Prostaglandin Derivative Is High In Both Baldness And Acne

Prostaglandin D2 Inhibits Hair Growth and Is Elevated in Bald Scalp of Men with Androgenetic Alopecia

<<although it is attractive to speculate that the sebaceous gland hypertrophy and elevated levels of 15-dPGJ2 observed in both human AGA and mouse K14-Ptgds model might be related, the causal connection is unclear. Despite this, a growing literature correlates elevated 15-dPGJ2 levels with sebaceous hyperplasia, such as in acne. Given the common requirement of circulating sex hormones and common histology of sebaceous hyperplasia, acne and AGA may have overlapping pathogeneses.>>

GAF

There is precedence for the opposing functions of individual prostaglandins that are downstream from the PTGS enzymes. For example, in the lung, PGE2 causes relaxation, whereas PGD2 causes contraction of bronchial muscle tone (16). Our results suggest that in mouse and human skin, a balance between PGE2 and PGD2 controls hair growth. This model predicts then that efforts to reverse alopecia should optimally focus on both enhancing PGE2 and inhibiting PGD2 signaling. This model also explains why agents such as aspirin, which inhibit upstream prostaglandin synthesis enzymes (PTGS1 and PTGS2), have minimal effects on hair growth because of likely equally decreased production of PGE2 and PGD2.

and

Our findings also suggest that supplemental PGE2 could be therapeutic. By correcting its deficiency and increasing its level in bald scalp, the inhibitory effects of PGD2 may be overcome. Analogs of PGF2α, which are already FDA-approved to promote eyelash growth, should also have similar effects on the scalp and are currently in clinical trials for this indication. Once issues of delivery, dosing, and safety are addressed, additional agonists and antagonists of prostaglandin pathways should become available. The K14-Ptgs2 transgenic mouse model, which phenocopies AGA, may assist in screening novel therapeutic agents. Ultimately, multiple mechanisms may be responsible for hair loss in AGA. Inhibiting PGD2 may prevent miniaturization and provide benefit to those in the process of balding; however, it is unclear whether men who are already bald will regrow hair.

Question for the RPF Scientists: How does a person get some PGE2 on their noggin?

uuy8778yyi

Been discussed many times on immortal hair and this forum from a peat perspective

Costarelis is going to release a gel , I forget the name, but they are discussing it on hairlossltalk

jyb

Just to clarify, sebaceous hyperplasia might be quite different from your "regular" acne as a disease.

uuy8778yyi

i was posting about this man a few months ago,

but laughed him off because he said fish oil would reduce pgd2 and everyone on the hair loss forums began taking it

OP
S
You mean user TKK3?

GAF said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97742/ There is precedence for the opposing functions of individual prostaglandins that are downstream from the PTGS enzymes. For example, in the lung, PGE2 causes relaxation, whereas PGD2 causes contraction of bronchial muscle tone (16). Our results suggest that in mouse and human skin, a balance between PGE2 and PGD2 controls hair growth. This model predicts then that efforts to reverse alopecia should optimally focus on both enhancing PGE2 and inhibiting PGD2 signaling. This model also explains why agents such as aspirin, which inhibit upstream prostaglandin synthesis enzymes (PTGS1 and PTGS2), have minimal effects on hair growth because of likely equally decreased production of PGE2 and PGD2.

and

Our findings also suggest that supplemental PGE2 could be therapeutic. By correcting its deficiency and increasing its level in bald scalp, the inhibitory effects of PGD2 may be overcome. Analogs of PGF2α, which are already FDA-approved to promote eyelash growth, should also have similar effects on the scalp and are currently in clinical trials for this indication. Once issues of delivery, dosing, and safety are addressed, additional agonists and antagonists of prostaglandin pathways should become available. The K14-Ptgs2 transgenic mouse model, which phenocopies AGA, may assist in screening novel therapeutic agents. Ultimately, multiple mechanisms may be responsible for hair loss in AGA. Inhibiting PGD2 may prevent miniaturization and provide benefit to those in the process of balding; however, it is unclear whether men who are already bald will regrow hair.

Question for the RPF Scientists: How does a person get some PGE2 on their noggin?

As stated, there are multiple mechanisms in hair loss but an aspirin a day will drastically reduce PGD2 levels. Couple this with good thyroid function, with good levels of pregnenolone and DHEA (supplementing whichever is needed), we should theoretically see regrowth without having to play around with PGE2.

Last edited by a moderator:

GAF

GAF said:

The
uuy8778yyi said:

It seems that they are not going to sell PGE2, but want to sell a PGD2 blocker, when an Aspirin a day will accomplish the same thing.

I would like some PGE2 for my lung issues and if it grows hair that would be fine and dandy. I know one thing for sure, I won't be paying Allergan (recently purchased Kythera for $2+billion) one penny for anything.
http://www.allergan.com/news/news/thoms ... aceuticals

So, where can I get me some PGE2 or does someone have a 3-D printer that can make it? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

GAF

Hey, I can smear that on my head at night and wear a shower cap. Doing it tonite fer sure. Could be the breakthrough we've all been looking for :mrgreen:

OP
S
I'm not a name person to put it lightly :ss doesn't help that now the lead researchers put their name at the end of the list in fake humility :ss :ss :ss

johnwester130

Prostaglandin D2 Inhibits Hair Growth and Is Elevated in Bald Scalp of Men with Androgenetic Alopecia

<<although it is attractive to speculate that the sebaceous gland hypertrophy and elevated levels of 15-dPGJ2 observed in both human AGA and mouse K14-Ptgds model might be related, the causal connection is unclear. Despite this, a growing literature correlates elevated 15-dPGJ2 levels with sebaceous hyperplasia, such as in acne. Given the common requirement of circulating sex hormones and common histology of sebaceous hyperplasia, acne and AGA may have overlapping pathogeneses.>>

look at these results using cetirizine.
however topical cyprheptadine may be better

cetirizine hair - Google Search:

attachment.php

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom