Progesterone Is Weird

Hairlosssucks

The very first time I took it (Progest-e). I felt euphoric and calm. Now any time I take it I just get body aches and weird symptoms, is it just Progest-e that’s causing this.? And every time I use it my shedding gets way worse the next morning @haidut any thoughts?

Last edited:

baccheion

The very first time I took it (Progest-e). I felt euphoric and calm. Now any time I take it I just get body aches and weird symptoms, is it just Progest-e that’s causing this.? And every time I use it my shedding gets way worse the next morning @haidut any thoughts?
Progesterone can lower testosterone in addition to estrogen. It also increases GABA. Do you have signs of magnesium insufficiency? Potassium? Sodium?

Luckytype

You may have some other stuff going on here dude. Progesterone is shunted into cortisol when stress needs it. Whats your actual caloric and carb intake?

sladerunner69

Can you describe the body aches?

petal

Hello, this post is obviously from a very long time ago, but I am experiencing something very similar to you and would love to hear if you reached any conclusions? Thanks!

kimbriel

Hello, this post is obviously from a very long time ago, but I am experiencing something very similar to you and would love to hear if you reached any conclusions? Thanks!
Progesterone - especially low-dose progesterone - stimulates Estrogen to release into the tissues. We call that Estrogen kickback. That's probably what you're experiencing.

petal

Progesterone - especially low-dose progesterone - stimulates Estrogen to release into the tissues. We call that Estrogen kickback. That's probably what you're experiencing.
I thought that might be the case but it seems to still be lowering estrogen in terms of symptoms-- no sore boobs before period, no cramps, no clotting etc. I've found that taking sort of huge doses of magnesium seems to help the body aches etc. that started happening. So maybe progesterone ups the body's need for magnesium?