Protective and Antitumor Effects of Oxidal and Pyrucet in Hamsters with Experimental Graffi Tumor

Mauritio

Finally there's one of Georgis studies out there . I would have totally missed it , If Danny hadn't showed it on his podcast.
I recall @haidut doing a few other studies . Are they accessible somewhere?? Why don't we compile them somewhere ?
When i heard about it , I thought there was going to be a huge thread about it on this forum. But know they just seem to linger out there ,without much people noticing .
Although I'm sure many would want to see and discuss them . I'd be happy to post them if you dont want to self promote georgi !

So now to the actual study :

"The use of combination drug therapy instead of monotherapy is a new positive and promising
approach in the treatment of cancer. Oxidal® and Pyrucet® are food supplements containing Methylene blue (USP), Caffeine (USP), Salicylic acid (USP) and Ethyl Acetoacetate and Ethyl Pyruvate respectively. The therapeutic significance of each of these compounds (their derivatives)
is well established, but no data are available on their combined action in in vivo experimental tumor models.
The aim of the present study was to investigate the in vivo protective effect of mono- and combined experimental therapy with dietary supplements Oxidal® and Pyrucet® in the Graffi myeloid tumor
model in hamsters. For this purpose, the two drugs were administered alone or in combination in
two treatment regimens - prophylactic (before) and therapeutic (simultaneously) with the transplantation of Graffi tumor cells. The protective effect was determined by the biometric parameters of tumor growth (transplantability, tumor size, mortality, mean survival time, survival ate) recorded during the experiment. The results showed a favorable effect of both drugs,
administered alone or in combination, before and simultaneously with the transplantation of tumor cells on the appearance and development of Graffi tumor in hamsters. About 2-fold lower
transplantability, prolongation of the latency period by 7 days, inhibition of tumor growth till 30thday of experiments, reduced mortality and increased individual and overall survival time between 7 to 10 days were observed in the Graffi tumor-bearing hamsters with experimental therapy compared to control-Graffi tumor-bearing hamsters, without therapy. The obtained data revealed that Oxidal® and Pyrucet® could be a promising candidate for the treatment of tumor diseases."

Attachments

• 31248-Article Text-58163-1-10-20210316.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 100
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

The survival rates are really impressive!

I just dont get why pyrucet alone and oxidal alone seems more effective than pyrucet and oxidal combined ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-120753_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-120753_Drive.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 56

Razvan

The survival rates are really impressive!

I just dont get why pyrucet alone and oxidal alone seems more effective than pyrucet and oxidal combined ?
Because fixing one problem in one way it's easier than fixing it in multiple ways.
(This is filosofy not science)
Sometimes you need filosofy to explain things.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I found the other study on hamster getting the same type of tumor. Only in this case the treatment was cortinon (progesterone + dhea) .

The survival rate in this one is similar to the other study with pyrucet/ oxidal .

Interestingly ,when all of the animals are dead in the control group, there's still 90% of the animals in one of the cortinon groups alive ( day35 )!

"Results from a three arms pilot study on the preventive and therapeutic effects of the food supplement CortiNon+ on the development of Graffi myeloid tumor in hamsters have been presented. Biometric parameters of tumor growth and peripheral blood count were evaluated. Two schemes of experimental oral formulation of antitumor therapy were applied ne started 7 days before tumor transplantation and a second one that started simultaneously with the tumor transplantation. The control 3rd group did not receive any oral supplementations. The results demonstrated protective antitumor effect of CortiNon+, expressed by decrease of transplantability and lowering lethality, inhibition of tumor growth and increase of survival rate of the treated animals compared to the untreated ones. The efficacy of the experimental therapy was more pronounced when it was started 7 days before transplantation of the tumour cells. Also, differences in hematological parameters were registered between the groups. Presented results suggest that CortiNon+ is a promising drug candidate for treatment of haematological malignancies"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-125421_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-125421_Chrome.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 21
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Missed that one. Hopefully the prostate cancer trials of Haidut are published soon
Yeah he doesnt seem to talk about his studies much on the forum..

golder

It's early days, I'm sure he will share the results soon when he is happy that it has finalised etc

Nemo

Finally there's one of Georgis studies out there . I would have totally missed it , If Danny hadn't showed it on his podcast.

Thanks for posting, Mauritio. I've been urging friends and family with cancer to use Pyrucet. Now I can show them this.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Thanks for posting, Mauritio. I've been urging friends and family with cancer to use Pyrucet. Now I can show them this.
Great! I think georgi talked a about a terminal cancer patient ,who recovered by taking pyrucet.

It's great because it's no fancy steroid or whatever it's just an OTC supplement , so maybe it'll be easier to convince them.