Prolactin

Hey guys I got my prolactin tested and it’s 9.4 ng/dl
Cortisol was 17.3 ug/dl
Estradiol was 11.9 pg/ml

Is the prolactin too high?
I’m trying to find answers why I feel so low energy. My temps are usually above 98.6 now a days and I haven’t had to touch any thyroid supplements. I posted another thread a while ago with the rest of my hormones, cholesterol, calcium, glucose etc... if you’d like to take a look for some feedback

Full Hormone Panel Feedback

Thanks!

Kram

Hey guys I got my prolactin tested and it’s 9.4 ng/dl
Cortisol was 17.3 ug/dl
Estradiol was 11.9 pg/ml

Is the prolactin too high?
I’m trying to find answers why I feel so low energy. My temps are usually above 98.6 now a days and I haven’t had to touch any thyroid supplements. I posted another thread a while ago with the rest of my hormones, cholesterol, calcium, glucose etc... if you’d like to take a look for some feedback

Full Hormone Panel Feedback

Thanks!

I was also on accutane a few times (10-12 years ago) and had labs done twice this year and the results were very similar to yours. Total T: 500-600, DHT: 42, Cortisol: 15, Estradiol: 10, Prolactin: 11, TSH: 1.1).

Based on what I have read, ideal prolactin should be between 4-7 for males so 9 may be a little high and could be responsible for slightly elevated cortisol. Also, Estradiol may be too low (ideal is supposedly 20-30) and could be responsible for some of your symptoms. Check out this thread. Estrogen Is Absolutely Critical For Men

I have had a hard time raising DHT since my estrogen is already very low so my current focus is on reducing prolactin, serotonin, cortisol to help boost total T, which should then help raise Estradiol to a more normal level.

Hoping all this improves energy but I am not a doctor and have no background in medicine...

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I was also on accutane a few times (10-12 years ago) and had labs done twice this year and the results were very similar to yours. Total T: 500-600, DHT: 42, Cortisol: 15, Estradiol: 10, Prolactin: 11, TSH: 1.1).

Based on what I have read, ideal prolactin should be between 4-7 for males so 9 may be a little high and could be responsible for slightly elevated cortisol. Also, Estradiol may be too low (ideal is supposedly 20-30) and could be responsible for some of your symptoms. Check out this thread. Estrogen Is Absolutely Critical For Men

I have had a hard time raising DHT since my estrogen is already very low so my current focus is on reducing prolactin, serotonin, cortisol to help boost total T, which should then help raise Estradiol to a more normal level.

Hoping all this improves energy but I am not a doctor and have no background in medicine...
Yeah hopefully that will help. It seems to be hard to budge the 40 area for DHT with just diet/exercise alone at least for me. I think magnesium has been one of the most helpful things for me personally. Going to try to lower prolactin and cortisol to see if my serum DHT bumps up a bit.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are you eating a nutritious diet with lots of B1?

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Are you eating a nutritious diet with lots of B1?
I’ve fell off the past 6 months or so but when I felt my best I followed the diet in the dht unleashed program by Christopher walker from anabolicmen.com. The foods I ate was ground beef, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, pomegranate juice, kiwis, bananas, pineapples, strawberries, beef liver, white rice, shrimp, jello with Knox gelatine powder usually orange flavor from Indian river OJ, eggs, butter, cottage cheese, different varieties of cheese and of course coffee usually with non fat milk. Why B1?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I’ve fell off the past 6 months or so but when I felt my best I followed the diet in the dht unleashed program by Christopher walker from anabolicmen.com. The foods I ate was ground beef, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, pomegranate juice, kiwis, bananas, pineapples, strawberries, beef liver, white rice, shrimp, jello with Knox gelatine powder usually orange flavor from Indian river OJ, eggs, butter, cottage cheese, different varieties of cheese and of course coffee usually with non fat milk. Why B1?
B1 is the rate limited vitamin for glucose oxidation. Not enough can lower energy production and cause fatigue.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
B1 is the rate limited vitamin for glucose oxidation. Not enough can lower energy production and cause fatigue.
I’m taking Niacinamide most days from bulk supplements but I reckon it would be better to take something like energin to get the full spectrum of B’s

olive

I’ve been getting a lot of sun recently but why dairy?
Dairy contains beta-casmorphin7 which attaches to the opioid receptor where it acts to increase prolactin. High prolactin is responsible for slowed transit times, poor gut health, poor memory, slow reaction times, causes breast tissue growth, strong links to hairloss, poor sexual performance, etc.

Broken man

Dairy contains beta-casmorphin7 which attaches to the opioid receptor where it acts to increase prolactin. High prolactin is responsible for slowed transit times, poor gut health, poor memory, slow reaction times, causes breast tissue growth, strong links to hairloss, poor sexual performance, etc.
I understand IT but the interesting thing is that I have huge taste for Milk, cheese or kefir are no help.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
@Broken man that’s interesting about bromelain because I used to eat pineapple everyday before the gym and during that time period was the the leanest and most muscular I’ve ever been.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
That prolactin looks normal in my opinion
Yeah nothing that can’t be fixed with a good diet maybe some vitamin E just trying to raise my T and DHT and thought this might play a role but it doesn’t seem outrageously high

CLASH

@Broken man
You'd have to see if bromelain will hydrolyze BCM-7 peptides. As Travis has posted specific roasts of Coffee have an opioid antagonist:

4-Caffeoyl-1,5-quinide in roasted coffee inhibits [3H]naloxone binding and reverses anti-nociceptive effects of morphine in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

@Alex Jaramillo
switching to A2 or goat milk may help to lower your prolactin as the casien peptide in those sources of dairy is hydrolyzed differently by digestive enzymes due to an amino acid substitution and thus has less opiate activity and subsequently less prolactin stimulating qualities.

Broken man

@Broken man
You'd have to see if bromelain will hydrolyze BCM-7 peptides. As Travis has posted specific roasts of Coffee have an opioid antagonist:

4-Caffeoyl-1,5-quinide in roasted coffee inhibits [3H]naloxone binding and reverses anti-nociceptive effects of morphine in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

@Alex Jaramillo
switching to A2 or goat milk may help to lower your prolactin as the casien peptide in those sources of dairy is hydrolyzed differently by digestive enzymes due to an amino acid substitution and thus has less opiate activity and subsequently less prolactin stimulating qualities.
Ye, I know about coffee and opioids but I have problems with coffee sometimes. I am more interested about gut microbiome that will cleave the opioids.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals