Progesterone/perimenopause

teds

Forum Supporter
Ladies- some help- I’ve cycled progest-e 2nd half of cycle for a while. How does it work w perimenopause/menopause? How have people cycled or dosed through the month? Appreciate hearing what you’ve tried. :)

sunny

If you are still having a menstrual cycle, continue with the two weeks of cycle to mimic what body naturally does. If no cycle, according to Dr Peat you can do 3 weeks, and take one week off. The week off is to reset liver enzymes. If you are in the transition stage of getting irregular periods - no rhyme or reason to when they will happen, then you can do the 3 weeks on, one week off - and if a menstrual cycle happens to show up, stop the progesterone for a week, and then resume again.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Thanks for that!
If you are still having a menstrual cycle, continue with the two weeks of cycle to mimic what body naturally does. If no cycle, according to Dr Peat you can do 3 weeks, and take one week off. The week off is to reset liver enzymes. If you are in the transition stage of getting irregular periods - no rhyme or reason to when they will happen, then you can do the 3 weeks on, one week off - and if a menstrual cycle happens to show up, stop the progesterone for a week, and then resume again.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Help me help my sister. I don't know much about the female cycle.

2 weeks on till the period/bleeding, then 2 weeks off?

sunny

Help me help my sister. I don't know much about the female cycle.

2 weeks on till the period/bleeding, then 2 weeks off?
Example: if she has a 28 day cycle, the first day of menstruation is day one. Count 13 days, take progesterone from day 13 thru day 26. Stop progesterone, menstruation should start 2 days later on day 28.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Example: if she has a 28 day cycle, the first day of menstruation is day one. Count 13 days, take progesterone from day 13 thru day 26. Stop progesterone, menstruation should start 2 days later on day 28.
yay, great explanation, thanks a lot

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
yay, great explanation, thanks a lot
Theoretically.. some women cycle 26 days or longer.. 31.. the concept I believe is that progesterone sup to start at ovulation. If your sister knows this then that’s the ideal day to start if she’s cycling regularly...

sunny

Women need to adjust for the number of days in their cycle. My example was a 28 day cycle- the one I am most familiar with.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Women need to adjust for the number of days in their cycle. My example was a 28 day cycle- the one I am most familiar with.
Oh for sure! Just thought I’d post it out to him bc he may not know that :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals