Progesterone success stories (men)

Matestube

Any male on here is taking progesterone with positive effects?
Anecdotal experience from other forums seem to only be pointing to sexual castration and fat redistribution akin to women's.
Granted they may be:
1) using too much
2) not using androgens along with progesterone

My goal in using it is to displace estrogens at the tissue level: I have low e2 levels and high prolactin on bloodwork, I remember @haidut saying this was a sign of high tissue estrogen levels.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I have been using very high doses to suppress inflammation in lieu of prescribed prednisone. I matched ther prednisone dose for few days and am tapering off.

I have been so sleepy and relaxed, but yes, no morning wood and lower sexual thoughts. It seems to have done its desired effect. My throat was so inflamed and it was alleviated with progesterone instead of prednisone.

I typically use progesterone with DHEA when I feel like I am too tender, nervous, and getting heart palpitations. It seems to manage it well.

Like you, I'd also love to hear more from others' experiences.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Did this last all day long or could you use it at night (or late afternoon) without suffering any diminished energy levels the next morning?
Seems to hit as soon as darkness sets.

Beastmode

Always positive for me at age 43. Progest-e is my "go to" when I sense it's needed. I'll use it as a nootropic with my morning latte's or for general use when I feel run down, which isn't often, or when my body asks for it (i.e- kinda like asking for more salt in my food.)

opethfeldt

Even drinking too much coffee causes similar symptoms to taking progesterone for me. There have been times in the past that progesterone worked well for me but over time it always ends up making me feel worse, giving me a feminine fat distribution and decreasing the size of my muscles. Especially the traps and delts. DHT has much the same anti stress effects as prog with none of the drawbacks so that's what I focus on these days. Seems some people do great on prog, though. I think it's just something to experiment with.

Mossy

I have been using very high doses to suppress inflammation in lieu of prescribed prednisone. I matched ther prednisone dose for few days and am tapering off.

I have been so sleepy and relaxed, but yes, no morning wood and lower sexual thoughts. It seems to have done its desired effect. My throat was so inflamed and it was alleviated with progesterone instead of prednisone.

I typically use progesterone with DHEA when I feel like I am too tender, nervous, and getting heart palpitations. It seems to manage it well.

Like you, I'd also love to hear more from others' experiences.

I only took small amounts but got higher libido from it, more morning wood etc.

Always positive for me at age 43. Progest-e is my "go to" when I sense it's needed. I'll use it as a nootropic with my morning latte's or for general use when I feel run down, which isn't often, or when my body asks for it (i.e- kinda like asking for more salt in my food.)

high dose prog + dhea - hard as a rock
If time allows, could you share if you're using topically or internally? Thanks in advance.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Even drinking too much coffee causes similar symptoms to taking progesterone for me. There have been times in the past that progesterone worked well for me but over time it always ends up making me feel worse, giving me a feminine fat distribution and decreasing the size of my muscles. Especially the traps and delts. DHT has much the same anti stress effects as prog with none of the drawbacks so that's what I focus on these days. Seems some people do great on prog, though. I think it's just something to experiment with.

That's unfortunate I remember Haidut saying progesterone had at least the same anti catabolic properties as testosterone and that prog + dhea was even more effective than test.
I guess I'll stick to T and DHT.

Mr.Cacciatore

I used progesterone for a quite a bit of time. I am also using testosterone (both injections and topically on the face for the anti wrinkles effect) and hcg alongside with it but it seems that progesterone decrease my erection quality and morning wood. I am not sure why, it's not the lack of androgens for sure, but probably something else.

gabys225

You should search for @SonOfEurope 's posts. They're incredibly helpful if you want someone with profound real world experience using progesterone. There's also chapter 27 in Nathan Hatch's book **** Portion Control. It's worth the purchase.

aquila2009

I’ve been using 2 drops of the idea labs stuff morning and evening with DHEA for about a week and the results have so far been profound. Brain fog, focus issues, low energy, and lack of emotions gone. Sex drive and stamina great. I can feel joy again. I’ve also lost a couple pounds and hit a 215 kilo deadlift pr today. No more cold hands and feet. Literally all my problems gone. Hope to keep it up and sustain this with good nutrition.

I know this sounds incredible but I really ****88 myself up with dieting, fasting and alcohol use.

Last edited:

sunny

Could you give an approximate amount and type of progesterone that was used? I give my husband one drop of Progest-e, so about 5 mg, each night while I am using it for 13 days per month. The idea is that Dr. PEAT has mentioned a small amount in men can increase testosterone. I don't have any lab tests, but he has not seemed to suffer any adverse effects from this.

golder

I’ve been using 2 drops of the idea labs stuff morning and evening with DHEA for about a week and the results have so far been profound. Brain fog, focus issues, low energy, and lack of emotions gone. Sex drive and stamina great. I can feel joy again. I’ve also lost a couple pounds and hit a 215 kilo deadlift pr today. No more cold hands and feet. Literally all my problems gone. Hope to keep it up and sustain this with good nutrition.

I know this sounds incredible but I really ****88 myself up with dieting, fasting and alcohol use.
Nice, was this Cortinon 3:1?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals