unnamed

I am starting to doubt progesterone supplementing in pregnancy since I know someone who took natural progesterone and it made her spot during early pregnancy. This study claims that adults whose mothers took progesterone in pregnancy are more likely to be gay or bisexual. I was under the impression that excess estrogen from plastics and whatnot (especially during critical stages of development) caused homosexuality and gender dysphoria. I would like to know how homosexuality develops and can be prevented or mitigated hormonally. Progesterone and bisexuality: Is there a link?

boris

This was discussed in this thread: Perinatal Administration Of Aromatase Inhibitors In Animal Models Of Human Male Homosexuality

"The 17 men and 17 women were selected because their mothers exclusively received the progesterone lutocyclin"

Lutocyclin is not progesterone. It's a synthetic progestin.

Unfortunately, those synthetic compounds have a variety of functions unlike progesterone, including some estrogenic and/or androgenic and/or glucocorticoid and/or antiprogesterone functions, besides other special, idiosyncratic side effects. The rationale for their use was that they were "like progesterone, only better." The unpleasant and unwanted truth is that, as a group, they are seriously carcinogenic, besides being toxic in a variety of other ways.

haidut

Forum Supporter

And estrogenic at that (as most synthetic progesting are, so the title of the study should really have been "Using estrogenic endocrine disruptors during pregnancy increases chances of homosexual offspring".
"...Similarly, although ethisterone showed estrogenic effects in the uterus and vagina in rats..."

@unnamed

EchoTango

This was discussed in this thread: Perinatal Administration Of Aromatase Inhibitors In Animal Models Of Human Male Homosexuality

"The 17 men and 17 women were selected because their mothers exclusively received the progesterone lutocyclin"

Unfortunately, those synthetic compounds have a variety of functions unlike progesterone, including some estrogenic and/or androgenic and/or glucocorticoid and/or antiprogesterone functions, besides other special, idiosyncratic side effects. The rationale for their use was that they were "like progesterone, only better." The unpleasant and unwanted truth is that, as a group, they are seriously carcinogenic, besides being toxic in a variety of other ways.
Great information!