Progesterone In Men

I suspect that progesterone causes me a bit of ED. I think it may be due to a lot of estrogen leaving the cells. So maybe I should just power through it. Any thoughts?

I took pregnenolone last night. Felt less sensitivity in the penis this morning. Don't like that lack of feeling. Is it from progesterone internally produced or estrogen released from cells?

haidut

Forum Supporter
ecstatichamster said:
post 119480 I took pregnenolone last night. Felt less sensitivity in the penis this morning. Don't like that lack of feeling. Is it from progesterone internally produced or estrogen released from cells?

I have not seen cases where pregnenolone raises estrogen. If it did that prolactin would also increase and it does not in the studies I have seen. I would try a lower dose. The right dose of pregnenolone should make you warm and fuzzy and relaxed, not numb anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
haidut said:
post 119537
ecstatichamster said:
post 119480 I took pregnenolone last night. Felt less sensitivity in the penis this morning. Don't like that lack of feeling. Is it from progesterone internally produced or estrogen released from cells?

I have not seen cases where pregnenolone raises estrogen. If it did that prolactin would also increase and it does not in the studies I have seen. I would try a lower dose. The right dose of pregnenolone should make you warm and fuzzy and relaxed, not numb anywhere.

I noticed on the aforementioned progesterone pages website some comments from men who reported using progesterone and experiencing less penile sensitivity. I think this is what's happening for me. I am taking 100mg every other day. Maybe I'll see what happens...

Orion

ecstatichamster said:
post 119538
haidut said:
post 119537
ecstatichamster said:

I noticed on the aforementioned progesterone pages website some comments from men who reported using progesterone and experiencing less penile sensitivity. I think this is what's happening for me. I am taking 100mg every other day. Maybe I'll see what happens...

I have been doing only 10mg under the tongue every day, and seems to provide lots of benefits. Mainly sleep and skin improvements, which I associate with it opposing the stress hormones. Every couple days I use 1 drop of pansterone as well. Try smaller doses and let dissolve under the tongue.

James_001

Orion said:
post 119545
ecstatichamster said:
post 119538
haidut said:
post 119537
ecstatichamster said:

I have been doing only 10mg under the tongue every day, and seems to provide lots of benefits. Mainly sleep and skin improvements, which I associate with it opposing the stress hormones. Every couple days I use 1 drop of pansterone as well. Try smaller doses and let dissolve under the tongue.

Are you male? can you describe the sleep benefits? thanks

haidut

Forum Supporter
Orion said:
post 119545
ecstatichamster said:
post 119538
haidut said:
post 119537
ecstatichamster said:

This is to be expected. An old human study found that even 1mg pregnenolone before bed restored disturbed sleep. In lower doses (<50mg) pregnenolone stays as pregnenolone in the blood stream and if it converts it is to progesterone and DHEA. When there is a big flush of pregnenolone in the bloodstream the body converts it into the long-term storage form pregnenolone sulfate (PS). Pregnenolone is a GABA agonist and opposes ACTH release (as does progesterone), while PS is GABA antagonist and has no effect on ACTH as far as I know.

Orion

James_001 said:
post 119547
Orion said:
post 119545
ecstatichamster said:
post 119538
haidut said:
post 119537
ecstatichamster said:

Yes male.

I believe it helps oppose cortisol, so I can now go close to 8hr stretches of uninterrupted sleep. No wakeups from cortisol and adrenaline maintaining blood sugar levels.

Started 'peating' about 2months ago, displacing all starch with sugar (tons of white sugar), lots of salt, 10mg preg a day, bringing my vit k2 up to 20mg/day, oral and dermal magnesium, daily zinc and 1 grain NDT per day. These things have really got the ball rolling for me, but the 10mg/day preg seems to be a real bottleneck opening supp for me. Started taurine yesterday, which is supposed to help even more with liver sugar storage.

James_001

Orion said:
post 119552
James_001 said:
post 119547
Orion said:
post 119545
ecstatichamster said:
post 119538
haidut said:
post 119537
ecstatichamster said:

Yes male.

I believe it helps oppose cortisol, so I can now go close to 8hr stretches of uninterrupted sleep. No wakeups from cortisol and adrenaline maintaining blood sugar levels.

Started 'peating' about 2months ago, displacing all starch with sugar (tons of white sugar), lots of salt, 10mg preg a day, bringing my vit k2 up to 20mg/day, oral and dermal magnesium, daily zinc and 1 grain NDT per day. These things have really got the ball rolling for me, but the 10mg/day preg seems to be a real bottleneck opening supp for me. Started taurine yesterday, which is supposed to help even more with liver sugar storage.

Just wanted to clarify, you are using progestrone right? not pregnenolone?

Is the k2 oral?

thanks

Orion

James_001 said:
post 119571 Just wanted to clarify, you are using progestrone right? not pregnenolone?

thanks

Oh, yes pregnenolone, which should convert to progesterone. Preg is recommended for males to get progesterone, also under the tongue or transdermal/skin is the best way to take I believe.

Sol Invictus

My sole reason for starting progesterone was hair loss. I was hoping to reverse it. I have a diffuse pattern rather than mpb. I started taking it at the same time I started this diet. I began with 6 to 9 drops daily. For two weeks I felt great, more energy, better libido, and started training again. After two weeks of this dose I began to experience symptoms of cold feet and hands (never felt this before). I would get up in the morning feeling normal, but after my first meal in the morning as my temp would rise my hands and feet would begin to freeeze. They would stay like this all day until going to bed. I ignored it for a while because I still felt great and thought my body just had to get used to it.

By the end of 6 months I had reduced the dose to about 3 to 4 drops and had gained 10 pounds of fat (glucose intolerance?). My hands and feet were still freezing even though my core body was hot. Temp was 98.4 to 99 and pulse was 85 to 90. I would get insomnia if taking progesterone too close to bed and wake up sweating. I had slight swelling under my eyes (water retention), achy joints and nail ridges. All symptoms I never had before. As for my hair it did shed less (almost to nothing), but it became dry and brittle and I got more grays. Nothing grew back. My beard also got some grays which I did not have before. My facial skin and hands/feet also got dryer. My leg muscles also felt weaker. I would sweat a lot and get breathless when doing anything slightly physical.

After a month of stopping progesterone my symptoms have begun to heal. Also, I notice that iron rich meals and supplementing Vitamin A have helped to calm things down especially the breathlessness and nail ridges.

I am totally confused about some of the things I experienced like cold hands and feet even when pulse and temp were okay. This symptom would always come about when eating. Did I make myself glucose intolerant with so much progesterone? Did I cause an imbalance with DHEA?

I recently read that healthy young men produce from 5 to 15 mg daily. I have also been reading that progesterone must be in balance with estrogen in the body or it can cause a host of problems. Balance is the key I was taking way too much. You can

And for diffuse hair thinning maybe DHEA is more important since it is primarily caused by cortisol.

Lucas

I quit progesterone today. Was taking 50 mg before bed. For sleep it is good but it gets my libido to zero it was to sedative but the most important thing is that i lost muscle mass since in the gym i get weaker and weaker. Today is my first day with no progesterone and i fell very angry most because i dont sleeped well last nigth.

dookie

I've experimented with both pregnenolone and progesterone. In my experience, they both seem to lower cortisol, but they increase estrogen. In high doses though, they may increase cortisol, not sure.

Progesterone caused:

Shrinking of penis, shrinking of testicles, low libido, lack of orgasm feeling, less motivation, etc. These to me seem to be the lowered testosterone effects. These are actually not bothersome so much to me, since I have often experienced painful, excessively swollen erections in the past, like an allergic enlargement of the genitals, and progesterone does definitely help that (and I think has general anti-histamine or anti-serotonin effects).

But then there are the effects I interpret as elevated estrogen: enlarging of thighs, lips, ****, breasts, water retention, hyper-pigmentation of face, etc.

I think I may just be hyper-sensitive to estrogen, or have some issue, as even thyroid or aspirin cause me elevated estrogen symptoms (more than progesterone).

Progesterone definitely has some great potential, and I have noticed some benefits too, like thicker/stronger hair and pink gums, but the estrogen increase (and the testosterone decrease) are just too much, making it a supplement I only use on very rare occasions.

If anyone has any ideas on how to avoid the lowering of androgens or the increase of estrogens while taking progesterone, please speak up :)

dookie

Also, I'm really thinking of pharmaceutical aromatase inhibitors lately. If an aromatase inhibitor such as aromasin/exemestane causes decreased estrogen along with increased progesterone and androgens, why don't we just use that? Aromatase inhibition seems safer for guys than using progesterone or pregnenolone, which have effects that seem a bit more unpredictable.

dookie

My sole reason for starting progesterone was hair loss. I was hoping to reverse it. I have a diffuse pattern rather than mpb. I started taking it at the same time I started this diet. I began with 6 to 9 drops daily. For two weeks I felt great, more energy, better libido, and started training again. After two weeks of this dose I began to experience symptoms of cold feet and hands (never felt this before). I would get up in the morning feeling normal, but after my first meal in the morning as my temp would rise my hands and feet would begin to freeeze. They would stay like this all day until going to bed. I ignored it for a while because I still felt great and thought my body just had to get used to it.

By the end of 6 months I had reduced the dose to about 3 to 4 drops and had gained 10 pounds of fat (glucose intolerance?). My hands and feet were still freezing even though my core body was hot. Temp was 98.4 to 99 and pulse was 85 to 90. I would get insomnia if taking progesterone too close to bed and wake up sweating. I had slight swelling under my eyes (water retention), achy joints and nail ridges. All symptoms I never had before. As for my hair it did shed less (almost to nothing), but it became dry and brittle and I got more grays. Nothing grew back. My beard also got some grays which I did not have before. My facial skin and hands/feet also got dryer. My leg muscles also felt weaker. I would sweat a lot and get breathless when doing anything slightly physical.

After a month of stopping progesterone my symptoms have begun to heal. Also, I notice that iron rich meals and supplementing Vitamin A have helped to calm things down especially the breathlessness and nail ridges.

I am totally confused about some of the things I experienced like cold hands and feet even when pulse and temp were okay. This symptom would always come about when eating. Did I make myself glucose intolerant with so much progesterone? Did I cause an imbalance with DHEA?

I recently read that healthy young men produce from 5 to 15 mg daily. I have also been reading that progesterone must be in balance with estrogen in the body or it can cause a host of problems. Balance is the key I was taking way too much. You can

And for diffuse hair thinning maybe DHEA is more important since it is primarily caused by cortisol.

Did you notice estrogen effects from progesterone?

What type of vitamin A are you taking and how much? Do you notice it reverses some of the side-effects of progesterone?

tara

Was taking 50 mg before bed. For sleep it is good but it gets my libido to zero it was to sedative but the most important thing is that i lost muscle mass since in the gym i get weaker and weaker.
That seems like a high dose for a male. Was there a reason for taking so much? Did you try a small amount (eg 3-10mg) before going to 50mg? The symptoms you describe sound like they might be expected from large doses. I found ~10mg doses to have some effect (eg help sleep), and I'm female so likely could use more than most males.

James_001

Also, I'm really thinking of pharmaceutical aromatase inhibitors lately. If an aromatase inhibitor such as aromasin/exemestane causes decreased estrogen along with increased progesterone and androgens, why don't we just use that? Aromatase inhibition seems safer for guys than using progesterone or pregnenolone, which have effects that seem a bit more unpredictable.

Just take proviron....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals