Progesterone Making Me Exausted?

Diesel

I can speak for myself and say 20 mg is alot for men it made me a zombie with 0 sex interest and no morning wood..

I'm down to 1 - 3mg a day so basically a small dap of transdermal cream of progesterone and feel relaxed, not exhausted but still weird my body is waking me up earlier than usual and I wake up every other hour after that.

I feel it lowers my cortisol throughout the day and raises it in the morning to the point that it asked me up.

I ate a big meal of coco oil juice toast and cottage cheese and still woke up so it's not diet related
Nick
Raising your cortisol levels in the morning is good as long as its not raising it too high. But if you think its raising your cortisol too early and waking you up then you might want to wait and take that dose in the morning. And if you think that your cortisol level is dropping too low during the day, you can take another small dose of 1-3mg during that time and see if that improves your symptoms. Ideally you want to take very small doses throughout the day to help prop up your cortisol levels but not too much that would push it too high.

Sinjin

Now if you were to break that 20mg into about 3 to 4 small doses and apply it every 3 hours throughout the day then that's a different story. There is a big difference in 20mg in one dosing vs 5mg 4 times throughout the day. The best way to apply these hormones is to apply small doses throughout the day, this minimizes the possibility of hormones running in excess for too long and causing all types of issues.

The half-life of progesterone is supposed to be 25-50 hours so it might be that smaller frequent doses aren't that much safer.

Nate suggested that increasing dietary calcium helps mitigate the effect of anti-libido effects progesterone because the anti-libido effects are partly due to calcium being redirected away from the balls.

Prog also decreases co2 so you maybe that's a factor in the tiredness/listlessness.

Antonello

I take progesterone before bed and I also wake up at 6am very groggy...feels like low cortisol.
Im wondering if for support healthy cortisol rhythm would be correct to apply one drop progest E x 3a day from afternoon to night.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals