Prop 65 warning

Dr. B

Many supplements contain this warning, but some dont, and it may simply be if theyre not sold in California?

Is this warning label something to look out for? theres hundreds of chemicals/ingredients that require a prop 65 warning, and all the ones ive seen do seem to be toxic. i heard in many cases these things could be naturally occurring in the product, but even if thats the case wouldnt this warning be useful to see which food products contain risky chemicals? or is any product sold/shipped to california automatically required to have this warning label? I have seen several manufacturers of whey protein or other food/supplement products claim their products have naturally occurring lead so they have to put prop 65 on it. im not sure if this is the case, and if it is I wonder if it is due to the environment being so polluted these prop 65 chemicals make their way into natural food products or supplements. Like how come pink salt doesnt have prop 65 for instance, that supposedly has naturally occurring lead and a bunch of other toxic minerals apparently naturally occurring?

PxD

Many supplements contain this warning, but some dont, and it may simply be if theyre not sold in California?

Is this warning label something to look out for? theres hundreds of chemicals/ingredients that require a prop 65 warning, and all the ones ive seen do seem to be toxic. i heard in many cases these things could be naturally occurring in the product, but even if thats the case wouldnt this warning be useful to see which food products contain risky chemicals? or is any product sold/shipped to california automatically required to have this warning label? I have seen several manufacturers of whey protein or other food/supplement products claim their products have naturally occurring lead so they have to put prop 65 on it. im not sure if this is the case, and if it is I wonder if it is due to the environment being so polluted these prop 65 chemicals make their way into natural food products or supplements. Like how come pink salt doesnt have prop 65 for instance, that supposedly has naturally occurring lead and a bunch of other toxic minerals apparently naturally occurring?
From what I’ve read, the warning label is useless because it’s overly broad, the thresholds are too low, so it ends up being plastered on just about any manufactured or processed product, even many things you don’t invest.