Promoters of Efficient v. Inefficient Metabolism

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Promoters of Efficient v. Inefficient Metabolism
http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2012/0 ... etabolism/

The thumbnail below is a revisable chart that portrays factors that promote efficient or inefficient energy metabolism. The goal of the health conscious should be to maximize the effects of the promoters of efficient metabolism while minimizing the effects of the factors that lead to inefficient metabolism.

Some of the factors that promote inefficient metabolism do serve important functions during stress, but they should be used only intermittently until the stressor subsides. If they have a significant role in physiology relative to the factors that promote efficient metabolism, the human machinery starts to malfunction. Please check with a medical professional about all things related to your health. This chart does not represent medical advice in any way.

Attachments

• Picture-1-08-00-18.png
    Picture-1-08-00-18.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,508
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think this is a pretty awesome chart.

gretchen

For adults everywhere, this chart could be labelled "what's making you fat" & "weight loss aids". :lol:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I had forgot all about this chart. Thank you gretchen.

FPS puts out some really great charts and info.

Peata

Thanks for bumping it Blossom. I'm not sure I saw it the first time.

I wonder if in aging, that reducing fat while increasing sugars is important to help the body keep using sugar instead of fat oxidation?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
Thanks for bumping it Blossom. I'm not sure I saw it the first time.

I wonder if in aging, that reducing fat while increasing sugars is important to help the body keep using sugar instead of fat oxidation?
Well that's a thought! I know I've read that RP decreased his fat intake at one point to further limit PUFA. It seems reasonable if we shift toward fat oxidation with age then limiting fats might be beneficial. I bet you are right. ;)