Progesterone In Men?

bradley

I've scoured Ray Peat's articles and interviews, and still can't get a difinitive answer on this.

When would it be recommended for a man to supplement with progesterone? I'm speaking systemically rather than for localized conditions (skin/arthritis).

Any experience from the male members here?

Thanks!

cliff

Pregenelone would probably be better in just about every situation.

OP
bradley

bradley

Hi Cliff, thanks for the response. Topical cream or as a pill?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Pete, welcome to the forum! :welcome

Thank you for clearing that up. I totally missed that one.

pete

Progest-E Complex (28 ml @ $22.95)
http://www.electricalbody.com/product/natural-progesterone-oil.htm

Dr. Peat's patented natural progesterone formula in natural vitamin E comes in a 10% solution, one drop containing about three milligrams of progesterone. Normally, the body produces 10 to 20 milligrams per day. A dose of 3 or 4 drops usually brings the blood levels up to the normal range, but this dose can be repeated several times during the day if needed to control symptoms.

answersfound

Can i just take this stuff everytime I get a stress response and my body temperature drops? Right now it is at about 97.7(under arm). If so, I would end up taking atleast 10 drops a day, probably more to keep my temperature up. The progest-e has been helping stop the cold hands and feet pretty quickly. Pregnenolone gives me high estrogen/cortisol symptoms and makes me angry so I no longer am taking that. I am also beginning to take Thyroid-S. I am a 24 year old male.

Also with the dessicated thyroid, I am at a grain after one week. Can i increase quickly since im not at 98.6 yet or do i need to do half a grain increase for a week, etc.

tara

I won't comment specifically on progest-e for males.

I think if you are going to try NDT it is wise to ramp up slowly, because it hangs around for a long time in your body if you get too much. Memory says start with a 1/4 grain, increment every 3-4 weeks till you get to a good level. Others may know better - I haven't done this.

How's your diet now? Are you getting enough protein, carbs, minerals, vitamins, calories etc? It is important to have enough regular nutrition to support thyroid supplements. For people who have been malnourished for a while, that can lower thyroid function. If this is the cause, eating enough for a while may solve some of the problems, specially seeing as you are young. You need to be eating enough if you are taking thyroid anyway, or it may result in more stress.

jyb

I'm a male and experimented with DHEA, progest-E and pregnenolone in the past.

For a while, I couldn't make pregnenolone to work in a good way so I only used the former two. However, these were only for occasional uses, when my health hit a low, not for more than a few days consecutively. For example, a few drops of progest-E would end some headache after a few hours. And RP has cautioned about using those often, except progest-E for women.

I now only take pregnenolone. I chose a quality source (health natura), had the initial uncomfortable reaction for 1-2 days (a little bit of adrenalin-like symptoms - not so bad either). Then the bad reaction faded away and I never got it again, even when going off a few days and back on.

Pregnenolone has been for more not just easier for me use, as I can take it daily without worry, but it's also more effective than progest-E.

coloron

Hello there!
Are there any situations in which they should take PROGEST E also men?
Maybe swelling (due to the sport), BHP, fat on the abdomen, gynecomastia ....
What are the effects?

G

gummybear

Im a male and I've used progest e with good results. I feel calmer and less anxiety when using it. Haven't changed my libido or muscle mass when ive taken it.

coloron

Thank you!
And what dosage you used?
Should I make a salivary test before I try it?
I mean test for estrogen and progesterone.

charmer

The reaction will be individual anyway, try with one drop and see what effect it has on you. You may fall asleep. Overall, I don't think it's a right supplement for men. GABA and glycine have sedative effects, cyproheptadine too. Cascara and rhodiola help lower cortisol.

johnsmith

I'm a male and experimented with DHEA, progest-E and pregnenolone in the past.

For a while, I couldn't make pregnenolone to work in a good way so I only used the former two. However, these were only for occasional uses, when my health hit a low, not for more than a few days consecutively. For example, a few drops of progest-E would end some headache after a few hours. And RP has cautioned about using those often, except progest-E for women.

What did RP say when he cautioned using these often?

Mauritio

Pregenelone would probably be better in just about every situation.
How the tables have turned...:)
Georgi releasing a 3:1 Progesterone : Dhea supplement and suggesting it might replace TRT for males in the future ...