Progesterone/pregnenolone/dhea Supplements

Gohan

Hey guys/girls i am thinking about taking progesterone/pregnenolone/dhea supplements and wanted to ask about everyone's thoughts on the dosages/how should i start and will my body stop producing it's own if i start supplementing with that? if yes will it continue if i stop? And do i need to cycle this supplements or not?

Arnold Grape

IME I would begin at low doses of some type of Preg/ Dhea combo (e.g. Pansterone) if your diet and thyroid is in a good place. From there I would cycle off every three-four weeks because you will accumulate tissue stores of these hormones.

OP
Gohan

Gohan

IME I would begin at low doses of some type of Preg/ Dhea combo (e.g. Pansterone) if your diet and thyroid is in a good place. From there I would cycle off every three-four weeks because you will accumulate tissue stores of these hormones.
What will happen with my own production of prog/dhea?? Will it affect it? And should i be concerned with some side effects like loss or boost of libido/testosterone/estrogen etc? I don't want to consume something that lowers my libido :D

Arnold Grape

What will happen with my own production of prog/dhea?? Will it affect it? And should i be concerned with some side effects like loss or boost of libido/testosterone/estrogen etc? I don't want to consume something that lowers my libido :D
There are copious threads dedicated to the subject which you can and should read through before beginning a supplement. A lot of this will depend on your age and gender, as well as your current health and the possibility of underlying situations. You might gather as much as you can and then still be thrown by experimenting with something. My experience with virtually any supplement is that rarely do two people experience the results in the exact same way. That said some things, like progesterone, could influence testosterone over time, which is easy to determine and stop to reverse. The most obvious (and safe way) to do any of this is get a blood test and determine deficiencies and not just mess with your hormonal setup in wanton fashion.

Lurker

Physiological doses are in the <10mg range. Definitely don’t exceed with DHEA. The other two can be more flexible especially with stress. Impurities can be a problem at higher doses. For example, I read an account of some sourced pregnenalone containing large amounts of DHEA which can be huge problem in bulk. So get a good reliable source. From reading Peat’s patent for Progest-E the vitamin E (tocopherol) seems to be a good carrier for these steroids with excellent absorption.

OP
Gohan

Gohan

I am a male with DHEA-S levels of 7,8 mmol/l. Is that fine?

OP
Gohan

Gohan

My FSH is 1,5 mU/ml which is i guess pretty low.. Have an idea how to optimize these two?