Progesterone - Urticaria, Joint Stiffness, Arthrosis: Help For My Mom

marteagal

[ moderator edit: post moved from: Progesterone ]

@beachbum, @lisaferraro, I hope you don’t mind me asking two more questions. I appreciate your first-hand experiences sooo much.

The progesteronetherapy website and Katharina Dalton have stressed that adrenaline prevents progesterone from working. When you plucked up the courage to take your 300+ mg dose, were there any precautionary steps you took, for instance, did you eat an extra meal or take extra salt beforehand to ensure that adrenaline was low enough and that a boost of metablism wouldn't cause trouble?

Lisa, as you take Progest-E: Have you ever experienced blood thinning effects from all the vitamin E contained in Progest-E?
And, do you take extra vitamin K as it seems K gets depleted by excess vitamin E ?

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lollipop

@beachbum, @lisaferraro, I hope you don’t mind me asking two more questions. I appreciate your first-hand experiences sooo much.

The progesteronetherapy website and Katharina Dalton have stressed that adrenaline prevents progesterone from working. When you plucked up the courage to take your 300+ mg dose, were there any precautionary steps you took, for instance, did you eat an extra meal or take extra salt beforehand to ensure that adrenaline was low enough and that a boost of metablism wouldn't cause trouble?

Lisa, as you take Progest-E: Have you ever experienced blood thinning effects from all the vitamin E contained in Progest-E?
And, do you take extra vitamin K as it seems K gets depleted by excess vitamin E ?

Hello @marteagal! I wanted to acknowledge seeing your request and I want to give you a thorough answer. Am swamped these days until Mon due to clients and the holiday. I promise to circle back next week with a detailed response and include even ideas you did not ask about :): Have a wonderful weekend!

beachbum

Hi Marteagal,

First I just ate alot mostly carbs because certain foods made me worse. I craved potatoes, milk, even fatty foods like Fried type foods mostly french fries and salt and ketchup. This did help my symptoms alot. Strange enough that was before I came across this forum. I personally stopped supplements and also found out I was very allergic to yogurt. As for using cream it is more cost effective for me and I apply it into the vagina which kicks in within an hour. On the PT site she says it doesn't say in the tissue. I personally believe that because if that was the csse I wouldn't need to apply so much or even through out the day. Lol I wish it did then I I would have a steady flow.. not.. as for eating I eat when I hungry and I also stopped over eating ..that helped alot. I hope I answered your questions. If I didn't then for me you may have to word it differently. :):rolleyes: my next step I believe is I need some kind of exercise.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

L

lollipop

Hi @marteagal!

I had already started eating and exploring Ray Peat concepts for about a year before I stepped it up, so I must have had enough fuel and sucrose/fructose. Honestly I did not even link the two, though that would now be my advice - lol.

I literally jumped in one day after researching and contemplating for over a month. Something was not "right" in me and I knew it. I preferred not to jump into thyroid hormone as I felt that was a tricky path AND knew I was at the periomenopausal stage of life. Before this I had kept my hormones regulated with Maca root for estrogen and Vitex for progesterone which worked until it didn't. I also think the Vitex lowered libido too much (a side effect actually).

One day, that fateful evening, I was simply FED UP with not feeling myself and remembering that when I initially used progest-e I had noticed a HUGE change in my nerves. The next door neighbor's reconstruction on his condo no longer caused an "edge" in me. My ability to tolerate things with more patience greatly improved. I had not remained consistent and now realize was not taking enough for me. Remember everyone is different and it requires conscious experimentation.

Now I actually consider it a miracle substance.

*For example: my body began fighting a virus while at a social event with all the typical "flu" symptoms. I had nothing on me to help except my progest - e which I never leave home without. I went and got it out of my purse took an extra dose similar to my normal evening dose and within a few minutes felt it disseminating through my system and ALL my body aches disappeared and my swollen lymph nodes went down. I reached home later took 2 Aspirin (325mg) with milk and within 20 min felt like my system beat the virus (not sure so believe it is exogenous anymore) or at least ALL the symptoms disappeared.

*Another example: I felt a headache beginning to arise while working the other day, all I had on me again was the progesterone. Took again an extra dose of my normal 2 times daily dose and headache gone simply gone.

*Dosing is key and for me, I only need those 3 or so months of high dose, then I could bring it back down towards lower doses. I needed the kick from high dose, low doses were not doing it AND my intuition felt progesterone was key for me.

I find these two substances: Aspirin and Progesterone, along with a thyroid friendly "Peaty" diet pretty miraculous for me anyway...

Hope this helps!

OP
M

marteagal

Thank you, beachbum and Lisa for those new useful details!

I conclude that I should not worry too much about vitamin E’s blood thinning effects and eating extra.

Now it’s up to me. Unfortunately, my mother is still on T3 (but “non-responding” to it). The interaction between T3 and progesterone makes things more complicated. I will first lower her T3 dose by skipping the afternoon dose which is about ~15 mcg. Instead of it, I will ask her to build up progesterone while keeping an eye on potential side effects (e.g., palpitations).

OP
M

marteagal

Now I feel the urge to reduce to around 150 mg in two doses - morning and night (1/2 life of progesterone is 13 hours - so always want to have some in me). I have been using this lowered dose for one week as oral dose on lips and gums.

@lisaferraro, when you take the 150 mg dose on your lips and gums, I guess the major part of it will be swallowed before getting fully absorbed, what do you think?

Did you or @beachbum recognize loss of excessive weight (just in case there was any in the first place)?

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro, when you take the 150 mg dose on your lips and gums, I guess the major part of it will be swallowed before getting fully absorbed, what do you think?

Did you or @beachbum recognize loss of excessive weight (just in case there was any in the first place)?
Some gets swallowed but most is on gums and lips - slow absorption. I can feel it...

No excessive weight loss at all.

OP
M

marteagal

Thank you, I take this as saying that you didn't have weight to lose :)
Btw, the experiment is running ...

L

lollipop

Thank you, I take this as saying that you didn't have weight to lose :)
Btw, the experiment is running ...
I wish I didn't have weight to lose o(^_-)O Really think this form of eating is anabolic and I gained weight and size. It also showed me how I was undereating and stressing my body to stay thin. Now I am closer to healthy balanced body and size :):

OP
M

marteagal

Lisa, feeling better and balanced is more important!
I just thought that if high doses of progesterone powerfully lowered estrogen, then losing weight would be a positive side effect, besides eliminating flu symptoms, headache, etc.

L

lollipop

Lisa, feeling better and balanced is more important!
I just thought that if high doses of progesterone powerfully lowered estrogen, then losing weight would be a positive side effect, besides eliminating flu symptoms, headache, etc.
I totally forgot one thing @marteagal, part of that high dose I applied on arms or legs with each application. My reasoning: a good portion would have direct absorption through gums and some would be slow absorption through tissue thus giving me a continual dose. Progesterone has a 1/2 life of 13 hours.

OP
M

marteagal

Hi! About a week with daily 150-190 mg progesterone is over now. My mother reported moderate calmness/sleepiness but this dose also seems to induce some sort of cognitive slowing, evident when playing Rummikub. Effects on urticaria/hives, which were one of the main reasons for taking the higher progesterone doses, could be better. Do you think that we are on the right track? I guess, more severe symptoms such as stiff joints, arthrosis and the like are a matter of months. I am not sure whether to increase the dose further. The fact that her hives haven't completely disappeared speak in favor of increasing the dose, the cognitive slowing against it. I hope, the latter is just a side effect from GABA activation ...

@ moderators: I realize that I have hijacked the thread. Sorry for that. Should I open a new one?

L

lollipop

Hi @marteagal,

Your dilemma is one that I do not have any confidence in my knowledge base to help you. :imsorry Wish I could.

I think it would be a great idea to start a new thread and ask for advice. I am not sure I would use progesterone exclusively for hives. I would use as one in a group of substances.

I would also include antihistamines. Natural is my preference. Things like quercetin, turmeric (Gaia herbs has one called Turmeric Allergy that is amazing), bromelein, Lysine etc.

OP
M

marteagal

Thanks! Also for your link to Haidut's response in the other thread. Well, she is still on an antihistamines; Cypro isn't available here.
So I'll try to find out the optimal progesterone dose by experimentation.

beachbum

Thanks! Also for your link to Haidut's response in the other thread. Well, she is still on an antihistamines; Cypro isn't available here.
So I'll try to find out the optimal progesterone dose by experimentation.
Hi

Just giving my experience. My estrogen was very high and researched for answers. I recommend reading this site www.progesteronetherapy.com that helped me alot. I had to start my dose well over 500mg. I am now steady at 300mg depending on stress, over eating which I don't do anymore, big difference ( it's a stress response), over exercising basically anything that causes stress and other facts like age and of course hormone levels. .duh. I use alot at first from stress and I have only one ovary which is pretty much nonfunctional. As for starting on a high dose, if you don't use enough at first it will keep circulating testosterone first then estrogen. Just read that site I posted.

I hope it helps.
Beachbum

OP
M

marteagal

Thanks for weighing in, @beachbum. I did read the progesteronetherapy website. However, I am still a bit frightened at the high vitamin E dose coming with Progest-E. Unlike you, I do not have access to progesterone cream, but it's easy to get Progest-E.
We are currently @ 200 mg progesterone. I'll push it to 300 mg.

beachbum

Thanks for weighing in, @beachbum. I did read the progesteronetherapy website. However, I am still a bit frightened at the high vitamin E dose coming with Progest-E. Unlike you, I do not have access to progesterone cream, but it's easy to get Progest-E.
We are currently @ 200 mg progesterone. I'll push it to 300 mg.
Where do you live. The cream I use has approximately has 25ui a dose so I get about 100 a day. So not sure how bad getting alot of E does, what would be the effects of to much E. Also space out your progesterone doses. I use it in morning and through out the day according to symptoms and just before bed, I always use it in the morning and at night, some times I dont have time throughout the day to put it on. Also the reason I use the cream is because the company I get it from has 10% concertration, one pump is 100mgs of progesterone and 25 ui E, at that percent I won't go broke. This is the brand I use Ona's Natural Progesterone Cream

Hugs to you.
Beachbum

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom