PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

Syncopated

U rock!!! Well its interesting...I now have stalled weight wise at about 202 pounds but getting leaner...now doubt the 4 days of weight training...scale is no longer moving but honestly leaner...

Report back in 4 weeks, not 4 days.

teds

Forum Supporter
Hi @kreeese

I want to chime in here.
I read the entire thread and no one has mentioned your blood sugar.
My guess is your macros are pretty balanced and steady with your meals...which your body/hormones love.
If this is the case, coupled with your healthy digestion, it makes sense regarding the weight loss.
"You don't lose weight to be healthy, you need health to lose weight".
Not to mention your positive outlook. Very valuable.

@kreeese I was thinking about this post randomly today and wondered about the blood sugar? Is it being measured?

dand

The OP doesn’t even understand the relevance of body temperature and pulse. Never heard of aspirin or niacinaminde. He literally knows nothing about Ray Peat.

He’s now eating high fat and got some short term weight loss. WOOOHOOOO!

Everyone immediately start 60% fat and high sugar!!!! You’ll lose weight instantly !!!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!

You sound bitter. One doesn’t have to be a neurotic Peat know it all to be able to have success applying basic Peat type concepts.

Glassy

Hey again Chris. One thing I’ve learned with weight loss is that the scales can be deceptive but also highly indicative of what’s going on as long as you don’t pay attention to any 1 single reading.

Every morning I wake up (usually naked) have a pee and jump on the scales. I look at my weight but don’t put much into it, sometimes it’s up a bit, sometimes down and sometimes around where I think I am. I upgraded my scales to a facncy set that does BF calcs, water levels, etc. but more importantly it remembers my weights and syncs to my phone. Once a week I download all the weights and plug them into google sheets and look at my average weight for the week. I can see what my average weight was 2, 3 or 50 weeks ago was and I know whether I’m gaining or losing weight and how quickly. I can see the affects of any change in diet pretty quickly and a few Friday night beers don’t leave me wondering if I’ve stacked a heap on. I used to think body weight was a pretty crappy measurement but having the detailed granular data there is very very cool. It’s like taking a stroll down memory lane because I put notes into cells explaining what happened certain weeks or when I started doing something different.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Hey Kreese , good to read you have such good progress

is starch a major component of your diet?

how much more fat do you have to loose?

all the best
I love Steve reeves..!! One of my heroes! True Golden Age of bodybuilding and Physical Culture:) Actually my friend if you read my thread its pretty much a zero starch diet....for about almost 3 months ...However just recently added in a few days of sweet potatoes reg. potatoes some rice etc. and probably about 5 to 7 pounds of fat to lose...You?? Are you an old school lifter like Steve? How is going for you??
Best
Chris "kreese" Rocco

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Good morning from Dreary NYC today! we were hammered yesterday all day and night mix of rain snow and high winds...awful....But a funny thing happened last night which led to a kool revelation...My scale broke...it was an older not super expensive scale probably 8 years old. So I decided to throw it in the trash and not replace it!! It feels amazing and so freeing,,,I decided to no longer weigh myself daily and go deeper within and use my intuition. My gym has a fantastic high end scale that does pretty accurate body fat % so I will use that as a guide every 2 weeks or so. Wondering if anyone here can relate...? That feeling that you lost alot of weight but you have maybe 5 to 10 pounds to go so you always want to hop on and off the scale lollll Hilarious I know!! But THATS IT!!!! no more....I have increased exercise and am tweaking the diet but no more scale thumping:)
I feel I can tell by the mirror by my clothing by measurements and by what other around me are telling me! IM FREEEEEEEEEEE

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Hey again Chris. One thing I’ve learned with weight loss is that the scales can be deceptive but also highly indicative of what’s going on as long as you don’t pay attention to any 1 single reading.

Every morning I wake up (usually naked) have a pee and jump on the scales. I look at my weight but don’t put much into it, sometimes it’s up a bit, sometimes down and sometimes around where I think I am. I upgraded my scales to a facncy set that does BF calcs, water levels, etc. but more importantly it remembers my weights and syncs to my phone. Once a week I download all the weights and plug them into google sheets and look at my average weight for the week. I can see what my average weight was 2, 3 or 50 weeks ago was and I know whether I’m gaining or losing weight and how quickly. I can see the affects of any change in diet pretty quickly and a few Friday night beers don’t leave me wondering if I’ve stacked a heap on. I used to think body weight was a pretty crappy measurement but having the detailed granular data there is very very cool. It’s like taking a stroll down memory lane because I put notes into cells explaining what happened certain weeks or when I started doing something different.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

thats great Glassy...I did not own a fancy scale like that...My gym however has a large very expensive one connected to a laptop and it prints out all the good stuff especially the all important Body fat %

Andman

measuring your waist (and maybe neck) is a great way to keep track of whats happening with body comp imo

Glassy

Yeah, even the really really fancy scales (like the ones in gyms) that measure body comp by electrical empedence are flawed. IMO scales are a pretty useless gauge of your weight trend unless you are averaging your daily weights over a week at least. My weight can fluctuate 3-4lbs over a week depending on what I’ve been up to. They’re nasty bloody devices but can be useful.

I think occasionally using the gym scale while putting little stock in the measurement is not a bad idea.

theLaw

measuring your waist (and maybe neck) is a great way to keep track of whats happening with body comp imo

+1 VOS mentioned this in one of his threads as a method used by the US military.

Interesting to look at men's necks as a sign of androgen production.:thumbsup:

penn-jillette-before-after.jpg

Last edited:

Glassy

+1 VOS mentioned this in one of his threads as a method used by the US military.

The US navy method is interesting in that it doesn’t even use a scale weight to calculate your body fat level and that neck thickness used as a indication of lean mass.
  • Body Fat Percentage Formula
    • Body Fat (women) = 495 / (1.29579 - .35004 * log10(Waist + Hip - Neck) + 0.22100 * log10(Height)) - 450
    • Body Fat (men) = 495 / (1.29579 - .35004 * log10(Waist - Neck) + 0.22100 * log10(Height)) - 450

I periodically take a series of body measurements and have put the navy formula, the YMCA and modified YMCA formula in to automatically calculate my body fat % over time. They all give consistent and expected estimates but for me the modified YMCA estimates 1% higher BF than the Navy call which is about 1% higher than the YMCA.

I personally feel the modified YMCA calculator is the most accurate estimate but it’s not so much about the measurement as the trend. I also measure my flexed bicep diameter (a lean body part) to ensure I’m not too catabolic and also gauge my the slow growth of my guns lol. I do this pretty infrequently (every couple of months) using a cheap plastic tape measure designed for measuring the diameter of body parts.

OP
kreeese

kreeese

Yeah, even the really really fancy scales (like the ones in gyms) that measure body comp by electrical empedence are flawed. IMO scales are a pretty useless gauge of your weight trend unless you are averaging your daily weights over a week at least. My weight can fluctuate 3-4lbs over a week depending on what I’ve been up to. They’re nasty bloody devices but can be useful.

I think occasionally using the gym scale while putting little stock in the measurement is not a bad idea.
i assure you this scale at the gym is one of the most accurate of the bunch...Dexa is the best or underwater weighing being best but this one is krazee good....Obviously like all scales do it consistently nd take an avg. time of day did you eat prior even drink water etc. they also have excellent calipers which they do on you....great stuff Glassy!

OP
kreeese

kreeese

he looks terrible and very unhealthy he looked way better before...:)))) haha

Sobieski

Generally speaking the naturally strongest and most robust males are born with big neck structures relative to the rest of their bodies. If you look at a lot of bodybuilders with big weight room numbers and large muscles, many of them don't look strong because they neglect their necks. Lots of combat athletes, particularly wrestlers, look way more powerful pound for pound due to the size of their necks.

Glassy

i assure you this scale at the gym is one of the most accurate of the bunch...Dexa is the best or underwater weighing being best but this one is krazee good....Obviously like all scales do it consistently nd take an avg. time of day did you eat prior even drink water etc. they also have excellent calipers which they do on you....great stuff Glassy!

A good scale will measure weight accurately. They can’t measure fat accurately, although some measure fat very precisely. Calipers are good if they are in the hands of a skilled operator but I’ve found the tape measure to be the most reliable gauge for my level of leanness (maybe if it was lower calipers would be more ideal).

Yes - I always measured my weight in the morning after having a pee when I’m most dehydrated. I’m interested more in the trend of my weight than the actual measurement but it still fluctuates over the week. For example on Saturday I weighed 100.4kg and 2 days later on the Monday (the day after Deadlifts) I weighed 102.3kg - that’s a 1.9kg (4.2lb) difference. This up and down used to drive me insane because I’d think my weight is dropping and then it would spike and I’d wonder what was going on. Now I just look at it and go “cool - nearly under 100” or “wow must be holding a bit of water” or “when did I last have a good dump?” I don’t think scales are necessary but if I’m going to use them I want them to provide me with beneficial data. The scales interestingly said that my BF went up 1.1% with the 1.9kg (the scales think I gained 1.5kg of fat in 2 days lol - good precision but poor accuracy).

Andman

yea water retention can vary quite a bit, used to drive me mad in my bodybuilding days!

...okay okay, it still does, cutting season is right around the corner after all!

Glassy

It drives you nuts until you know it’s water. Once you realise it’s water you can live with it, but then you start asking yourself why you even weigh yourself if you discount some measurements as water weight. And people wonder why body builders are so neurotic...

tankasnowgod

Good morning..wow...We are gonna get the heat and humidity here in nyc in july..and thats fascinating about who sweats alot who doesnt..I was always a huge SWEATER:) especially at a younger age....do you find fat loss and getting in shape is just so much easier and natural in summer? I feel thats when I can easily drop the pounds I guess due to being outside alot, in the sun and just being more active...I reckon you are in australia?

I'm sure sweating (or excessive sweating) can have a number of factors, but I think salt intake, heat (internal body heat or external), and thyroid status are the three biggest. I remember one time when I took too much T3, I was sweating quite a bit.

Another thing that I've noticed with sweat, is that it tends to smell really bad if you are loaded with iron. As I went through the process of lowering body iron stores, most of the smell would go away. Gym clothes used to be RANK when I was loaded with iron. Now, a if I have a shirt that gets really sweaty, it only smells a bit musty even days later.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals