Prolozone Therapy. Regenerating Joints And Eliminating Pain

Seleniodine

Anybody have any thoughts on this form of therapy?

Prolozone – Regenerating Joints and Eliminating Pain

Some quotes from the article are attached below:
http://journalofprolotherapy.com/prolozone-regenerating-joints-and-eliminating-pain/
"Prolozone is a technique that combines the principles of neural therapy, Prolotherapy, and ozone therapy. It involves injecting combinations of procaine, anti-inflammatory medications, homeopathics, vitamins, minerals, proliferatives, and ozone/oxygen gas into degenerated or injured joints, and into areas of pain. This article reviews the nature of what medical grade ozone is, how it works in biological systems, and how it can be used to regenerate joints and other damaged tissues, and to alleviate pain"

"Before I delve into the next section, I need to define the term oxygen utilization. Oxygen utilization quite simply refers to how efficiently a cell or cells are converting oxygen to energy. Decreased oxygen utilization therefore refers to a condition in which oxygen is being less efficiently converted into energy.

When a molecule of oxygen reaches a cell (specifically the mitochondria of the cell) there are two possible ways that it can be metabolized. One, in aerobic metabolism it can interact with either glucose or fatty acids to produce energy. Or two, it will be converted into free radical molecules. In a state of decreased oxygen utilization, more of it will be directed towards free radical production, and less towards energy production. This of course leads to a lethal one-two punch to the cell. It has less energy to maintain itself, and it is being increasingly burdened with free radical injury. Decreased oxygen utilization is at the root of all chronic disease, and I believe is also the fundamental cause of chronic pain and tissue degeneration."

"How does ozone stimulate oxygen utilization? The answer to this question is beyond the scope of this article, but is answered in my book, The Principles and Applications of Ozone Therapy – A Practical Guideline For Physicians, which can be purchased from Amazon.com. The short answer is that is does it by oxidizing NADH to NAD.

As oxygen utilization decreases, in this case from trauma, the ratio of NAD to NADH decreases. A decrease in the cells’ NAD/NADH ratio results in a slowdown of all cellular function including protein synthesis, cellular division, growth factor function, membrane potential maintenance, etc. As previously mentioned, ozone reacts with the double bonds in lipids and amino acids and creates peroxides that are able to oxidize NADH to NAD, and thereby correct the declining NAD/NADH ratio. And by doing this, cellular function is stimulated to return to business as usual, and oxygen utilization is returned to normal. The net result is that the tissues get what they need to heal—energy. And as they heal, the circulation to the area is re-established, pain is cured, and the treatment is complete."

Waynish

Interesting. I'm surprised by how few health nuts have tried hyperbaric, including myself.

Regina

Anybody have any thoughts on this form of therapy?

Prolozone – Regenerating Joints and Eliminating Pain

Some quotes from the article are attached below:
"Prolozone is a technique that combines the principles of neural therapy, Prolotherapy, and ozone therapy. It involves injecting combinations of procaine, anti-inflammatory medications, homeopathics, vitamins, minerals, proliferatives, and ozone/oxygen gas into degenerated or injured joints, and into areas of pain. This article reviews the nature of what medical grade ozone is, how it works in biological systems, and how it can be used to regenerate joints and other damaged tissues, and to alleviate pain"

"Before I delve into the next section, I need to define the term oxygen utilization. Oxygen utilization quite simply refers to how efficiently a cell or cells are converting oxygen to energy. Decreased oxygen utilization therefore refers to a condition in which oxygen is being less efficiently converted into energy.

When a molecule of oxygen reaches a cell (specifically the mitochondria of the cell) there are two possible ways that it can be metabolized. One, in aerobic metabolism it can interact with either glucose or fatty acids to produce energy. Or two, it will be converted into free radical molecules. In a state of decreased oxygen utilization, more of it will be directed towards free radical production, and less towards energy production. This of course leads to a lethal one-two punch to the cell. It has less energy to maintain itself, and it is being increasingly burdened with free radical injury. Decreased oxygen utilization is at the root of all chronic disease, and I believe is also the fundamental cause of chronic pain and tissue degeneration."

"How does ozone stimulate oxygen utilization? The answer to this question is beyond the scope of this article, but is answered in my book, The Principles and Applications of Ozone Therapy – A Practical Guideline For Physicians, which can be purchased from Amazon.com. The short answer is that is does it by oxidizing NADH to NAD.

As oxygen utilization decreases, in this case from trauma, the ratio of NAD to NADH decreases. A decrease in the cells’ NAD/NADH ratio results in a slowdown of all cellular function including protein synthesis, cellular division, growth factor function, membrane potential maintenance, etc. As previously mentioned, ozone reacts with the double bonds in lipids and amino acids and creates peroxides that are able to oxidize NADH to NAD, and thereby correct the declining NAD/NADH ratio. And by doing this, cellular function is stimulated to return to business as usual, and oxygen utilization is returned to normal. The net result is that the tissues get what they need to heal—energy. And as they heal, the circulation to the area is re-established, pain is cured, and the treatment is complete."

I knew quite a few aikidoists who were getting prolotherapy several years back and responded well to it. For me, K2 (kuinone) has been a game changer. I never really have any joint or muscle pain from training. But I also never over-train anymore. So far, focusing on changing the condition of the whole organism (to anti-catabolic) speeds whole body recovery. Whereas before peating, I was more in a triage state trying to reduce pain at traumatized joints.

Dave Clark

My doctor does prolozone and other ozone therapies. I have not had the need to get prolozone done yet, but he told me he has a lot of success with it. Shoulders, knees, hips, etc. My dentist uses ozone, and the hygenist who does the ozone said when they went for training she told the doctor she has a bad shoulder for 20 years, he said let me give you a shot of prolozone (he explained to her what it was), he did and she said the reduction in pain was immediate. Hasn't had a probem with that shoulder since, she is having same problem with the opposite shoulder, and she is going to get that done as well. It also has positive effects on spinal issues, for anyone with back problems they haven't been able to solve.