Progesterone Or Pregnenolone For Men?

mandance

Hey gang, I have been searching the progesterone threads, trying to find more out about it. I've spoken with peat about it also because he recommended it to me. My question though is, how safe is it to dose as a man who currently has low testosterone already? I know peatatarian mentioned it a lot that she didn't think a man under 60 should take it, which is I think what peat had said also and maybe peat didn't remember that I had low t so my question is...could I make matters worse or is it safe? Thanks.

Mastemah

1 drop a day for those with vasectomies. More short term for stress. It can reduce androgens and lower T.

Pregnenalone is better for men.
300 mg once a week or 50mg a day is typical. More during stress. Have taken 1000mg at a time under stress. Make sure that sugar ,salt, protein and vitamin A are up to par.

Eat liver and get enough cholesterol daily.

Have you looked into DHEA. Thats powerful stuff!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mastemah said:
Have you looked into DHEA. Thats powerful stuff!

What did you notice from taking it? I guess in your practice you have people take it to? I have never looked into DHEA but you have piqued my interest.

Progesterone, taken in physiological doses (a man produces 3-5 mg / day) should be just fine. It is the body's natural adversary of estrogen and very safe. I observed a quick reversal of estrogenic symptoms such as chest fat, water retention by taking a spoonful of Progest-E a day. It promotes deep sleep as well.

In anti-aging circles 100 mg orally per day is used in men with high estrogen or symptoms such as male pattern baldness and prostate enlargement.

jyb

I'm a male of 26. I experimented with pregnelonone (Beyond a Century from last year) and can't say it's been positive. Maybe it's because on times I tried it, I took too much (I think 40mg per day at the least and usually 2 or 3 times that).

However, progesterone has been more useful. In the past year I've only used it on a few occasions when things got worse. If a day I have say a headache (rare), I put a few drops of progest-E on my lips every few hours.

jyb

unexamined_whimsy said:
jyb, it appears that pregnenolone supplementation is a mixed bag. Could you describe its effects on you?

So far, over the few experiments I done the last year, either I see no effect or I don't feel great or get more acne prone. Note that I am hypothyroid and can often get those symptoms, so the latter two may or may not be due to pregnelonone - I will keep experimenting once in a while. But overall, I think the effects are either negative or non-existent. Never felt more relaxed or anything due to it (but I did feel more relaxed with many other RP suggestions discussed on this forum).

I always took it with sugar as recommended, but always at least 40mg straight away. Next time I experiment, I'll do a very small dose for a few days.

OP
mandance

mandance

I was using 50mg every 3 days and have good results with it, beyond a century brand. It made my mood better and helped with stress.