Protection Against Neurodegeneration With Low-dose Methylene Blue And Near-infrared Light (

you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4428125/

New in vivo evidence from animal models and human studies suggest that low-dose methylene blue and low-level near-infrared light share a common mechanism of enhancement of mitochondrial respiration that protects against neuronal degeneration in a broad range of animal models and human neurobehavioral disorders. We hope that this fascinating neuroprotective approach targeting mitochondrial respiration will stimulate more human studies of potential therapeutic applications in neurology and psychiatry.

:!:

Peatit

In this study, what they are referring to when they talk about low dose is pretty high compared to the dosage on which I came across on this forum (a few hundred µg/day):
"But systemic low-doses (0.5–4 mg/kg) of methylene blue that stimulate mitochondrial respiration in vivo are safe and effective in both animals and humans "
But it is a very interesting read, thank you² (thank you you :? :lol: )

jyb

There are quite a few studies involving Methylene Blue and red light combination. The MB is to make cells (or pathogens) more sensitive to light and die from the light exposure. Your own cells will take a hit too - but the weaker ones in diseased tissue will die. I don't think it's how Ray uses MB, which is to keep NO low and help all cells.

Stuart

At the dose and for the purpose that Dr. Peat uses MB is transdermal administration effective? I would have thought a few micrograms would get through the skin easily.

Soren

Forum Supporter
There are quite a few studies involving Methylene Blue and red light combination. The MB is to make cells (or pathogens) more sensitive to light and die from the light exposure. Your own cells will take a hit too - but the weaker ones in diseased tissue will die. I don't think it's how Ray uses MB, which is to keep NO low and help all cells.

I've posed the question in another thread if this could be a method to treat lyme disease:

Methylene Blue And Light For Lyme Disease/Parkinson's?

The tiny doses some people use are ridiculous, on the mcg level. Im not saying to use the highest doses the studies suggest (even if proven safe), but I see 0.05mg/kg day pretty safe. I think the fear to serotonin syndrome because MB is totally unfounded, unless outrageously high doses or when concomitant taken with SSRI or other potent serotonergic drugs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals