Votes: 1 16.7%
  • medicine

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • advises

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hans

Forum Supporter
In Terms of Calcium.....How much Calcium per Day do you think is ok?. Around 2000-2500mg per Day as a General Guideline?
It depends on your requirements. Vitamin D status along with vitamin D regulators such as magnesium, vitamin B2, C and aflatoxins can regulate calcium absorption and this can change your requirements.
I'd look at vitamin D and PTH to get an idea of calcium requirements. Low vitamin D and high PTH mean you need more calcium (and vitamin D). I aim to get at least 1g through the diet, but I'm not opposed to getting several times the RDA of calcium.

David90

It depends on your requirements. Vitamin D status along with vitamin D regulators such as magnesium, vitamin B2, C and aflatoxins can regulate calcium absorption and this can change your requirements.
I'd look at vitamin D and PTH to get an idea of calcium requirements. Low vitamin D and high PTH mean you need more calcium (and vitamin D). I aim to get at least 1g through the diet, but I'm not opposed to getting several times the RDA of calcium.
Ok. Thanks for the Info.