Protein And High-Electrolyte Intake - Safe With ONE KIDNEY?

SOMO

1. Assuming someone only has 1 working Kidney, is the 80g daily protein intake RP suggests still safe? Those with damaged kidneys are told to restrict protein consumption, due to the ammonia, but also due to not being able to filter proteins from the blood.

2. Is Kidney disease/kidney transplant the one situation in which Keto Acids are SUPERIOR to actual Amino Acids (due to them not forming Ammonia) ?

3. Is moderate or high Sodium/Potassium/Calcium intake safe for those with Kidney issues/Kidney transplants/one kidney? Many kidney/dialysis patients are told to restrict electrolytes, particularly sodium and potassium.

1 and 3-Maybe using some higher dose niacinamide(500mg-700mg per day) to make sure that your kidney is energised and dealing well with the ammonia and minerals is a good idea. Haidut posted a study some time ago that niacinamide helped people with chronic kidney disease, so maybe it can help those with one kidney as well.
2-Keto acids form aminoacids when combined with ammonia. As long as there is excess ammonia in the body, I think they would be useful, whether the person has 2 kidneys or just 1. About ketocids being superior or not to these people, in a sense yes, because protein from food (but not from individual aminoacids from supplements for example) will increase the ammonia in the body, which is already high, so something to simultaneously provide protein and soak up the ammonia would be better.

Jib

I only have one kidney and seem to be doing better on very high protein. I get a lot more than 80g in a day. I can pretty easily have 80g in one sitting. My protein shakes are one quart of homemade kefir, 30g whey protein, 12g collagen...and I feel quite good after those. That's usually my breakfast most days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals