Prolactin Foods

MattJacko

Hello,

I just got my bloodwork back and had a high prolactin score of 20.9

What foods increase prolactin and what foods decrease prolactin?

I have heard gluten and dairy can increase prolactin levels and B6 can decrease prolactin levels

Cheers,
Matt

golder

Hello,

I have heard gluten and dairy can increase prolactin levels and B6 can decrease prolactin levels

Cheers,
Matt
I always thought dairy was known to increase prolactin, which is a Peat staple. I think high stress and poor metabolism are most likely the worst culprits?

dallascat

Hello,

Cheers,
Matt
Use a SSRI by chance?

BibleBeliever

First time I’ve heard this?

"Prolactin secretion is increased by serotonin, which is one of the substances increased by salt restriction, but prolactin itself can promote the loss of sodium in the urine (Ibarra, et al., 2005), and contributes to vascular leakage and hypertension."

Salt number 1 to lower prolactin, high milk/calcium diet. Salt is the strongest way to lower serotonin.
Increasing thyroid/dopamine, which is also achieved by the same.

Haldand

Also struggling with high prolactin. Have been noticing some mellow, apathy type moods with massive lethargy in the evening and pretty low temps in the morning (95.5 avg). Also MPB.

Words of Ray: Prolactin responds to different kinds of stress. For example, anything that blocks your thyroid function and energy production tends to increase prolactin, and at the same time it increases the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. Those are both turned on by serotonin.

I would immediately jump to serotonin but it seems my TSH is on the low end. I think Ray has said under 1 is someone who is considered pretty healthy.

Possible solutions: increase vitamin E to see if this is an endotoxin/pufa issue?

Labs:
Prolactin 18.6 ng/mL (ref 4.0 - 15.2)
Total T: 696 ng/dL (ref 264-916)
TSH: 1.050 uIU/mL (ref 0.450 - 4.5)
Reverse T3: 16.1 ng/dL (ref 9.2-24.1)
PTH: 21 pg/mL (ref 15-65)
Vit D: 39.9 ng/mL (ref 30-100)
Phosphorus: 3.6 mg/dL (ref 2.8-4.1)

joaquin

Also struggling with high prolactin. Have been noticing some mellow, apathy type moods with massive lethargy in the evening and pretty low temps in the morning (95.5 avg). Also MPB.

Words of Ray: Prolactin responds to different kinds of stress. For example, anything that blocks your thyroid function and energy production tends to increase prolactin, and at the same time it increases the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. Those are both turned on by serotonin.

I would immediately jump to serotonin but it seems my TSH is on the low end. I think Ray has said under 1 is someone who is considered pretty healthy.

Possible solutions: increase vitamin E to see if this is an endotoxin/pufa issue?

Labs:
Prolactin 18.6 ng/mL (ref 4.0 - 15.2)
Total T: 696 ng/dL (ref 264-916)
TSH: 1.050 uIU/mL (ref 0.450 - 4.5)
Reverse T3: 16.1 ng/dL (ref 9.2-24.1)
PTH: 21 pg/mL (ref 15-65)
Vit D: 39.9 ng/mL (ref 30-100)
Phosphorus: 3.6 mg/dL (ref 2.8-4.1)
where are the free t3/t4 results? They would be more helpful to see if you have enough thyroid hormone, as they should be in the top 25% of the range to be optimal. TSH is deceptive for some, as mine was 1.5 when I was really hypothyroid and could barely function or concentrate on tasks-- docs kept saying I was fine.

piro444

It's just you.
Thanks
Any idea why?
Low e2? High dht?
The more I see body hair the more I know they’re unhealthy
I see them whenever I have problems in a specific area
I don’t get how this forum thinks they’re a good sign, you can always see that as people lose their health they start to get hairy
(Up until a certain age, when they lose hair or they become grey)
After Christmas I’m gonna add more antioxidants and see how I react

ursidae

I don’t get how this forum thinks they’re a good sign, you can always see that as people lose their health they start to get hairy
It varies from individual to individual. Unless you're experiencing rapid changes post puberty, body hair has a lot to do with race. Middle easterners have the most body hair and east asians have the least

ThinPicking

It varies from individual to individual. Unless you're experiencing rapid changes post puberty, body hair has a lot to do with race. Middle easterners have the most body hair and east asians have the least
How can ye be sure tis "race" that "has a lot to do with" that Ms Paddington. Would behavioural, environmental and cultural forces not be a more truthful explanation. And would impending epigenetic force not be heritable to an extent.

Could such things not be considered a stress. And could such stress not be a path for people to "lose their health" as Mr Piro put it.

Could we not helicopter drop 2 "east asian" families in to Uzbekistan and force them to live by it. Would they not have more of a "body hair" situation inside of a decade or two and could they not practically breed the "east asian" out of themselves in 2 or 3 generations. I appreciate there are some characteristics that would take longer, they're like turning a genetic oil tanker. Do we know how long. And what even is race.

Although I'm struggling to keep a straight face. This is a valid conundrum in my inner. You're well placed to send me back to my casual, non-hateful racism phase if this is a hill you can actually stand on.

ursidae

How can ye be sure tis "race" that "has a lot to do with" that Ms Paddington. Would behavioural, environmental and cultural forces not be a more truthful explanation. And would impending epigenetic force not be heritable to an extent.

Could such things not be considered a stress. And could such stress not be a path for people to "lose their health" as Mr Piro put it.

Could we not helicopter drop 2 "east asian" families in to Uzbekistan and force them to live by it. Would they not have more of a "body hair" situation inside of a decade or two and could they not practically breed the "east asian" out of themselves in 2 or 3 generations. I appreciate there are some characteristics that would take longer, they're like turning a genetic oil tanker. Do we know how long. And what even is race.

Although I'm struggling to keep a straight face. This is a valid conundrum in my inner. You're well placed to send me back to my casual, non-hateful racism phase if this is a hill you can actually stand on.

Let me know how Peating works out for your ocular tyrosinase deficiency. Looking at populations that live in a completely different climate, whenever they're affected it appears to be caused by consanguinity and associated with astigmatism, hearing loss and photophobia.... It must be a bad thing then...Oh wait, people don't assume that because they have sufficient exposure to the trait to know better and they don't question it to begin with because its considered a trait of beauty. Being germanic is so Peaty!

Last edited:

ThinPicking

Let me know how Peating works out for your ocular tyrosinase deficiency. Looking at populations that live in a completely different climate, whenever they're affected it appears to be caused by consanguinity and associated with astigmatism, hearing loss and photophobia.... It must be a bad thing then...Oh wait, people don't assume that because they have sufficient exposure to the trait to know better and they don't question it to begin with because its considered a trait of beauty. Being germanic is so Peaty!
🤔 Perhaps this is why I've always had an inherent distain for overuse of sunglasses, stylish as they are. I imagine that and other enzymes have quite the capacity to upregulate in response to borderline irresponsible exposure therapy.

Perhaps this is also why I have such a seasonal proclivity for Taurine consumption, among other dietary oddities. I figured it was the minor pro-dopamine/anxiolytic vibe. Perhaps it is innate wisdom calling :think:.

🤔 Perhaps this is just a cope, or perhaps I am too careless and trusting of the organism I'm occupying. Or perhaps these association studies include large cohorts of people who are too careful, untrusting of theirs and/or stupid.

Perhaps I do have more of a legitimate concern for the melanin deficiency in my skin. Pallorous in the depth of winter, requiring some careful training on the approach to summer. Dealing with that is quite the inconvenience :unamused:.

I will feed back my untimely decline or remarkable persistence in 20 - 30 years. In the meantime I will add, traits of beauty are found all over the world Ms. I for one prefer to feel that when I see them, than presuppose what is or is not.

ThinPicking

Tyrosinase "overexpression" certainly seems to have its fair share of negative association. It's almost as if most, if not all things in this life are a trade-off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals