PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY

EIRE24

I know what you mean. The first day I tried a Tbsp of sugar per hour along with high-dose caffeine (about 200mg/x 3/day) I was sweating bullets and felt really good.
The sweating, I have noticed this too with increased caffeine intake. Was your body odor much stronger and smell of sweat? This is something that was not familiar to me until I began drinking more coffee and eating more protein from beef and milk.

theLaw

The sweating, I have noticed this too with increased caffeine intake. Was your body odor much stronger and smell of sweat? This is something that was not familiar to me until I began drinking more coffee and eating more protein from beef and milk.

At first the caffeine really made me stink, but after I added high-dose aspirin to block pufa release, that went away.

I also stopped using deodorant, because it only seemed to made things worse, and I couldn't find one without harmful ingredients that actually worked.

Arnold Grape

At first the caffeine really made me stink, but after I added high-dose aspirin to block pufa release, that went away.

I also stopped using deodorant, because it only seemed to made things worse, and I couldn't find one without harmful ingredients that actually worked.

Recently I was reading about how magnesium chloride spray can be used as a deodorant alt -- do you think the odor has something to do with chelating iron from your system with high doses of caffeine? A similar thing happens with a lot of b1 or thiamin doses.

theLaw

Recently I was reading about how magnesium chloride spray can be used as a deodorant alt -- do you think the odor has something to do with chelating iron from your system with high doses of caffeine? A similar thing happens with a lot of b1 or thiamin doses.

That's possible, but I think the caffeine necessary to chelate iron is much higher than what I was taking. I still haven't seen any solid numbers on how much iron is chelated using coffee/aspirin/cilantro/etc, so the only studies that have been posted here show pretty high amounts needed, which all pale in comparison to blood-donation if iron is a problem.

I now use Milk of Magnesia as deodorant as it works better than any stick I've tried.

Arnold Grape

That's possible, but I think the caffeine necessary to chelate iron is much higher than what I was taking. I still haven't seen any solid numbers on how much iron is chelated using coffee/aspirin/cilantro/etc, so the only studies that have been posted here show pretty high amounts needed, which all pale in comparison to blood-donation if iron is a problem.

I now use Milk of Magnesia as deodorant as it works better than any stick I've tried.
Wait: You just apply the MOM under your arm? -That's amazing. I'm in USA and a lot of the vitamin places sell the aforementioned magnesium chloride spay which I think I'm going to try. I do feel less sweaty than before I started Peating, when perspiring was a problem.

theLaw

Wait: You just apply the MOM under your arm? -That's amazing. I'm in USA and a lot of the vitamin places sell the aforementioned magnesium chloride spay which I think I'm going to try. I do feel less sweaty than before I started Peating, when perspiring was a problem.

I'll try the spray and report back. Cheers! :)

OP
kreeese

kreeese

morning update...I went pretty krazy yesterday almost 4000 calories of sugar and fat and the scale was up.2 lbs!!!!!point 2....I usually get stuffed at around 3000 calories eating this Peat style...This is Incredible...so 202 this morning after almost a pint of vanilla ice cream late last night with Ghiradelli chips sprinked on top...I love this!!!!
pics comming soon....:)

OP
kreeese

kreeese

one of the tricks I discovered is eating the cocunot oil I like the Spectrum brand...if any of you can recommend a better one please let me know!Im eating easily 4 tablespoons a day

EIRE24

Thanks for the info.

StrongMom

@kreeese

Congrats on your progress! Can you give us a bit more details in terms of food intake? How much do you think you are getting in terms of protein?

I seem to do well with more fat, too. I feel starved whatever I eat if I do not eat enough fat. But how do you lose fat with eating that much fat? Are you restricting sugar? How is your metabolism? Are you tracking temp/pulse etc.? Also, how is your bowel movement? Any changes with the diet? I guess fat is helping. If I do not eat enough fat, I am extremely constipated; even cascara doesn't help.

Apologies for so many questions, but perhaps your experience can help those of us still struggling. Also, if someone can comment on high sat. fat diet from Peat's perspective, it would be very helpful. RP is mostly against high fat diets even if it is saturated fat. He says that sat. fat is fattening too.

theLaw

What do you mean by damage control exactly?

In my opinion most people who fail using Peat's ideas are causing a stress response from caloric restriction, hence the claims of constant hunger.

Switching from calorically-dense foods like starch/pufa to low-fat/fructose/sucrose can be a challenge, so adding healthy fat can help keep your body fueled-up while you change from burning fat to sugar.

Avoid hunger at all costs.

cyclops

In my opinion most people who fail using Peat's ideas are causing a stress response from caloric restriction, hence the claims of constant hunger.

Switching from calorically-dense foods like starch/pufa to low-fat/fructose/sucrose can be a challenge, so adding healthy fat can help keep your body fueled-up while you change from burning fat to sugar.

Avoid hunger at all costs.

I see. Interesting, as this is kind of what I did. For my first few years following Peat I was higher fat, higher carbs, lower protein. Nowadays I am very-low fat, high carb, high-moderate protein.

theLaw

I see. Interesting, as this is kind of what I did. For my first few years following Peat I was higher fat, higher carbs, lower protein. Nowadays I am very-low fat, high carb, high-moderate protein.

The Milkshake Diet!!!:cool:

xkyV6QZ.gif

cyclops

Ha when that movie was made a $5 milkshake was expensive!

But for me too many milkshakes and I start to jiggle when I walk. Kind of like Peat says.

theLaw

Ha when that movie was made a $5 milkshake was expensive!

But for me too many milkshakes and I start to jiggle when I walk. Kind of like Peat says.

Like you said, the higher-fat is only for short-term, while long-term should be low fat until pufa is purged.

Also, Peat's ice cream recipe would probably be much healthier than store-bought (even Haagen Dazs).

Ray Peat Ice Cream Recipe

......and maybe mix in:

Homemade Hersheys Chocolate Syrup Recipe - Genius Kitchen