Progesterone

tara

:+1 Thanks for chiming in @tara! Your responses are so wise, balanced, and reasonable.
Ta. Sounds like you've done lots more research on this one, which is cool. Your assessment about its safety after reading widely about the pros and cons is reassuring from my PoV.

papaya

Hello,

I first had to find a high dose Progesterone cream which I did called ona. Befoe I found the progesterone therapy site I was using around 40mgs a day and made me extremely worse that I end up in the er because my health was bad before using it and found out my estrogen progesterone ratio was really bad. So I found the high dose cream 10 percent ( 1 pump is 125mgs), and used at least 300mg and kept using more until may symptoms got better. Im up to 500mg a day or more. It does make me sleepy but push through it. On the progesterone therapy site I think she mentions it starts decreasing in 12 hours so I at least put it on in the morning and night and through out the day. I also been waking up middle of the night and put more on because I believe I use it up fast. Like lisa said stress of any kind depletes progesterone, even overeating, strenuous exercise.

I hope I answered your question.
that sounds great, maybe i should try that before i try the progest e. where do u put it on your body? i do like that u can use progest e internally but the dose dose seem very low.

papaya

I am not sure I am adequate to give recommendations and also I am not sure about creams. I would check out this site:

http://www.progesteronetherapy.com/ - look past the push to "sell their cream". Great info on the site! I read sooooo many threads where people post their concerns and receive responses.

For me, Progest-e is simply cleaner and more effective then creams. Hard to advise you based on your doctor's recommendations. You basically have two choices: a) trust your doctor and follow recommendations or b) trust your own intuition and follow that inner guidance.

Personally, I am self directing my health. Also, again I personally would choose Progest-e over creams because of purity. Creams are suspect contents. Also, is the Progesterone truly USP Natural like in Progest-e?

I simply crossed an internal line and said, DONE, I am boosting up - simply fed up with feeling soooo off and not myself. Also I have high risk tolerance for self directing my health. I have basically been doing this for 20yrs. I never saw in all my research a big risk for bumping up. I decided to do it for a month and see. Twenty minutes after my first bump upwards, I knew my answer. I made the right choice.

Hope this helps! Not sure it has, but sending you good thoughts for your journey :)
how many drops do u use a day? i want to try progesterone but it seems that it's hard to get a high dose using progest e, i feel like the bottle would only last about a week. have u tried any other progesterone products?

L

lollipop

how many drops do u use a day? i want to try progesterone but it seems that it's hard to get a high dose using progest e, i feel like the bottle would only last about a week. have u tried any other progesterone products?
Hi @papaya, 1/4 teaspoon is 100mg. When I bumped it up because I felt the need, I took this twice a day - morning and evening. Sometimes if VERY stressful, 3 times a day. Do not remember how long a bottle lasts, seems like it lasted longer than a week, but maybe not. Excuse me, did not track that. I always keep like three bottles in fridge, so always prepared.

I tried a cream a few years ago, did not really do much and gave up on it.

tara

i do like that u can use progest e internally but the dose dose seem very low.
Some people get benefit from small amounts of progest-e, but here are also people who have used 100s of mg of it, too.

papaya

Hi @papaya, 1/4 teaspoon is 100mg. When I bumped it up because I felt the need, I took this twice a day - morning and evening. Sometimes if VERY stressful, 3 times a day. Do not remember how long a bottle lasts, seems like it lasted longer than a week, but maybe not. Excuse me, did not track that. I always keep like three bottles in fridge, so always prepared.

I tried a cream a few years ago, did not really do much and gave up on it.
thanks lisa!

papaya

Some people get benefit from small amounts of progest-e, but here are also people who have used 100s of mg of it, too.
thanks tara! do u know of a place to order the powdered progesterone in bulk? i'd love to just make my own if it's possible.

tara

thanks tara! do u know of a place to order the powdered progesterone in bulk? i'd love to just make my own if it's possible.

Sorry, no idea.
I think there may have been some related discussion in this thread:
Progest-E Tastes Different

Peat's patent may have clues about process.

Birdie

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals