Progesterone Is Effective For Sciatica

Herbie

Back story: I have two herniated spinal discs in the lumber spine. Im not sure if its from the car wrecks, sporting accidents or being a car mechanic which did this damage or the poor diet and stressful western lifestyle making the body weak. I have had back pain since I begin physical work at age 14 now 31. 18 months ago I started going to the gym in attempt to make myself more robust, I used to go to the gym in my early twenties and did a few years as a personal trainer. I started getting intense pain in my right glute and radiating into my calf all the time and I stopped going to the gym and the pain got worse and I could not stand up for more than 1 minute or walk properly without being in intense pain, it stayed like this for the whole time until now and I went to chiropractor, osteopath,physical therapist, doctor and surgeon and all thought the nerve function was fine and the discs were not inflamed. I was in the chek institute and have many resources on the body and posture etc and attempted to use this knowledge as well to no avail. It made life hard to put it lightly, I could not work and ended up homeless, lived in my car for 3 months earlier this year and ended up becoming a taxi driver because I don't need to be able to stand or walk in order to survive. Now I have my own apartment and work full time, 70 hours a week sometimes 16 hours a day which is great that I can handle it but being homeless will motivate a person.

Recently I went to a chiropractor each week and this gave me some relief and improvement, my posture is already almost perfect and I'm very healthy besides this issue.

I have been experimenting with progesterone and was putting it on the damaged discs which didn't do a lot but the last 3 nights I've been applying around 100mg of progest-e on the glute muscle where the actual pain is and its completely taken away the pain and gets better each day. Its amazing really. Ray has written this in his book progesterone in orthomolecular medicine and where I got the idea. Also I have been taking magnesium each night and having cheese and milk from what Ray Peat mentioned in his book about calcium and magnesium. It hasn't killed my androgens because I still get nocturnal erections every night.

I thought this was worth writing about because its not well documented how much progesterone to use and it doesn't seem popular to use such a large dose topically and its usually discouraged to experiment like this but it works and no other health professional knew how to heal it. I think for other people, never give up, keep exploring no matter how unbearable life has been.

Over the 18 months I did try many things like high dose aspirin, high dose gelatin, but it didn't do anything.

HDD

@Benyamin Bulluc Thanks for sharing this! I’ve been dealing with sciatica for a few weeks now. My pain is in my quad and I also have numbness. I’ll try high dose progesterone topically tonight and see if it relives the pain. Thanks again.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

@Benyamin Bulluc Thanks for sharing this! I’ve been dealing with sciatica for a few weeks now. My pain is in my quad and I also have numbness. I’ll try high dose progesterone topically tonight and see if it relives the pain. Thanks again.

You could try it on the quad or on the lumber spine discs themselves as thats where the nerves originate from.

Regina

Back story: I have two herniated spinal discs in the lumber spine. Im not sure if its from the car wrecks, sporting accidents or being a car mechanic which did this damage or the poor diet and stressful western lifestyle making the body weak. I have had back pain since I begin physical work at age 14 now 31. 18 months ago I started going to the gym in attempt to make myself more robust, I used to go to the gym in my early twenties and did a few years as a personal trainer. I started getting intense pain in my right glute and radiating into my calf all the time and I stopped going to the gym and the pain got worse and I could not stand up for more than 1 minute or walk properly without being in intense pain, it stayed like this for the whole time until now and I went to chiropractor, osteopath,physical therapist, doctor and surgeon and all thought the nerve function was fine and the discs were not inflamed. I was in the chek institute and have many resources on the body and posture etc and attempted to use this knowledge as well to no avail. It made life hard to put it lightly, I could not work and ended up homeless, lived in my car for 3 months earlier this year and ended up becoming a taxi driver because I don't need to be able to stand or walk in order to survive. Now I have my own apartment and work full time, 70 hours a week sometimes 16 hours a day which is great that I can handle it but being homeless will motivate a person.

Recently I went to a chiropractor each week and this gave me some relief and improvement, my posture is already almost perfect and I'm very healthy besides this issue.

I have been experimenting with progesterone and was putting it on the damaged discs which didn't do a lot but the last 3 nights I've been applying around 100mg of progest-e on the glute muscle where the actual pain is and its completely taken away the pain and gets better each day. Its amazing really. Ray has written this in his book progesterone in orthomolecular medicine and where I got the idea. Also I have been taking magnesium each night and having cheese and milk from what Ray Peat mentioned in his book about calcium and magnesium. It hasn't killed my androgens because I still get nocturnal erections every night.

I thought this was worth writing about because its not well documented how much progesterone to use and it doesn't seem popular to use such a large dose topically and its usually discouraged to experiment like this but it works and no other health professional knew how to heal it. I think for other people, never give up, keep exploring no matter how unbearable life has been.

Over the 18 months I did try many things like high dose aspirin, high dose gelatin, but it didn't do anything.
Yeah, I've had trouble in the past with a piriformis with aikido. I think because we take a half-stance (hanmi) posture where one piriformis is shorter. The sciatic nerve runs under the piriformis. But I think you are correct. It is estrogen causing the nerve under the piriformis to swell.
Body workers and chiropractors miss this point.
Progesterone and gonadin seem to knock the estrogen out and the "syndrome" goes away.

schultz

I had a bout of sciatica half a year ago or so. It was the first time I've ever experienced it and it really is quite debilitating. I have a lot more sympathy for people with those sorts of problems now! I actually got rid of it by taking high dose progesterone orally. At first I applied it to the area and it helped but it didnt go away completely. After taking it orally it was gone within 3 days. I went from not being able to stand up to forgetting that I even had a problem to begin with. Incredible results. It hasn't come back either.

Peater

I'm sure I saw someone mention topical progesterone helping with frozen shoulder on here. Does anyone have a quality source for the UK? My shoulders are both pretty dire, limited range of motion and painful. I think technically it is arthritis but it turns out that's quite a 'catch all' term.

An MRI showed scar tissue build up, possibly from bad form at the gym, or my line of work (Construction)

I'd be the happiest man alive if I could get back into the gym.

HDD

@schultz Thanks for sharing! What dose did you take? I used 50 mg last night, topically (25 mg on painful quad and 25 mg at base of spine). I didn’t use 100 mg since I’m almost out of progesterone and I thought 50 mg might be enough for me since I probably weigh less than @Benyamin Bulluc? I weigh 128 lbs. Topically definitely relieved the pain. It was the first night I haven’t had trouble getting comfortable enough to fall asleep. My pain lessens when I walk around but worsens by the evening, making sitting and lying down painful.

This is definitely a different animal than other lower back strain I’ve ever had. I believe it’s what has been causing my husband’s stabbing leg pain that he has had for over a year. He used progesterone topically for a while but, unfortunately, it was used like “a rare perfume”. I definitely have more sympathy for him now!

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I had a bout of sciatica half a year ago or so. It was the first time I've ever experienced it and it really is quite debilitating. I have a lot more sympathy for people with those sorts of problems now! I actually got rid of it by taking high dose progesterone orally. At first I applied it to the area and it helped but it didnt go away completely. After taking it orally it was gone within 3 days. I went from not being able to stand up to forgetting that I even had a problem to begin with. Incredible results. It hasn't come back either.

Appreciate ya

OP
Herbie

Herbie

@schultz Thanks for sharing! What dose did you take? I used 50 mg last night, topically (25 mg on painful quad and 25 mg at base of spine). I didn’t use 100 mg since I’m almost out of progesterone and I thought 50 mg might be enough for me since I probably weigh less than @Benyamin Bulluc? I weigh 128 lbs. Topically definitely relieved the pain. It was the first night I haven’t had trouble getting comfortable enough to fall asleep. My pain lessens when I walk around but worsens by the evening, making sitting and lying down painful.

This is definitely a different animal than other lower back strain I’ve ever had. I believe it’s what has been causing my husband’s stabbing leg pain that he has had for over a year. He used progesterone topically for a while but, unfortunately, it was used like “a rare perfume”. I definitely have more sympathy for him now!

Im 140-150 pounds. Hopefully you can get some more progesterone

HDD

Im 140-150 pounds. Hopefully you can get some more progesterone

I’m not that much lighter. Lol. I ordered a few bottles of progesterone today and it has already shipped. Yay! I think the dose I took last night plus 25 mg orally this morning has already helped. I painted a room for several hours today and I have minimal pain. I painted a few days ago and by the end of the day my leg was really hurting. I think I have enough to do 50 mg tonight, too. I’m so glad you posted about progesterone helping you. I was taking just a small dose orally and never thought to use it topically.:thankyou

Elize

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I am going to try this. Which topical progesterone are you using. I am 99 pounds also on thyroid meds. What dose shall I use?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I am going to try this. Which topical progesterone are you using. I am 99 pounds also on thyroid meds. What dose shall I use?

progest e. Ray says start with 10mg per hour which is around 3 drops of progest e. I used that much because i have experimented with it and take it before bed and so i could cover the whole area. You may not need that much.

HDD

I actually took 200 mg of progest e the last two nights before bed. 1/4 tsp for painful quad and 1/4 tsp at the base of my spine. I looked up the mg in 1/4 tsp this morning on the forum (something I had quoted, ha) I saw more improvement this morning; pain in quad significantly less than previous morning. I’m still amazed at these results!

Milena

I'm sure I saw someone mention topical progesterone helping with frozen shoulder on here. Does anyone have a quality source for the UK?
I get mine from Haidut's Idealabs via this site. Very quick delivery about 5 days. Also Progest-E was got in by my local supplement store (needed to buy 2 bottles) not cheap.
For frozen shoulder -Bowen therapy has be proven quicker than surgery.
Good luck and keep updating.

Peater

I get mine from Haidut's Idealabs via this site. Very quick delivery about 5 days. Also Progest-E was got in by my local supplement store (needed to buy 2 bottles) not cheap.
For frozen shoulder -Bowen therapy has be proven quicker than surgery.
Good luck and keep updating.

Damn, I only just did an order! I've put off surgery as none of the other surgical procedures for skeletal issues I have had have been very satisfactory. And once it's done, there's no going back. I'm just hoping 3x cortisone injections have not done any permanent damage.

Thanks for the Bowen tip - what sort of time frame did you see progress with it?

Milena

Damn, I only just did an order! I've put off surgery as none of the other surgical procedures for skeletal issues I have had have been very satisfactory. And once it's done, there's no going back. I'm just hoping 3x cortisone injections have not done any permanent damage.

Thanks for the Bowen tip - what sort of time frame did you see progress with it?
I didn't have that problem - I had sciatica, but there was a regular physio and football FA physio on my course specifically to learn it. I think they some studies on their official sites (there are a couple of registers of practitioners) I did my training 15 years ago for home use only. I think it was reported to be twice as fast as surgery. It's a combo of Bowen and specific stretching exerises from what I remember. Pretty cheap and we'll worth finding an experience practitioner.

I'm on my phone and can't look but I think there are also some YouTube vids as it is quite a well known method now.

Good luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals