Progesterone

narouz

Peat seems to have some relationship or agreement or something with
the company that makes
"Progest-E."
Isn't that the name?

I've looked into in the past and thought I should try this.
It is progesterone in some kind of Vitamin E oil,
which is the way Dr. Peat has taken progesterone himself.
As I recall he seems to think the Vit E oil is a great delivery substance for the progesterone.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That's Peat own brand that he patented and sales, at least that's what I gathered but I could be wrong. It's quite funny though, you never see him pushing his own product. There is some really great info in his articles, you can do a search on his site about how progesterone works, or you can do a search on our site which I have done for you here in the articles section searching the keyword "progesterone":

search.php?keywords=progesterone&fid%5B0%5D=19

We do not have all his articles posted yet, but I am close.

I also posted up some recent audio interviews with him and he is talking about progesterone there.

I have some progesterone ordered, and am going to start using it. Soon as I have some results I will chime in.

Dr. Peat says as soon at it hits the skin it starts getting absorbed, it does this very well when it's mixed in the vitamin E so that's why he did that.

That's all I got for now.

peatarian

I have been using progest-e-complex for over two years now - orally and topically in big doses.
Yes, it was developed by Ray Peat. But he never ever mentions it in his articles or newsletters. I seem to recall that it is in one of his books.
But since progesterone seems to be the heart of his studies one is bound to stumble across Progest-E-Complex sooner or later.
It saved my life and made it worth living again. Great stuff, no nonsense in there, no side effects.
But until I found out it existed I had tried six crappy progesterone-cremes with lots of unnecessary or harmful stuff in them. (Including John R. Lee's creme ProGest. Luke warm and inefficient but easier to get since John R. Lee was a salesman, Ray Peat is a scientist.)

OP
N

narouz

peatarian said:
I have been using progest-e-complex for over two years now - orally and topically in big doses.
Yes, it was developed by Ray Peat. But he never ever mentions it in his articles or newsletters. I seem to recall that it is in one of his books.
But since progesterone seems to be the heart of his studies one is bound to stumble across Progest-E-Complex sooner or later.
It saved my life and made it worth living again. Great stuff, no nonsense in there, no side effects.
But until I found out it existed I had tried six crappy progesterone-cremes with lots of unnecessary or harmful stuff in them. (Including John R. Lee's creme ProGest. Luke warm and inefficient but easier to get since John R. Lee was a salesman, Ray Peat is a scientist.)

peatatarian--
I also used the Lee progesterone.
Can't really say I experienced any clear effects
although you know how that is:
sometimes good effects are not always clear or dramatic.

Also, I've been a little wary of using high doses of that Lee progesterone
because--and I'll have to think where the source of this info is--
I think Peat said you have to be careful with using progesterone.
I believe he said that you have to use it carefully,
only at the suggested (pretty low) doses,
that it shouldn't be necessary to use it for a really extended period,
and that you need to be ready to adjust dosage downward
because it can effect "virility" (I believe that is how he put it).

And didn't Peat say that, overall, taking Pregnenolone would accomplish
what taking Progesterone would, and more safely?

I am less intrepid than you (or nwo2012) when it comes to
Peat related OTC drugs or prescription drugs.
Chicken. :lol:

So I've been thinking for some time I should try the Progest-E.

(Do you take any thyroid, Peatarian?
Or do you have any views on best brands there?)

peatarian

The difference between you and me is certainly not your lack of intrepidity but your lack of ovaries. I am a woman.
So yes: There is a big difference when it comes to using progesterone and yes as a man you should be careful because progesterone lowers testosterone.

But Ray Peat always amends that there is a difference between men under and over 60. If you are over 60 you can use progest-e-complex without any fears. I would still not recommend using too much but I know of a man who is nearly 70 and who used a bottle of progest-e-complex in a week without any bad effects.

Ray Peat once used 1000 mg of progesterone by accident. This would be the amount a woman will produce during the last three months of a healthy pregnancy. He couldn't feel his arms and legs after that dosage and went to sleep for a few hours. But it didn't harm him in any way.

Men produce progesterone naturally to protect the brain as do women. Only in pregnancy the embryo is equally well guarded.

I can tell you some of the not gender related miracles of progest-e-complex:

I lost a fingernail by closing a drawer with my finger in it. I glued it back on with progest-e, put the hand in a bag filled with CO2 for 30 minutes and applied progesterone for the next two days. The nail grew back on and the finger was never so much as blue or red or anything.

I burned myself pretty badly and had a large wound starting to form a giant blister. I put progest-e on the wound and the next day it was a red spot. It disappeared completely after a few weeks.

After a root canal without narcotics I used progest-e and the pain was gone after a few hours, no bruising.

The bones at the back of my neck rebuilt after years of degeneration after using progest-e for a couple of weeks.

Okay, the rest would be very gender specific but to me progest-e-complex is Asterix' miracle juice and will never again go anywhere without it. I think it could heal a brain injury from car accident just as well as a cut or a stroke. One should have this at home.

OP
N

narouz

peatarian said:
The difference between you and me is certainly not your lack of intrepidity but your lack of ovaries. I am a woman.

ha! :lol:
Okay.
Again, love hearing all that great stuff/stories you relate from Dr. Peat.
And those are some amazing things re progesterone--tales from your own life!

I'm going to order some of that Kenogen (think that's the brand) Progest-E
and give it a shot.
Thanks again, Peatarian.

nwo2012

Yes men be wary. Small amounts only occasionally as needed. Mrs nwo2012 has had nothing short of incredible results with Kenogen. First month of usage saw her first 'normal' period since removal of one ovary (+tumour) 2.5 years ago.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
N

narouz

nwo2012 said:
Yes men be wary. Small amounts only occasionally as needed. Mrs nwo2012 has had nothing short of incredible results with Kenogen. First month of usage saw her first 'normal' period since removal of one ovary (+tumour) 2.5 years ago.

How was your experience with it, NWO?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No I don't. I got it for my mom. I am very hesitate to take it myself since I am already taking pregnenolone.

nwo2012

narouz said:
nwo2012 said:

How was your experience with it, NWO?

Ive only really tried it a handful of times. I had a headache one day and rubbed it on my temples. Headache disappeared within an hour (couldve been coincidence). A couple of times Ive used it when stressed and it definitely is calming. Similar to Peatarian's wound healing, it healed a mouth ulcer very quickly (due to a latex allergy at work!).

This is because Im trying to maximize muscle-mass and libido (arent we all) and therefore afraid of the potential suppression of testosterone.

peatarian

Nwo2012: Have you ever had trouble with pregnenolone? I have noticed that it is sometimes transformed into cortisol.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
peatarian, I am thinking it is doing the same thing to me to. I get a stressed out feeling after taking it sometimes. Think I am going to take a break from it for a while and see if I feel better.

peatarian

Ah, yes, I heard that from some men now. Some notice that their faces seem puffed up or their joints are bloated. I think RP called it 'cortisol theft'. I have not found a solution to this problem yet.

I think if your metabolism is optimal it's not supposed to happen. Somebody on the forum posted he had immediate 'euphoric' effects and the face lift, too. I hadn't heard about euphoria in relation to pregnenolone before but I am a little jealous of the face lifting.

I think this issue also accounts for the fact that Ray Peat doesn't suggest using DHEA as a supplement anymore. If you're metabolism, your environment are optimal you can use DHEA, otherwise it is going to work in not so desirable ways.

I somebody has read anything about the pregnenolone/cortisol conversion problem I would be very interested.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I originally did have the face lift effect with pregnenolone, but now, its seems more of a stress effect thats happening.

nwo2012

peatarian said:
Nwo2012: Have you ever had trouble with pregnenolone? I have noticed that it is sometimes transformed into cortisol.

No I havent, fortunately. No facelift effect but then my skin is always pretty tight so wouldnt be evident. I did notice instant euphoria. The first time I actually felt like I have smoked some weed. lol. But yes I generally have a more relaxed feeling with it. I certainly have much better control over my temper, dont lose it as easily these days. I think the fact that I sip on a concentrated solution of sucrose/salt the whole waking day helps keep adrenaline+cortisol in check.

Birdie

Peatarian, you say you have noticed that sometimes pregnenolone is transformed into cortisol. Did Peat discuss this? Do you know if it was in a newsletter?

peatarian

Birdie said:
Peatarian, you say you have noticed that sometimes pregnenolone is transformed into cortisol. Did Peat discuss this? Do you know if it was in a newsletter?

No, it hasn't been in a newsletter. I know of a man who asked him in an e-mail about it.
It's the reason I cannot use pregnenolone.
But then as a woman you have the possibility of using progest-e-complex and these effects are very obvious to me. I can't imagine going anywhere without a bottle.

MrMoose63

nwo2012 said:
peatarian said:

No I havent, fortunately. No facelift effect but then my skin is always pretty tight so wouldnt be evident. I did notice instant euphoria. The first time I actually felt like I have smoked some weed. lol. But yes I generally have a more relaxed feeling with it. I certainly have much better control over my temper, dont lose it as easily these days. I think the fact that I sip on a concentrated solution of sucrose/salt the whole waking day helps keep adrenaline+cortisol in check.

nwo2012, can you explain more about your sucrose/salt concentrate? It sounds quite interesting. What kind of ratio are you using and at what times?