Protein Bars

Nstocks

I often skip breakfast and waiting until 1pm to eat lunch is becoming a little stressful!

To get some carbs and a good amount of protein, a bar like for which is easy to eat and fairly quick fits the bill, but most processed bars are, well, processed!

What protein could be a base for the bar, but not from nuts or seeds and not loaded with fat? All I can think of is some for of milk powder but that's quite processed and hard to digest too.

johnwester130

here are some good options, updated :

get jackson's honest chips

oat crackers/biscuits by Nairn's and re-fry them in coconut oil, (UK brand)

masa harina flour made into gorditas, or sopes

nom oat bars use coconut oil (UK brand)

getfruitybar also use coconut oil (UK brand)

OP
N

Nstocks

Thanks for the suggestions!

They look ok, but contain grains which are not well tolerated.

Hmmm. Options are kinda limited I think. Even making my own would need some bulk binding ingredient.

johnwester130

Thanks for the suggestions!

They look ok, but contain grains which are not well tolerated.

Hmmm. Options are kinda limited I think. Even making my own would need some bulk binding ingredient.

what's wrong with oats ? not the best, but not the worst either

Stilgar

I've done a combo of cocoa butter, whey, gelatin, skimmed milk powder and honey.

I have the same problem of skipping breakfast often. It Is so annoying because you can get into a bad routine so easily and it is hard to break.

zztr

Cut portions of a good quality parmesan and wrap in plastic wrap. Good parmesan is not cheap, but that's because it's good. Mozarella can be cheaper. Bring a can of coke or pepsi or OJ for carbs and to wash down the cheese. The noises about HFCS vice cane sugar are not worth worrying about. Any can of soda will do.

tara

Make a stiff jelly with fruit juice and gelatin and extra sugar.
Boiled eggs can be cooked the day before, peeled, and eaten with some fruit or juice on the run.
Cheese sticks with fruit or juice.
Cheese cake (crustless) based on farmers cheese, including optional egg. Can make a batch and freeze in portion sized pieces.
Biscuits made with milk powder, sugar, egg, flavour (eg ginger, cocoa).

If you are not attached to it being solid, then a rich smoothie can go in a bottle for transporting an go down fast when needed: milk, OJ, hydrolysed collagen + optional extra milk powder, sugar, condensed milk, cream, flavour/coffee ...

zztr

Any particular reason my suggestion of Parmesan was deleted, Tara? It wasn't a great post but it didn't deserve censorship.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Any particular reason my suggestion of Parmesan was deleted, Tara? It wasn't a great post but it didn't deserve censorship.
There was no "censorship". One of the mods deleted it and marked it as a "double post", so there must have been a double. I went ahead and restored it. :hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals