Programmable (Time Triggered) Outlet "Switch"

Cirion

I have been thinking and think to facilitate normal circadian rythyms I need to wake up to bright light. I have looked into light alarms but they either are not bright enough or you can't disable the actual "sound" part of the alarm etc.

I was thinking I'd like to hook up my 300W light to a timer somehow (or even multiple 300W lights to really emphasize the effects). One idea that came into my head... Any way to easily hook up my lamp to a timer that then goes to the outlet? The idea is that the middle man (the timer) blocks current to the lamp until the "trigger" (Setting a time).

Can you buy things like this? I am not sure what it's called so not sure what to google for.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I ended up going with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079N9FW5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 was just about the best reviewed one I could find. There was one better rated, but it involved you messing with installing a new switch, and I felt too lazy for that.

Yeah I have had good experience waking up to light before. As you can probably imagine though, it's only effective if you have gotten enough sleep. I would not necessarily say light "wakes you up as well as an alarm" but absolutely 100% waking up to light is 10x healthier than waking up to an alarm. I try to avoid waking up to an actual alarm at all costs. The idea is that light tends to stimulate T3 production whereas a stressful "alarm" just produces adrenaline for you. Also, alarms usually wake you up in the middle of a sleep cycle which is not good.

One's goal should never be to wake up to an alarm. I would say right now I maybe wake up to an alarm 1-2x a week, even on weekdays.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals