Progress made but majorly depressed. Life seems not worth it.

troubledtimes

Got rid of habits like drinking but I'm still deeply depressed. I can't get rid of it. Tired of it. Zero energy I'm not working. I walk every day and nothing is sparking in my brain. I'm quiet and I don't say to much. I'm not sure what could treat this

Hugh Johnson

Getting a job helps.

You have deeper issues still. They might not be metabolic, but you should still try out whatever Peat stuff comes to mind. I also suggest more spiritual stuff. Ho'oponopno, meditations from youtube, going to New Age gatherings which have a lot of effective healers for cheap etc

TheSir

How extensively were you drinking? It can take many months to recover from substance abuse. This is known as the post-acute withdrawal syndrome.

OP
T

troubledtimes

How extensively were you drinking? It can take many months to recover from substance abuse. This is known as the post-acute withdrawal syndrome.
My drinking has been on average once a week for the past 2 years. I'm not a heavy drinker anymore because in the past I would drink 2 or 3 times a week and after doing that for 10 years I woke up shaking one day and have had the inability to process carbs, alcohol, or caffeine without hyperventilating, getting lightheaded and twitching. I think neurologically or brain wise something is at fault

MrGilbert

You might want to try liver flushing. Once you are unclogged your energy should come back.

A job is a great idea. Even gigging under the table income. Anything that gets you out socializing, with a purpose.

Perry Staltic

It can take time, plus we're living in a depressive time with everyone going wacko over covid. Getting your mind occupied with something besides yourself would probably help. Job, or volunteer somewhere helping others or learning something new. Stick with it. You forgot to mention the upsides: you respect and care enough about yourself to want to improve and feel better, you have discipline to stop drinking and go for walks. you have an honest heart and are willing to humble yourself to ask for help, you don't give up. You don't realize it now, but those are foundational to your improved mental health.

btw you have no idea how helpless and worthless I used to feel. Stick with it and persevere. You get stronger.

animalcule

Possibly thiamine deficiency as well? In addition to above mentioned suggestions. Though if you get a job, try not to get a bull**** one. My current job has me more depressed than ever, stuck at a desk all day doing nothing.

Elast1c

Got rid of habits like drinking but I'm still deeply depressed. I can't get rid of it. Tired of it. Zero energy I'm not working. I walk every day and nothing is sparking in my brain. I'm quiet and I don't say to much. I'm not sure what could treat this
Life is not worth it no matter what you do in the secular world. It's designed to grind you into a learned helpless gonadless lizard. Life with God on the otherhand makes every excruciating day a gift and a blessing and a teeming with love and life along with every issue that comes along.

Most of all Love.

socializing is the key. That's why a job or gig is really good. If you can't do that, volunteering at a church or some cause can help a great deal.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Getting a job helps.

You have deeper issues still. They might not be metabolic, but you should still try out whatever Peat stuff comes to mind. I also suggest more spiritual stuff. Ho'oponopno, meditations from youtube, going to New Age gatherings which have a lot of effective healers for cheap etc
This is great advice. Honopono really saves me many times. Meditation is good to really start and think positive. Changing your routine is important and every little change matters. Music and dancing to it will help. Checking your blood work and vitamin levels. Each day if you fluid start with gratitude. Animals help a lot and make sure to get some sun. Sounds like you are heading right direction with asking.

OP
T

troubledtimes

I think I may have hyperventilation syndrome something posative has happened in the past day tho. I've been breathing through my nose before it was through my mouth and I am alot less lightheaded and not to twitchy now. My skin even looks healthier??? Also I went for a run. Even tho I was feeling lightheaded and like I was going to passout I pushed through it and got a good amount of exercise... Not just walking but I did more stressful cardio and I've improved greatly.... What's going on here???

Perry Staltic

I think I may have hyperventilation syndrome something posative has happened in the past day tho. I've been breathing through my nose before it was through my mouth and I am alot less lightheaded and not to twitchy now. My skin even looks healthier??? Also I went for a run. Even tho I was feeling lightheaded and like I was going to passout I pushed through it and got a good amount of exercise... Not just walking but I did more stressful cardio and I've improved greatly.... What's going on here???

Mouth breathing is OK when running, but not otherwise. Why were you breathing through your mouth before?

OP
T

troubledtimes

Mouth breathing is OK when running, but not otherwise. Why were you breathing through your mouth before?
I honestly am not sure why the past 2 years I've had this tendancy to breathe through my mouth. I think drinking caused some type of problem in my nervous system. I now am conciously and purposley breathing through my nose and it is helping alot. I think CO2 loss is an issue hear. I was not trying to breathe out of my mouth before it felt like breathing through my nose was suphocating me it was hard very hard at first but breathing through my nose is helping alot. It's calmed things down nervous system wise and panic and lightheadedness wise

TheSir

Cardio can be very healing, and nosebreathing is especially important for wellbeing. If you feel that low co2/hyperventilation is an issue to you, look into the buteyko method in addition to doing cardio, as that will directly improve your co2 levels.

You should only exercise with an intensity that allows you to nosebreathe. Mouthbreathing is the reason even 10% of athletes have asthma.

Perry Staltic

You should only exercise with an intensity that allows you to nosebreathe. Mouthbreathing is the reason even 10% of athletes have asthma.

I can't imagine swimming laps nose breathing. Never even heard of such a thing. I'd have to paddle around like a geezer,

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals