Prolactin Surged After Higher Sugar, Caffeine & Stress

grenade

Hey guys,

I recently got some labs done and found some unsettling results (I posted about them originally here).

Prolactin: 22.9 (up from 11.4 since October)
Cholesterol: 137 (up from 112)
Triglycerides: 70 (up from 62)
Calcium: 9.8 (up from 9.0)
TSH: 1.1 (first ever test)
D: 50 (first test ever)
CO2: 23 (down from 26)
ALT/AST: 17 / 18 (versus 25 / 16 before)

1. In terms of my prolactin ... Since my last blood test, I've gained 20lbs and upped my carbs from 400 to 500 grams daily. Most of the carbs came from dairy, sugar, and bananas. Caffeine intake went up too.

I'm concerned that since my thiamine intake didn't go up much (averaged 2.3mg daily, only up from 2mg daily before), it affected my prolactin. There's evidence that low thiamine --> poor glucose control --> increased lactic acid --> increased prolactin. Also, prolactin seems to be "protective" against diabetes and poor glucose control, so it may have increased as a direct result of low thiamine and high carbs.

Finally, I seem to be serotonin dominant (serotonin also seems to increase prolactin). Poor mood & outlook on life, everyday is a boring routine, I'm dealing with a lot of stress and joint pain. Plus I'm still losing hair ...So, I will lower milk to two quarts and consume 4-6 TBSP of gelatin to lower tryptophan, get more light exposure, take low dose cypro, and try to have more fun to see if my mood, hair, and pain improve.

2. TSH isn't bad, but still isn't under 1. Yet, my waking temps are up to 97.8 and mid day temps are 98.6. Pulse is consistently in the high 70s / low 80s.

I'm thinking of keeping of the Peaty stuff but to eat thiamine rich foods (more fruits and less sugar, some brewers yeast, some occasional boiled peas) and maybe some low dose cypro.

Anyone have any thoughts?

artlange

according to what Ray has said (in articles and interviews) a low cholesterol is not desired and is a predictor for illness later in life. He has said that a cholesterol of 160 - 180 is more desirable since cholesterol is the needed for production of the youth hormones (pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA). OJ and fresh fruit is helpful in raising cholesterol. Ray thinks bananas are not good because of the stress and fungicides they are grown in. Also bananas have a lot of starch if not super ripe (like soft jelly) and the starch can block the small blood vessels. (sorry, I don't have links, use the search engine on the site if you want to check for yourself.) Your temps are great. I'd check all electrolytes, perhaps some are low.

OP
G

grenade

according to what Ray has said (in articles and interviews) a low cholesterol is not desired and is a predictor for illness later in life. He has said that a cholesterol of 160 - 180 is more desirable since cholesterol is the needed for production of the youth hormones (pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA). OJ and fresh fruit is helpful in raising cholesterol. Ray thinks bananas are not good because of the stress and fungicides they are grown in. Also bananas have a lot of starch if not super ripe (like soft jelly) and the starch can block the small blood vessels. (sorry, I don't have links, use the search engine on the site if you want to check for yourself.) Your temps are great. I'd check all electrolytes, perhaps some are low.

Would white sugar not raise cholesterol as strongly as fruit / fruit juice? Would sucrose be different than glucose + fructose in that regard?

I'd like to get my choelsterol up but I'm already at 500 grams of carbs daily. Someone in my old thread mentioned that suppressed cholesterol may be indicative of infection, but that was sort of a dead end ... I have no idea how to investigate that.

Anyway, comments about bananas are right. I am switching over to other fruits and limiting my banana consumption.

Djukami

Someone in my old thread mentioned that suppressed cholesterol may be indicative of infection,
That's interesting. I also have difficulties on raising my cholesterol... Only when I was doing high fruit diet and more than 6 egg yolks a day, I was able to increase it. But I wasn't feeling that well on that diet though...

Have you ever thought about getting some Saturated fat, coconut oil? I think it raises cholesterol, right?

artlange

Would white sugar not raise cholesterol as strongly as fruit / fruit juice? Would sucrose be different than glucose + fructose in that regard?

I'd like to get my choelsterol up but I'm already at 500 grams of carbs daily. Someone in my old thread mentioned that suppressed cholesterol may be indicative of infection, but that was sort of a dead end ... I have no idea how to investigate that.

Anyway, comments about bananas are right. I am switching over to other fruits and limiting my banana consumption.
white sugar would probably raise cholesterol in a similar way as OJ, however, the electrolytes (K and Mg) in OJ are missing in white sugar. what does your 500g of carbs consist? Starches are glucose (no fructose), and it is the fructose that helps raise cholesterol. Have you had a recent cholesterol test recently?

OP
G

grenade

That's interesting. I also have difficulties on raising my cholesterol... Only when I was doing high fruit diet and more than 6 egg yolks a day, I was able to increase it. But I wasn't feeling that well on that diet though...

Have you ever thought about getting some Saturated fat, coconut oil? I think it raises cholesterol, right?

I've got some hydrogenated CO in the cupboard that I'll use occasionally now.

OP
G

grenade

white sugar would probably raise cholesterol in a similar way as OJ, however, the electrolytes (K and Mg) in OJ are missing in white sugar. what does your 500g of carbs consist? Starches are glucose (no fructose), and it is the fructose that helps raise cholesterol. Have you had a recent cholesterol test recently?

For the duration, it had been bananas, lactose, and sugar - with a little bit going towards other various citrus fruits and some starch. The cholesterol numbers were recent vs last October's.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals