Prostaglandins And Ibs-d, The Aspirin Insight

Nick21

It appears much to my surprise that aspirin improved the ibs-d symptoms, although a longer trial is needed. I found evidence online of it helping others, and it appears that reducing prostaglandin E2 may be the source of action. I read that nutmeg has a similar impact, and I just ordered a broccoli sprout/seed product after reading that Sulforaphane may reduce PGE2.

Have other forum users benefitted from aspirin as it relates to diarrhea and ibs-d? Are there other PGE2 reducers that were specifically tried and which yielded a similar benefit? Also, I noticed that none of the other symptoms I have were improved beyond the ibs-d (e.g., dizziness), and I am trying to infer what that means, and why the PGE2 would be high in the first place if this hypothesis is correct. I am only on day 3 of this trial at 80 mg aspirin twice a day.

Jonk

It appears much to my surprise that aspirin improved the ibs-d symptoms, although a longer trial is needed. I found evidence online of it helping others, and it appears that reducing prostaglandin E2 may be the source of action. I read that nutmeg has a similar impact, and I just ordered a broccoli sprout/seed product after reading that Sulforaphane may reduce PGE2.

Have other forum users benefitted from aspirin as it relates to diarrhea and ibs-d? Are there other PGE2 reducers that were specifically tried and which yielded a similar benefit? Also, I noticed that none of the other symptoms I have were improved beyond the ibs-d (e.g., dizziness), and I am trying to infer what that means, and why the PGE2 would be high in the first place if this hypothesis is correct. I am only on day 3 of this trial at 80 mg aspirin twice a day.
Did you continue your aspirin experiment and if so how did it go?