Protection Against EMF / Wi-fi

haidut

Forum Supporter
Parsifal said:
post 99236
haidut said:
[...] it also blocks the increases in serotonin and histamine cause by EMR.

How can EMR raise serotonin? Is it an inflammatory response to cell apoptosis by calcium efflux?

I don't know the exact mechanism, but in general anything that stresses the cell will get sodium and calcium inside the cell. Calcium influx triggers histamine release. As for the serotonin, I am not sure.
There is a study posted in another thread showing EMF from microwaves and wifi routers led to chronically elevated serotonin and histamine, so the effects is certainly there.

Last edited by a moderator:

seano

You can use a schedule on your WiFi to make it run between certain hours ...

I've done that, but until making a move to the country side, I'm likely screwed.

Wifi signals from my bedroom in London. There are more at night likely from mobile hotspots or folks who turn their router off when at work:
upload_2016-2-17_13-22-17.png

Kasper

I heard the effects are not only from the WIFI signal itself, but also from the WIFI receiver searching for WIFI. So turning WIFI receiver off may be helpful. That is also the reason that Macbooks have much longer battery life if you turn the WIFI off, it takes much power to search for WIFI signals, especially if the signal is bad.

Greg says

Looks fun. Do you actually feel any difference sleeping in them?
ha, no these are not mine. But these home made Faraday cages could help. It's the only thing I can think of to negate 30+ wifi routers.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
ha, no these are not mine. But these home made Faraday cages could help. It's the only thing I can think of to negate 30+ wifi routers.
How romantic, the faraday cage would go great with my night time routine of blue blocking glasses and red light therapy.:hammock

SarahBeara

Bar some rat studies is there anything better evidence to suggest that EMF or wifi is harmful?

I just think it's too easy to become paranoid and lose all perspective.

Kasper

I think Wifi is like plastic, it is just all around you, you better just focus on thyroid etc. Making your body as strong as possible, so that things like plastic/WIFI just don't affect you too much.

But of course, if you are sleeping 5 meter from a WIFI router, and you can turn it off at night. Turn that damn thing off.

thegiantess

Bar some rat studies is there anything better evidence to suggest that EMF or wifi is harmful?

This. You don't want to turn out like Jimmy's brother on Better Call Saul.

Whatever, I mean they also stop mosquitoes...

pepsi

I think thats why I feel much better once I get outside. Sometimes I feel depressed, and once I get outside and start driving, I feel like a weight has been lifted off me and I can think clearer.
I live in an apartment, people below me, to the side of me, all with their wifi's.
It would be good to get a house with some property around it.

DaveFoster

I think thats why I feel much better once I get outside. Sometimes I feel depressed, and once I get outside and start driving, I feel like a weight has been lifted off me and I can think clearer.
I live in an apartment, people below me, to the side of me, all with their wifi's.
It would be good to get a house with some property around it.
It might be that driving is amazing and completely beyond our biological pleasure centers. Just a thought.

michael94

I'm curious too and started watching this lecture

so far so good

haidut

Forum Supporter
This. You don't want to turn out like Jimmy's brother on Better Call Saul.

I think everybody in this thread should read this discussion on Reddit:
Science AMA Series: I'm Paul Héroux, a Professor of Toxicology and Health Effects of Electromagnetism at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. I do research on health effects of electromagnetic radiation at all frequencies, both in terms of disease risks and therapeutic medical applications. AMA! • /r/science

I am surprised that people here think the studies were only done on rats. EMF has proven negative effects, with studies going back to the 1950s. And, as the professor in the AMA above says, it is almost exclusively directed at thyroid function, and has been replicated in humans. As far as I have studied it, the effects are mediated through the so-called calcium channels so things like magnesium and cyproheptadine should help negate the effects. Selenium has also been shown to help.

Last edited:

michael94

Yup video I posted he talks about the calcium channels.

tl:dw of it is

EMF -> opens calcium channels -> excess intracellular calcium -> ic calcium increase NO -> NO increases oxidative stress/ DNA damage via free radicals + the ic calcium has it's own unrelated harmful effects

There may be other mechanisms but that particular professor mentioned only finding evidence for damage through the calcium channels.

thegiantess

I think everybody in this thread should read this discussion on Reddit:
Science AMA Series: I'm Paul Héroux, a Professor of Toxicology and Health Effects of Electromagnetism at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. I do research on health effects of electromagnetic radiation at all frequencies, both in terms of disease risks and therapeutic medical applications. AMA! • /r/science

I am surprised that people here think the studies were only done on rats. EMF has proven negative effects, with studies going back to the 1950s. And, as the professor in the AMA above says, it is almost exclusively directed at thyroid function, and has been replicated in humans. As far as I have studied it, the effects are mediated through the so-called calcium channels so things like magnesium and cyproheptadine should help negate the effects. Selenium has also been shown to help.

I don't think they're not an issue at all, just saying that perhaps people shouldn't get all worked up about it and start sleeping in strange boxes. And the Better Call Saul referee was a joke... Just trying to lighten the mood.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I don't think they're not an issue at all, just saying that perhaps people shouldn't get all worked up about it and start sleeping in strange boxes. And the Better Call Saul referee was a joke... Just trying to lighten the mood.

It did lighten the mood :):
I also thought that the caged beds looked a bit like a scene from an S&M movie or something but if someone is living in an apartment building (like me) with 17 wifi routers beaming as much power as my own router next door then it may be a viable option to try and see if it provides much relief. If the relief is dramatic, I think people won't give a damn if they sleep in an S&M cage every night:):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals