Prostaglandin Derivative Is High In Both Baldness And Acne

haidut

Forum Supporter
That cyproheptadine spray starting to look useful :cool @haidut

Lol, taking notes. I had a few other anecdotal reports over email from people who did their own cypro spray. Problem is, because cypro is a prescription drug in the USA it cannot be sold as a consumer product but only as R&D. If I make it into a spray product it is very hard to argue (legally) that it is for lab use. Not many lab products coming in a spray bottle...
But I will see what can be done.

OP
S

TubZy

Lol, taking notes. I had a few other anecdotal reports over email from people who did their own cypro spray. Problem is, because cypro is a prescription drug in the USA it cannot be sold as a consumer product but only as R&D. If I make it into a spray product it is very hard to argue (legally) that it is for lab use. Not many lab products coming in a spray bottle...
But I will see what can be done.

What about topical famotidine since it is OTC? I tried to do it by crushing a pill up from the store but the amount of filler left my scalp caked in white crap so I gave up.

haidut

Forum Supporter
What about topical famotidine since it is OTC? I tried to do it by crushing a pill up from the store but the amount of filler left my scalp caked in white crap so I gave up.

Don't know if it would have the same effects. I think the cetirizine is also partially anti-serotonin, so it's probably the anti-serotonin effect that is at work here. Maybe doxylamine or something else. I'll check.

TubZy

Don't know if it would have the same effects. I think the cetirizine is also partially anti-serotonin, so it's probably the anti-serotonin effect that is at work here. Maybe doxylamine or something else. I'll check.

I'll be honest, for hair purposes cert has been trialed since 2012 or so when the first big theory of PGD2 was released and there have been tons of logs and no one really had any real success with it. I even tried it myself years ago, I think my log is somewhere actually, but others it actually made their hair worse. I don't know the exact mechanism of why it made some people's hair worse, but that was my initial reason why I never really tried topical aspirin until recently.

Also, in regards to Swiss temples, he despises anything that is a COX inhibitor, I have been debating this with him for a while now as I don't agree. He also thinks DHT is horrible for a male, 90% of his results came from dut and I say this as a strong supporter of him early on when he developed his so called protocol.

If you are really interested in this angle look up "setipiprant" or "OC000459", much stronger than cert.

Last edited:

johnwester130

I'll be honest I don't know how hard I'm willing to apply myself for such little gains as in those photos. would castor oil work better?

are you serious ?

that's the best regrowth from a product I have ever seen

castor oil is unproven. the person using it also used dutasteride, sepriprent and dermarolling

OP
S
are you serious ?

castor oil is unproven. the person using it also used dutasteride, sepriprent and dermarolling

Oh damn I thought the pics were from two different users. That's pretty impressive.

TubZy

are you serious ?

Dut alone can provide regrowth like that unfortunately...would be awesome if he only used cert and cert only.

To be fair everything is unproven besides fin and minox.

Last edited:

Ras

Doxylamine dissolves very well in DMSO (78 mg/mL (200.79 mM)).

CoolTweetPete

no one sells cyproheptadine spray ?

It may not work if it doesn't block pgd2, does cypro block pgd2 ?

IdeaLabs has topical Cypro. It's a wonderful product.

Dante

I'll be honest, for hair purposes cert has been trialed since 2012 or so when the first big theory of PGD2 was released and there have been tons of logs and no one really had any real success with it. I even tried it myself years ago, I think my log is somewhere actually, but others it actually made their hair worse. I don't know the exact mechanism of why it made some people's hair worse, but that was my initial reason why I never really tried topical aspirin until recently.

Also, in regards to Swiss temples, he despises anything that is a COX inhibitor, I have been debating this with him for a while now as I don't agree. He also thinks DHT is horrible for a male, 90% of his results came from dut and I say this as a strong supporter of him early on when he developed his so called protocol.

If you are really interested in this angle look up "setipiprant" or "OC000459", much stronger than cert.
I came to know (i posted this in the chat also ) that there is a topical anti-androgen and anti-PGD2 agent in trials which supposedly, does not interfere with the hormonal and androgenic profiles ( they say libido and sexual profiles are unaffected in clinical trials to this date)
It is also in clinical trials for acne , (according to wiki it's effectiveness was significantly greater than tretinoin 0.05% cream)
For both acne and MPB, according to the Manufacturer, it displaces the androgens like DHT from "androgen receptors".
Here is the link http://www.cassiopea.com/activities/product-pipeline/breezula.aspx
The main compound is this Cortexolone 17α-propionate - Wikipedia. Wiki says - "The topical potency of the drug was greater than that of progesterone, flutamide, and finasteride and was equivalent to that of cyproterone acetate"

TubZy

I came to know (i posted this in the chat also ) that there is a topical anti-androgen and anti-PGD2 agent in trials which supposedly, does not interfere with the hormonal and androgenic profiles ( they say libido and sexual profiles are unaffected in clinical trials to this date)
It is also in clinical trials for acne , (according to wiki it's effectiveness was significantly greater than tretinoin 0.05% cream)
For both acne and MPB, according to the Manufacturer, it displaces the androgens like DHT from "androgen receptors".
Here is the link Breezula
The main compound is this Cortexolone 17α-propionate - Wikipedia. Wiki says - "The topical potency of the drug was greater than that of progesterone, flutamide, and finasteride and was equivalent to that of cyproterone acetate"

Tried it, it does work but it can cause sides (for me it did along with others too) although not as severe as most other AR/AA type drugs. It would not also be wise long term it actually gets converted into cortisol into the skin which I wouldn't want either. Before it was called "breezula" it was called CB-03-01, if you search the internet under that name you will see much more research on it.

The other downside it is very expensive and it needs a proper vehicle to actually work without causing side effects otherwise it will just block the AR just like RU58841 would. The concentrations need to be also higher too. Displacing the androgens from binding to the AR long term would not be ideal IMO especially when you are applying it to local tissue i.e. on top of the head. where AR are concentrated in brain tissue too.

Dante

Tried it, it does work but it can cause sides (for me it did along with others too) although not as severe as most other AR/AA type drugs. It would not also be wise long term it actually gets converted into cortisol into the skin which I wouldn't want either. Before it was called "breezula" it was called CB-03-01, if you search the internet under that name you will see much more research on it.

The other downside it is very expensive and it needs a proper vehicle to actually work without causing side effects otherwise it will just block the AR just like RU58841 would. The concentrations need to be also higher too. Displacing the androgens from binding to the AR long term would not be ideal IMO especially when you are applying it to local tissue i.e. on top of the head. where AR are concentrated in brain tissue too.
Interesting , so you have tried almost everything under the sun. I have nothing to tell you then :). Were the sides less worse than finasteride ?( i mean if it passes the trials , it should have less side-effects than fin, they claim that there is no effect on libido and sexual function, for me, the mental side-effects of fin are the worst, did CB-03-01 cause brain fog etc )
If it passes the trials, the price would come down imo as it becomes an official prescription medicine

TubZy

Interesting , so you have tried almost everything under the sun. I have nothing to tell you then :). Were the sides less worse than finasteride ?( i mean if it passes the trials , it should have less side-effects than fin, they claim that there is no effect on libido and sexual function, for me, the mental side-effects of fin are the worst, did CB-03-01 cause brain fog etc )
If it passes the trials, the price would come down imo as it becomes an official prescription medicine

Yes, the sides were less than finasteride by far. The main side I noticed was an ache/tighter feeling in my ball sack which it typical of some sort of HPTA suppression of some sort following lower libido a few days later. After about a week or two it never subsided and decided to get off it. Out of all the AR/AA stuff I used I would rate the following from worst to least in terms of side effects (1 being the worst). Maybe if they somehow come out with a new vehicle for it and make it safer, could be a potential option but definitely not for me or anyone sensitive to AR/AA. You if google CB 03 01 side effects people had other sides like chest pain, shortness of breath etc.

1. Finasteride
2. RU58841
3. CB 03 01

johnwester130

has anyone simply tried cyproheptadine in a water spray ?

60mg cypro/60ml of water.

filter the cyproheptadine filler out.

spray on scalp

johnwester130

Update :

One week into cetrizine.

One vellus hair has totally grown out, looks like I have 1 grey hair amongst my hair.

maybe this pgd2/histamine is the real problem in hair loss.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom