Progress made but majorly depressed. Life seems not worth it.

OP
T

troubledtimes

Thanks for the input. I notice tho it is easier for me to breathe alot easier when I'm hunched over? Exercise and nose breathing is helping alot but possably maybe there's swelling my wind pipe or here? I've noticed that walking makes me lightheaded but when I'm bike riding I am more hunched over and the hyperventilating does not happen to bad at all? Seems like my position has something to do with this which makes me think it could be a physical issue? I'm not sure but I have noticed that hunching forward helps

Perry Staltic

Thanks for the input. I notice tho it is easier for me to breathe alot easier when I'm hunched over? Exercise and nose breathing is helping alot but possably maybe there's swelling my wind pipe or here? I've noticed that walking makes me lightheaded but when I'm bike riding I am more hunched over and the hyperventilating does not happen to bad at all? Seems like my position has something to do with this which makes me think it could be a physical issue? I'm not sure but I have noticed that hunching forward helps

That's like proning in the hospital where they have patients lie face down on their stomachs. They get better blood sats doing that. Maybe take a pulseox with you when you walk and bike and measure your oxygen at those times. But if you're hyperventilating at those times, then that might not tell you much.

LucyL

How is your sleep? Are you getting at least 8 hours, at the same time every night?

OP
T

troubledtimes

How is your sleep? Are you getting at least 8 hours, at the same time every night?
My sleep is not very great I usually get between 6 to 7 hours but the problem is I wake up many times during the night as well I'm told I do snore.... Not like the huge choking snoring but I'm sure I have a degree of sleep apnea and that could be the problem to. I feel exhausted when I wake up.

ALS

I don't want to sound facetious, but sometimes if you have ***holes in your life, getting rid of them lifts the depression. I don't know if that's the case with you. You may have also gone through a period of high stress. It's only normal to feel that way under the circumstances.

I didn't think I had apnea as I was never told I snored. However, a Dr. at some Doc in the Box clinic made me get a sleep study. and I found out I had severe apnea. I got a CPAP and sleep was greatly restored. No more dragging all day. I was attributing that to my hypothyroidism.

Calcium, salt, and sugar as well as GABA and getting enough protein helps with sleep too.

Possibly thiamine deficiency as well? In addition to above mentioned suggestions. Though if you get a job, try not to get a bull**** one. My current job has me more depressed than ever, stuck at a desk all day doing nothing.
Thiamine is depleted by alcohol, so I second this. Trying 100 mg of thiamine per day could be very therapeutic for breathing, since it increases CO2 levels a lot.

gaze

"I found that when I was feeling sort of gloomy and oppressed, I happened to take a vitamin b1 tablet and within 2 or 3 minutes the sense of gloom and depression and darkness lifted and I realized how important a simple single vitamin could be."

- Ray

Waynish

You still have a memory, right? So you remember that there is no such thing... Be hard on these thoughts, not on your self. Try to eat more & get more light (and less light after 10pm).

LucyL

My sleep is not very great I usually get between 6 to 7 hours but the problem is I wake up many times during the night as well I'm told I do snore.... Not like the huge choking snoring but I'm sure I have a degree of sleep apnea and that could be the problem to. I feel exhausted when I wake up.
I think that is something worth doing a lot of work on. Regular sleep was huge in helping my mental outlook, and I think has some important effects on your overall stress hormone levels.

mostlylurking

I woke up shaking one day and have had the inability to process carbs, alcohol, or caffeine without hyperventilating, getting lightheaded and twitching. I think neurologically or brain wise something is at fault

I think drinking caused some type of problem in my nervous system. I now am conciously and purposley breathing through my nose and it is helping alot. I think CO2 loss is an issue hear.
Thiamine deficiency/dependency. This does not just disappear on its own. Address it and you will be amazed at how much better your feel. Get some thiamine hcl powder. Try taking about 200-250 mgs and note how your body responds to it during the first hour or so. Pay attention to your mood changes, again during the first hour or so. If it makes you feel a little icky, drink some orange juice for the potassium and also for the sugar. Thiamine lowers blood sugar. Thiamine increases CO2.

OP
T

troubledtimes

Thiamine deficiency/dependency. This does not just disappear on its own. Address it and you will be amazed at how much better your feel. Get some thiamine hcl powder. Try taking about 200-250 mgs and note how your body responds to it during the first hour or so. Pay attention to your mood changes, again during the first hour or so. If it makes you feel a little icky, drink some orange juice for the potassium and also for the sugar. Thiamine lowers blood sugar. Thiamine increases CO2.
I'll be getting some more b1 it's hard to say of it was helping I didn't notice anything noticeable and I took 500mg with a b complex. But than again I have read that a b1 deficiency can take up to a year to correct bah thanks for the post though

mostlylurking

I have read that a b1 deficiency can take up to a year to correct bah thanks for the post though
I don't think that's accurate. If you are interested in seeing what B1 can do for someone who is really in trouble, take a few minutes and watch the patient progress videos that Dr. Costantini (of Italy) put up on Youtube. He treated these Parkinson patients with high dose thiamine HCL. I'll post patient #5 videos below, these are very short:

before any treatment, in the hospital, expected to die:

next one; I think first day at Dr. Costantini's clinic:

next one at two months of treatment:

next one at three months of treatment:

There are more in this series for patient #5.

Dr. Costantini's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwsHIcP_h6QVWwd4uRg-HDQ/videos

Davsey85

Yeah could be orhostatic intolerance/pots if your getting lightheaded standing up may be a factor.

Have you had any recent viral infections?

Also if you notice you feel good from bike riding
I would stick with what may be working.

I would caution against strenuous exercise if you are having some of these symptoms

As for depression,outdoor sunlight/redlight can help.As well as reducing blue light/emf after sunset

Last edited: