Proportion Of Talented, Helpful, Creative Medical Professionals To The Average Useless Doctor?

R J

I think the country I live in (Canada) has a really poor representation of the talent pool for medical professionals. From veterinarians to medical doctors to nurses and even many massage therapists and physiotherapists, I can rarely find a great person to work with. I’m usually disappointed in how little they know and their attitudes are usually pretty bad. Many of them aren’t even in great health themselves.

I think in Canada it’s really bad because the most talented head for USA for better pay and more freedom. The system here is very restrictive and doctors have to be pushed or manipulated to order blood tests if they think it isn’t absolutely necessary. If I even mentioned some of the concepts discussed in this forum many would not take it seriously.

haidut

I think the country I live in (Canada) has a really poor representation of the talent pool for medical professionals. From veterinarians to medical doctors to nurses and even many massage therapists and physiotherapists, I can rarely find a great person to work with. I’m usually disappointed in how little they know and their attitudes are usually pretty bad. Many of them aren’t even in great health themselves.

I think in Canada it’s really bad because the most talented head for USA for better pay and more freedom. The system here is very restrictive and doctors have to be pushed or manipulated to order blood tests if they think it isn’t absolutely necessary. If I even mentioned some of the concepts discussed in this forum many would not take it seriously.

I think you would find that attitude in most countries practicing "industrial medicine" - i.e. data-driven drug/procedure dealing on a massive scale. Canada is not at all unique in that respect. In such systems, the fate of the individual patient does not matter. All that matters are stats, sales, reports, and...turning the patient into a resource to be mined for profit for as long as the patient is alive. At this point, the only real doctors left are probably older people (65+), and practicing "family medicine" in some very rural areas.

R J

At this point, the only real doctors left are probably older people (65+), and practicing "family medicine" in some very rural areas.

I noticed this! The elderly doctors, who mostly are retired now, have been the best.

I’ve had some good experience too but it isn’t the rule. Definitely the older crowd had a different approach. I’ve met some who really should have picked a different career, like finance or day trading.