Progesterone

Rosealind

Hello. Rosalind from Australia here.

I've just started taking Progest E.

When it starts working, what sort of improvements should I notice?

J

j.

If you have something you need to get done, like a job, I think you shouldn't take supraphysiological doses of progesterone. It makes you so relaxed it's very difficult to do anything you don't really want to. You might not care about any responsibilities and just take a nap. But if you don't have a deadline to finish something, I think it might be a great experience.

Jib

I just got some Progest-E. Recently sliced my finger at work -- a box slipped and papercut it, but instead of just making a cut it actually sliced a flap of skin off. It looked pretty nasty.

I should've written this down because my memory is horrible and I have no idea what day it was when it happened. But it's been somewhere around 4 days of applying Progest-E to a band-aid, leaving it on overnight and changing it the next day for a fresh one.

The first few days I didn't notice too much. But today I took the band-aid off and it's almost completely healed. I couldn't believe it when I looked at it. Just yesterday it hurt really bad to make a fist -- too much to close my finger up all the way. Today the pain is just about gone, it's light pink and the wound has completely closed up. It was a fairly big open red wound just the day before.

I actually was using medical tape instead of a band-aid for the first couple days. Not sure if the band-aid held the Progest-E against the wound better. But yeah. To say the least I'm thoroughly impressed. It took a little while to kick in but that did one hell of a job.

OrangeJello

Just wanted to know about progesterone in men? Does it help hair growth? I am wondering what effects it has. doesn't seem like muchy yet. I would consider my self gender non conforming so the feminizing wouldn't be such a bad thing, not that I want to transition. But curious to know more info.

chelle86

Re: Progesterone purchases

I just thought I'd give anyone purchasing progest-e a heads up.... I have been trying to purchase from Ark of Wellness, and have never gotten any email back through her only way to contact her on her website. I got ahold of her phone number from a sister website of hers and tried to call her because I had a unique out of country shipping question, and I've never been treated so rudely before. She was not interested in helping me with my one question, and has never gotten back to me through her website contact. I have found that Electrical Body.com @ http://www.electricalbody.com/product/e ... oducts.htm has the cheapest prices that I've found and I've not had any problems with them at all. FYI

J

j.

For those who tolerate a micronized progesterone, I advice against Progest-E, unless it's for use in small doses, because it has the disadvantage that needs to be kept in the refrigerator.

rooz7939

Hello everyone, new member here. I was actually going to write a post in the meet and greet section but for progest-e related questions I thought I'd try this thread. I've been reading and researching Dr. peat's work for a few months now and have just started on the diet, coming out of a VLC diet and two high stress years; going through what felt like my body feeding on itself, destroying my skin, lean tissue and most probably bones too.

I've also dealt with what I consider to be estrogen dominance on occasion; once during puberty with symptoms like a massive increase in body hair, worse than normal acne and skin issues, hair loss (ongoing for a few years now) and fat/weight gain. I've been seeing some of these symptoms re-appearing lately (actually they seem to be getting under control), less the weight gain. I have actually lost about 15 lbs of fat from my body in the past 6 months or so; which I believe has actually put my body under some stress (because of malnutrition in some part), as well as some of the estrogen stored in fat being dumped back into my body. I've seen my body hair grow even more, my hairloss speeding up, as well as some skin issues like small brown pigments appearing on my skin; which I think is because of damaged cell mitochondria and from stress (and estrogen dominance).

I've come to the conclusion that, in order to help my body deal with clearing things up, I could employ progesterone and its protective, and anti-estrogen effects. Still I'm somewhat concerned about using hormones, especially what is considered a female hormone (I should have probably mentioned earlier, I'm a 29 year old guy); I've also read in some articles that, if used incorrectly, it might actually have the exact opposite effect.

I've already bought the progest-e complex and I'm thinking of taking a leap of faith and see what happens, and just go with my symptoms. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what dosage I should use, or opinions about whether I should use progesterone at all. Thanks for reading such a long post, and I do apologize if this is not completely relevant to the topic of this thread, but I would really appreciate any help/comments.

Dean

rooz, I don't have any insight for you. All I can recommend is to read the discussions here about progesterone. From my own reading, opinions and experiences vary, especially as related to use by men.

I, myself--a late 40's male, have been considering giving progesterone a try. It seems to me if you start slow (small dose) and pay close attention to how it is affecting you, the risks--especially long term--don't seem high. For some men (probably a vast minority though), it does appear to present the possibility of being a game changer for the positive. So, depending on your curiosity and/or desperation level, it may make all the sense in the world to give it a shot.

I, too, would be interested in hearing more from anyone's (male, particularly) recent experiences and recommendations about how to start, proceed, watch for, etc.

OP
N

narouz

Boy this is an old thread. :eek:

rooz-
Generally speaking, Peat recommends pregnenolone to men
instead of progesterone--
to achieve the same ends.

But there has been an interesting twist in that script recently
by a new-ish poster called "kineticz" I think.
He says that pregnenolone has adverse effects in his own experience.
You might like to check that out.
He and a poster called "haidut" have been exploring that.

beachbum

Hello everyone,

All I have to say progesterone saved me. Also you must use alot to overcome estrogen dominance. After reading the site www.progesteronetherapy.com I found out that I was using too little. If I could afford it I would use at least 500mg a day. Im currently using about 250mg a day. I never realized how important progesterone is and how much is need at first to overcome estrogen dominance then you can reduce to keep your prog/estro ratio at 600-1. I posted on that site I posted above my test results and she said ( now mind you she reads hundreds of female and male results) she never seen such a low ratio. I had a feeling because I felt like I was dying. So far I have been using progesterone for almost a month now. I was lucky to find a 10 percent dose, meaning 1 pump equals 125mg. I m looking for other ways to help increase progesterone along with cream. I have very high testosterone ( I'm a 51 year old female) and found out that vit d, mag, fish oil, zinc increase testosterone which I know for sure because anytime using them at least in supplement form caused excess androgens. So anyway Im still studying Dr Ray Peat thoughts way. One thing is pregnenolone that I need to research more to see which path it is most likely to take. I don't want to waste money on it to find out it makes me wired or something else crazy.

Well thank you for listening to my in sights.

Hello all.

I am new to this site, but not to Peat.

What is a good website to buy Progest-E from? I've found 3 or so that sell it, but which one is recommended on this forum?

Thank you very much.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hello all.

I am new to this site, but not to Peat.

What is a good website to buy Progest-E from? I've found 3 or so that sell it, but which one is recommended on this forum?

Thank you very much.
I've had the best experience by purchasing directly from the manufacturer kenogen. Their email address if you are interested in going that route is [email protected]. Other than doing that I found Long Natural Health to have the fastest shipping but they also seem to charge the most $$ the last time I checked.

I've had the best experience by purchasing directly from the manufacturer kenogen. Their email address if you are interested in going that route is [email protected]. Other than doing that I found Long Natural Health to have the fastest shipping but they also seem to charge the most $$ the last time I checked.
Cool!

So most people order from Long Natural Health?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Cool!

So most people order from Long Natural Health?
I'm not really sure if there is one place in particular that most people on the forum order their Progest-e. Perhaps one of us could create a poll to find out? Besides Kenogen and Long Natural Health the only other U.S. source still in business that I'm aware of is Electrical Body.

Birdie

I used Electrical Body last time.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

Bumping this thread to bring it to the front again. Wanted to share my personal experience and my journey with progesterone in the form of Progest-e in the hopes that others might benefit.

Stage 1:

I tried Progest-e for a couple of months to no avail and with estrogen dominant symptoms increasing. Things like general blah, bloated feeling, headaches (NEVER had headaches before), emotional sense of frustration and anger where I was never this way before. During this stage 1 of my journey with Progest-e, I was using only 3 drops a day - very little as per Peat's recommendation. Something told me intuitively that progesterone was needed, but I was not having much luck. Rather than giving up, I persisted.

AND THEN...

Stage 2:

I read this thread and because of Peatarian, I gained the confidence to use more. I also went to the progesteronetherapy site mentioned above and read as well, that high doses are needed for a while to turn the system from estrogen dominant to progesterone dominant.

Sooooooo, in one day in the midst of a headache and from frustration about feeling soooo off, and after hours and hours of research, I boosted my Progest-e up to around 300mg a day. OMG after my first high dose, I felt like a new person in literally 20 min. Headache disappeared.

Rather than new person, I should say more like myself again - normal, happy, high energy etc., etc., Also, within 3 days of this high usage my period returned after being tenuous for months coming and then coming - sort of perimenapausal like. My way of application is a blend between lips and inner gums and rubbed on either arms and legs. Covering my bases sort of and also wanted both the quick mouth absorption and the slower transdermal/muscle/skin absorption.
I have been using high dose, between 200-400mg for four months - since July.

Stage 3:

Now I feel the urge to reduce to around 150 mg in two doses - morning and night (1/2 life of progesterone is 13 hours - so always want to have some in me). I have been using this lowered dose for one week as oral dose on lips and gums. So far so good. When I feel myself a bit stressed or in a stressful situation, I take a third dose immediately upon recognizing the stress and it takes it away within minutes and I am back in happy, chill mode. I continue my "normal" morning and evening dose no matter what and not deviating because I took an extra dose.

Will probably be on this regime for a while - years to come. I will see, watch myself and adjust as necessary.

I must say that like others mentioned earlier on the thread, I never leave home without a bottle and I never let myself run short. I use Long Natural Health to order and have found them amazing and super customer friendly.

Hope this helps others on their journey.