybe a cup of cottage cheese as dessert and that's it.